Author Topic: not such a great game today  (Read 8811 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: not such a great game today
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2015, 11:20:23 AM »
No comment on here yet for the brilliant tactical substitution of our captain by Mr Genius. What a decision. 2-2 at the time. Sounds as if the defence had a bad game plus the poor ref did not help, but the only really physical presence we have in midfield is taken off and we capitulate  yet again.  Unbelievable.

They ( Ferriby ) were bypassing the midfield with hoofball at the time, leaving the middle of the park almost off limit hence why the change was made, and correctly so.

Then why not just drop him back into the defence and have 5 at the back to help nullify the long ball?   It's not rocket science, or is it!!
Because we wanted to win the game (it was 2-2 - in hindsight, yes we could have gone defensively for the draw). Maybe the 5-0-5 formation would have worked?!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »
No comment on here yet for the brilliant tactical substitution of our captain by Mr Genius. What a decision. 2-2 at the time. Sounds as if the defence had a bad game plus the poor ref did not help, but the only really physical presence we have in midfield is taken off and we capitulate  yet again.  Unbelievable.

If you were not at the match how can you assess if DN used the wrong tactics ?

I think this post like most your others just expose you have a grudge of some kind against DN .

I prefer to listen to the posters  on here who were present at the match .

Its not wise to listen to one who has criticised Greene for bringing in loan players ,  did you think it was a mistake playing Rivas, Macavoy and Richards ?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
I think it was 2-2 when Scott was substituted--we went 4-2 down, one of them from a terribly defended corner which Scott would have been defending no doubt, we then scored again to make it 4-3. But then you were there and know better. Mr Genius seemed to be blaming Liam yet again for two of the goals, so why not put Scott back into a back three-he is a centre half after all-. You can still attack and win the game with this formation. Mr Genius lovers are just trying to avoid the facts again--bad decision by a very ordinary manager. I think that McEvoy has done very well since coming here, but the position should have been filled at the start of the season. Jordan has started to do well in his latest position, but is not a full back in my view which was the position he was in for, and I still think we need a permanent goalkeeping solution. I think most of the other bit part players that have come and gone including loan players-remember the left back from Port Vale!! have been very poor and brought in by our manager. I am sorry if you dont like the way I see it, but perhaps you could come up with some constructive comments instead of your negative moaning about all the comments I make

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2015, 07:05:39 PM »
I think it was 2-2 when Scott was substituted--we went 4-2 down, one of them from a terribly defended corner which Scott would have been defending no doubt, we then scored again to make it 4-3. But then you were there and know better. Mr Genius seemed to be blaming Liam yet again for two of the goals, so why not put Scott back into a back three-he is a centre half after all-. You can still attack and win the game with this formation. Mr Genius lovers are just trying to avoid the facts again--bad decision by a very ordinary manager. I think that McEvoy has done very well since coming here, but the position should have been filled at the start of the season. Jordan has started to do well in his latest position, but is not a full back in my view which was the position he was in for, and I still think we need a permanent goalkeeping solution. I think most of the other bit part players that have come and gone including loan players-remember the left back from Port Vale!! have been very poor and brought in by our manager. I am sorry if you dont like the way I see it, but perhaps you could come up with some constructive comments instead of your negative moaning about all the comments I make
ok...............
do you think another manager would make every decision you think to be the correct one every time?
if this were the case would you get off their backs.?
DG will make mistakes as will the players because of the level we are at. neither will do everything 100% all the time.
there will be bad decisions from players and management.............they are as fallible as the rest of us.
the fact you want DG to make every substitution to be an act of supreme brilliance every time quite frankly astonishes me.
the fact is that he gets it generally gets more right than wrong!
(check league position this and last year...........possibly over performed last year a la Liverpool a coupe of seasons ago)
Given the choice between him and you and would give the nod to DG.
if your Football knowledge and experience is so good, why don't you offer your skills as an assistant to him?
bunny could then get on with something else

the Chestnuts are trying to make the club financially viable and DG has to keep with in a VERY tight budget.
I doubt many managers as equipped as he is would be happy to be constrained as he is.
instead of pursuing what appears to be a personal vendetta against the bloke you could cut him some slack and give him some credit.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »
I think the game was shouting out for us to freshen up the midfield at 2-2 just a shame it went belly up as really should of been a game we won.
Garner is a absolute favourite but but I'm sure he has no gripe at being subbed for pace in midfield.

I'm not always great at saying how well people do, but what a great manager we have really is a shame he gets left behind in the summer market  and we have to play catch up, also having a local lad as his assistant.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2015, 08:32:27 PM »
, also having a local lad as his assistant.
is Bunny being local a problem or a bonus?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:25 PM »

Why pick on me , others come on here giving negative comments on your posts .
Impossible to give a positive slant to your posts when your comments are based on guesswork , hindsight and a dislike of DG .  My times better spent reading the comments of posters like Garry etc who were at the match .

Re: your comment on Liam ,  if you were referring to the DG bbc lincs interview post match Saturday I suggest you listen to it again more carefully .    Greene comment absolved Liam on any blame by explaining that the ball was too high for him to reach .

Your praise has rightly been high for Ravas , Richards and McEvoy of recent matches ,  6 weeks ago you were telling us  "loan signings do not work ",  had you forgot about Agnew and Max etc as well.  A bit of your hindsight would have been useful there !!!!  As other posters have pointed out to you a manager cannot get everything right , a few loan signings costing very little to make squad numbers up  minor .  Remember in the past permanent signings getting big pay-offs ?  a thing of the past  with Greene .

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »
, also having a local lad as his assistant.
is Bunny being local a problem or a bonus?

Defiantly a bonus.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
Again, very few positive or constructive comments from those that say I am always negative. Very little point in progressing this any further. Think I will take the same line as NF and not bother with anymore posts on topics like this, just support the team I have played for many years ago and supported for longer than I can remember. Its a waste of time trying to argue with all the pro Mr Genius plants and luvvies. I dont rate him--time will tell.