Author Topic: great game today  (Read 11804 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: great game today
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »
October a grim month for the moaners .   "Lost dressing room "  " loans do no work "  ,  lacking a "proper manager " etc etc .   They got it all wrong .

Credit to West keal pilgrim for promptly coming on to admit he was wrong .

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2015, 04:15:38 PM »
It was a very good performance today and full credit to all the team. From the players available we at last got the right players actually playing in the right position-- some people on here quickly forget the first half at Telford. The reason it was a good game is that FCUM are a side that likes to play football and go forward and that suits our style of play. I would have liked to see Dixon and Walker on earlier as the midfield looked a bit streched at times, but thats nitpicking. Pidge was superb, and I have to say that Richards had a magnificent game--unrecognisable from the full back position when he first came. Special mention to FCUM supporters- I wish our town end sounded like that every week-maybe it was where I stood but I did not hear them much in their temporary home down Spayne Lane. A wonderful send off for Luke and his family must be proud. Am I getting too positive GHM!!!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2015, 04:26:59 PM »
maybe it was where I stood but I did not hear them much in their temporary home down Spayne Lane
Were you in the ground?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »
maybe it was where I stood but I did not hear them much in their temporary home down Spayne Lane
Were you in the ground?

Yes he was, and like DT I didn't hear much of the "Town End" except the drum!!

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2015, 07:44:11 PM »
Great start and it was a bit of a strange one from there really, some fantastic individual performances, Jona especially.

One thing is crystal clear though, if you want to get something from us don't try and play football.  Seen now a few times, sides that try it fall short as we have a great work ethic and a lot of players comfortable on the ball.  Hoofball if horrible to watch but we may see more and more sides adopt it through the season, shows how critical it is to keep the Pidge/Mills combo fit and Garner in midfield.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
It was a very good performance today and full credit to all the team. From the players available we at last got the right players actually playing in the right position-- some people on here quickly forget the first half at Telford. The reason it was a good game is that FCUM are a side that likes to play football and go forward and that suits our style of play. I would have liked to see Dixon and Walker on earlier as the midfield looked a bit streched at times, but thats nitpicking. Pidge was superb, and I have to say that Richards had a magnificent game--unrecognisable from the full back position when he first came. Special mention to FCUM supporters- I wish our town end sounded like that every week-maybe it was where I stood but I did not hear them much in their temporary home down Spayne Lane. A wonderful send off for Luke and his family must be proud. Am I getting too positive GHM!!!!

DT is right to remind us of the first half at Telford ,  the only 45mins in the month that Greene has not out-thought the oppossing manager yet still turned it round to gain an away point against an improving team .     Easy to see why coaches from higher level  trust Greene, and loan him  players to further their development .
As dt mentions the the vast improvement by Jordon Richards, it is an excellent example of the benifits of loans to both clubs ,  pleased to see dt now accepting loanee,s after so strongly oppossing them. Another one Greene has got right .
Jordon also put to bed another of dt pet theories ,  would a 6ft plus northerner midfielder that he demands made a more telling  contribution  than Jordon on Saturday?

A great run yet we still have key players missing ,  future looks bright .

I,m sure dt will echo my sentiment,   WELL DONE DEN .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »
Were you in the ground?

Yes he was, and like DT I didn't hear much of the "Town End" except the drum!!

Maybe the hat muffles the sound. Pretty good atmosphere I thought, all game.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 09:38:19 PM »
Ah ah lol dt couldn't moan about the team and management so the poor old supporters have to get the moaning  ;D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2015, 10:06:39 AM »
Never heard the Townenders all match.  I cannot understand why they stand in Spayne road.  What is wrong with the York street end?  Some of the older posters will remember how the York street sounded in it's hayday. I know the Townenders sang their hearts out on Saturday, but no one could hear them due to bad acoustics.  The acoustics are way better at the York street end.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »
What is wrong with the York street end?
Personally, it's too shallow for a couple of hundred people to be close together. And the people who normally stand there will probably moan about the noise.

The players could obviously hear the singing, as they came over at the end.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 06:47:01 PM »
Never heard the Townenders all match.  I cannot understand why they stand in Spayne road.  What is wrong with the York street end?  Some of the older posters will remember how the York street sounded in it's hayday. I know the Townenders sang their hearts out on Saturday, but no one could hear them due to bad acoustics.  The acoustics are way better at the York street end.

Agree with that. We need to take the roof of YS with us for our new ground! I do radio comms and even a few away fans can make enough noise for it to distract me with a headset on.

Thought it was the loudest for a little while, certainly like a 90 minute version of the end of the Alfreton game when we were non stop for about the last half houyr.
That said, we didn't really come across on the club's highlights video.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »
I was sat in the Main Stand, and hardly heard the townenders.  Hardly surprising when FC Utd fans were in full voice.
I also can't understand why they congregate down Spayne Road - not only have you got poor acoustics but also have to chant/shout above the away supporters.

The York Street Stand was traditionally the Home End - and can remember the fantastic atmosphere that was created by supporters there.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2015, 01:55:19 PM »
Yes I was there as I have been for over 40 years and not criticising the fans. Just made the comment that I could not here the town end as several others have also stated. Its not cold enough for the hat yet, but will be soon. It might be useful for those on the town end to chant a bit more clearly as most of us on Spayne Lane havn't got the slightest idea what they are singing anyway.