Author Topic: Another 3 points  (Read 9227 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another 3 points
« on: October 17, 2015, 06:23:06 PM »
A hard fought game which we came out on top.
Impressed with Johnson when came on.
Rivas continues to improve.
Richards does the simple things...good player.
Robbins scored a really good goal after being average.
Wish Dayle had got on scoresheet, he works so hard

Winning when your not playing at your best and without three regulars and losing a replacement....
Great win :)
I thought they looked a better side than Fylde and we lost 0-3 to them.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
The best performance I've seen so far because we really had to dig in to win that against a strong skillful side.
Robbins and Roberts both took the goals well.  Robbins is a real problem for defenders with his strength on the ball, hope Den can manage him and keep him happy here
Ravas continues to grow in confidence and again made some important saves.
 :dan

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »
I often leave a game we've dominated thinking "how did we not win that?" Alfreton fans must be thinking exactly that now.

Mustard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
A hard fought game which we came out on top.
Impressed with Johnson when came on.
Rivas continues to improve.
Richards does the simple things...good player.
Robbins scored a really good goal after being average.
Wish Dayle had got on scoresheet, he works so hard

Winning when your not playing at your best and without three regulars and losing a replacement....
Great win :)
I thought they looked a better side than Fylde and we lost 0-3 to them.

Dayle may not have got on the scoresheet, but a totally unselfish pullback from him today allowed Roberts to score

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »
I often leave a game we've dominated thinking "how did we not win that?" Alfreton fans must be thinking exactly that now.
Personally you must have watched summit different to me. I didn't think anyone dominated that game

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 06:57:25 PM »
HOOF
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
Personally you must have watched summit different to me. I didn't think anyone dominated that game

I agree with you Bostonshire , the real difference was in the dug-outs .  Greene  well and truly outflanked Nicky Law who must have been left gutted by seeing his giants  undone by Greene and his "midgets".   
Not a game Law will look back on with pride .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 07:53:46 PM »
Hinting at A tactician or a genius there GHM...or possibly both ?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 08:46:13 PM »

Was you at the same game as i ? Alfreton hoofed it, huffed and puffed and dived all over the place. I didn't think they dominated at all, they might be a big physical side but they didn't look like a team that could get promoted.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 11:26:21 PM »
I'm with Yam man, but it's 3 points.

We only had 3 shots on goal all game and the winner was a badly deflected goal given to Robbins who looks like he's got a bit of pace but far to lazy drifts out of game, spends to much time falling over (cheating) and look like he's not bothered.

Must mention the referee thought he had a good game and got most things spot on, early on he booked for dissent (except number 9 who must be related) and was not fooled by the diving and simulation, it's about time someone started to ban these cheats that seem to be filtering down the leagues.

Hope Jones is okay impressive debut did everything well and looks like he can pass aswell.

Onwards and upwards without playing well so all is good
Well done Dennis and Martin

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:03:31 AM »
Ryan Robbins is a GOD! This guy is the best striker in the division and we've got him! As long as we can keep him fit, we stand a great chance of getting out of this terrible League and into the "Conference Premier". Only worrying thing about yesterday is that we could only name 4 substitutes.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 08:35:57 AM »
I'm with Yam man, but it's 3 points.

We only had 3 shots on goal all game and the winner was a badly deflected goal given to Robbins who looks like he's got a bit of pace but far to lazy drifts out of game, spends to much time falling over (cheating) and look like he's not bothered.

Must mention the referee thought he had a good game and got most things spot on, early on he booked for dissent (except number 9 who must be related) and was not fooled by the diving and simulation, it's about time someone started to ban these cheats that seem to be filtering down the leagues.

Hope Jones is okay impressive debut did everything well and looks like he can pass aswell.

Onwards and upwards without playing well so all is good
Well done Dennis and Martin

Seems odd how you brand our own player a cheat. But ignore the blatant dive of there no.11 in the box. Why is Boston fans seem incapable of just getting behind the team. And om the point of the ref thought he was ok. Saying that why didn't he book said no 11. I was stood right at the front difinatly no.contact

Jamie Short

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 08:52:44 AM »
So nice for the luck to be on our side!!! So many games when the other team get goals in the last minute!! I was getting twitchy during extra time.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »
Henrich Ravas made another massive contribution to our win with three outstanding saves and there were sound performances all over the pitch in very difficult circumstances, but for me, the man who put in the biggest shift was Scott Garner.  He organised and orchestrated his defence and showed such determination that he was an inspiration to all around him. 
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 10:38:36 AM »
Robbins who looks like he's got a bit of pace but far to lazy drifts out of game, spends to much time falling over (cheating) and look like he's not bothered.
Maybe you were getting mixed up with the warm up, and the match? Two or three times Robbins found himself within 20 yards of our goal, and he pt in numerous thunderous challenges to win the ball back He's not going to be up and down the wing all game, as this would stifle where he does best - at the other end of the pitch! He's not got the elegance that Dayle has (and Newsh when he was here), but he has pace, power and determination to score.

He wouldn't have scored the winner had he been in the left back position where you obviously expect him to be when they have the ball - Cameron Johnson won the ball back, and put over a delightful ball that Robbins finished off with power.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/