Author Topic: Another 3 points  (Read 9226 times)

Captain Clean

• View Profile
Re: Another 3 p
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »
Another hard thought win yesterday and boy that victory tasted sweet. The team refused to be fouled and bullied into submission by an ill disciplined team of cheats. I think the word cheat is justifiably used there as that's exactly what they were. For a moment I thought I'd turned up to watch us play Tom Daley and the rest of the Olympic diving team.

I think certain posters on here do Robbins a great disservice and P86 sums up his attributes perfectly.

Alfreton fully expected their gameplan to work and when long punts and poor gamesmanship didn't work they looked like just another average team. It's games like yesterday that gives me a sense of pride in this team. The hard work and determination from the team demonstrated another aspect to the teams capabilities. It reminded of they games against Ferriby and the many frustrating results we've had over the last couple of seasons. It's so pleasing now to see us hold our own against these ennoying teams that come to rough us up and smash it long.

Another good performance by Mr. Ravas as well, made several crutial saves. He's definitely proving my initial judgements wrong. Hope the handshake and well wishes makes up for it mate. Wonder how many others will do the same.

So, up to the dizzying heights of joint 5th. Who'd of thought that. Well done all !

UTP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another 3 points
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »
I'm with Yam man, but it's 3 points.

We only had 3 shots on goal all game and the winner was a badly deflected goal given to Robbins who looks like he's got a bit of pace but far to lazy drifts out of game, spends to much time falling over (cheating) and look like he's not bothered.

Must mention the referee thought he had a good game and got most things spot on, early on he booked for dissent (except number 9 who must be related) and was not fooled by the diving and simulation, it's about time someone started to ban these cheats that seem to be filtering down the leagues.

Hope Jones is okay impressive debut did everything well and looks like he can pass aswell.

Onwards and upwards without playing well so all is good
Well done Dennis and Martin

Seems odd how you brand our own player a cheat. But ignore the blatant dive of there no.11 in the box. Why is Boston fans seem incapable of just getting behind the team. And om the point of the ref thought he was ok. Saying that why didn't he book said no 11. I was stood right at the front difinatly no.contact

On Dayle Southwell twitter he mentions that the crowd gave good backing to the team yesterday .
Sounded decent from where I was it the main stand .   

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 11:38:06 AM »
You are rather missing the point i wasn't talking about the in game atmosphere. I was talking about a attitude i read on here

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 12:10:51 PM »
You are rather missing the point i wasn't talking about the in game atmosphere. I was talking about a attitude i read on here

Sorry Big M.   Yes I think most of us share your view .  But to put it into prospective those you mention only amount to 3/4 posters .

Apt post , just reminded me ,   the mentioned posters seem to have gone to ground .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:12:24 PM by green hats mate »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »
Can't see why I'm sure they would have had the argument that we need 7 or 8 twenty stone players to counter the big guys. And then the following week moan when we get beat by a football side 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2015, 03:45:15 PM »
the winner was a badly deflected goal given to Robbins
Seeing it live (from the Town End) I didn't see any deflection - just power. Having now watched it on the highlights, from the main stand angle, there definitely was no deflection! Just the keeper not being able to get a clean hand on it.

Hopefully, you'll now give the full credit to Robbins, after scoring an excellent goal?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »
yo aint seen the best of robbins yet that's 4 sure.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2015, 09:08:46 PM »
the winner was a badly deflected goal given to Robbins
Seeing it live (from the Town End) I didn't see any deflection - just power. Having now watched it on the highlights, from the main stand angle, there definitely was no deflection! Just the keeper not being able to get a clean hand on it.

Hopefully, you'll now give the full credit to Robbins, after scoring an excellent goal?

Just seemed like a good goal to me. Also why when Jones went down did it take so long for the game to stop. Seemed obvious to me he was in agony

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »
Think I am in the how did we win that game camp! But I dont care it was a very resilient performance and all credit to all concerned-- I suppose that includes Mr Genius as well!! I still think that we looked physically outmuscled in many positions and I know they were falling all over the place-reminded me of Lee Tumble- but we have to get more grit especially in midfield. What will happen when the pitches get heavy. I know we were lacking in subs etc but I thought the manager should have taken off Richard Jones when he went down a view minutes earlier it was a nasty tackle and he was obviously struggling. I just hope he hasnt  ruined the lads season. Very tough game on Saturday now--we'll do well to get anything out of that.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2015, 09:20:24 PM »
No deflection on Robbins goal, unless you count the keepers finger tips as the ball scorched his prints off. The physio would have had the call as to wether Jones could carry on, not to mention the player himself.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »
Think I am in the how did we win that game camp! But I dont care it was a very resilient performance and all credit to all concerned-- I suppose that includes Mr Genius as well!! I still think that we looked physically outmuscled in many positions and I know they were falling all over the place-reminded me of Lee Tumble- but we have to get more grit especially in midfield. What will happen when the pitches get heavy. I know we were lacking in subs etc but I thought the manager should have taken off Richard Jones when he went down a view minutes earlier it was a nasty tackle and he was obviously struggling. I just hope he hasnt  ruined the lads season. Very tough game on Saturday now--we'll do well to get anything out of that.

We live in strange times..............
A DT Woodhall post I agree with ;)
As for whether to bring him off, surely he would have consulted Katie and made a decision based on that?
(It's a bit Chelsea isn't it ?)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2015, 09:41:48 PM »

We were physically out muscled dt ,   They had 11 giants we had 3 +8 midgets ( 1giant + 10midgets the last half-hour) .   How did we do it?   I think most fans have figured that out !!!!!!.

Alfreton had a "proper manager "  Nicky Law  ex Chesterfield, Grimsby etc .  their players problem was that Laws was out thought at every twist and turn of the game by Mr Genius .  Subs , various changes in tactics and formations, Greene won every contest .   
Between them the squad and Greene proved a good "midget " can beat a big northerner .

Nicky Law will at least get a bit of sympathy from Kevin Wilson another "proper manager" of Nuneaton . He suffered the same ordeal a few weeks ago .

According to Jones he carried on because he put his problem done to cramp .

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2015, 10:42:27 PM »
Mr Robbins and fellow posters I appoligise profusely for my error and have booked into specsavers, it definitely was a great strike.
I also proberly should of not accused you of being lazy, but you do take your time getting back onside and also getting up when you have been fouled,
I do think you will be a real asset when you get up to speed in this league.

My point about cheating I defend as I don't like this diving,
The referee wasn't fooled by it all (mostly) and maybe his only fault was not booking the 11.

Mr Greene really does a great job as manager on his budget and Mr Bunce really does look and sound like a man who could manage on his own one day just a shame his talent didn't get him experience in league when when playing.

Keep up the hard work