Author Topic: Help needed!!!  (Read 6001 times)

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
Help needed!!!
« on: September 03, 2009, 07:58:13 AM »
Good morning fellow Pilgrims.  I have a question that I'm hoping someone on here may be able to help me out with.  I'm looking into purchasing a book on United that is titled; Boston United: Lay on them Backs by Doug Lowe.  I think I have seen his name mentioned on Ken's site before.  Does anyone own it or indeed give me a quick run down of what it's about???  Bit of a random question I know but I'm currently deployed out of the country and need some light reading.  Missing not being at home seeing all the positive results we have been getting and can't wait to get my first game of the season.  Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.  Up the Pilgrims!!!

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Help needed!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 12:51:58 PM »
Doug Lowe was in touch with me at the end of July. He had almost finished his book on Boston United's history in the FA Cup and he reckoned it should be out sometime in September. So that should be worth looking out for.

I'll PM you with his e-mail address so you can find out if it's the same book and how to get it.

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »
Thanks Ken; I'll have a look at that

Shodfried

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »
I've sent Doug some stuff too, I wondered when the book would see the light of day.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:04:56 AM »
I've just received a copy of "Lay on them backs, Boston" from Doug Lowe himself. It is indeed his new book on Boston United's FA Cup History. It looks like a cracking book with lots of photos and facts.

It's available from Tony Brown, Soccer Data Publications, 4 Adrian Close, Beeston Nottinghamshire NG9 6FL. (www.soccerdata.com) Tel: 0115 973 6086.

It costs £10 plus postage and packing (£1.50 for UK orders, £3 for the rest of Europe, £5 for the rest of the World) - cheques made payable to Tony Brown.

ISBN: 978-1-905891-22-1

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:46 AM »
It would be nice if the club shop got a few copies in.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 03:06:50 PM »

Just spoken to Tony and he is going to put some in the club shop as soon as he can.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

PompeyPilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 04:31:50 PM »
Once again Ken, many thanks for the information on the book; will definately be purchasing a copy soonest. 

Shodfried

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Why didn't the club advertise this book?

Thanks Ken, my payments on the way on Monday.

Terry dactyl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 11:36:55 AM »

Just spoken to Tony and he is going to put some in the club shop as soon as he can.

I see they are selling it tonight at the club shop ..

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »
I've just received a copy of "Lay on them backs, Boston" from Doug Lowe himself. It is indeed his new book on Boston United's FA Cup History. It looks like a cracking book with lots of photos and facts.

It's available from Tony Brown, Soccer Data Publications, 4 Adrian Close, Beeston Nottinghamshire NG9 6FL. (www.soccerdata.com) Tel: 0115 973 6086.

It costs £10 plus postage and packing (£1.50 for UK orders, £3 for the rest of Europe, £5 for the rest of the World) - cheques made payable to Tony Brown.

ISBN: 978-1-905891-22-1

*Bump*

Just in case you're looking for a nice book to add to your Christmas List.  :)

Shodfried

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »
Hopefully it'll be my birthday present next week......

Doug's offered me 1st knockings on the programmes, if anyone has 300 quid spare to give to a deserving cause you can pm me....... ;)