Author Topic: Other teams in the unidump  (Read 6771 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Other teams in the unidump
« on: June 13, 2009, 07:52:07 PM »
      Just off the topic of boston and summit to do while we are waiting for the players to come rolling in.

I know this may be a bit early but having seen some of the players other teams have signed so far wich team do you fear most ?

Im going for nantwich to win this year.

I dont rate kings lynn chances at all with the players that they have signed. they have so far all been good calibre players but we had a team of fantastic players last year but in my opion like us last year i think there is several that wont be able to cope with this league.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Other teams in the unidump
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:11:54 PM »
 Yes Nantwich. . if they keep Steve Davis their mgr..who is rumoured to be up 4 the Asst Mgr 's job at Crewe Alex..

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »
BPA, surely if the money is still there they will be in and around again, there is only so many times they can get it wrong before money talks.

Lets face it the rest are a lottery as players move so much at this level, and teams change week on week.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 09:36:46 PM »
BPA will be up their i suppose because of their £££

but if Nantwich have/can kept/keep the same sqaud as last year letting go some of the fringe players and gettin a few new faces in i fancy them to push for promotion big time

but the lower you go down the pyrimid it becomes more unpredictable year to year

never know we might be up their come end of the season if we get the right faces in  ;D

bb1

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 07:40:14 PM »
Just my opinion but teams don't always perform the same each season.You only have to look at the difference between Boston's last two years. If complacency sets in any team can under perform such as Nantwich,BPA etc. Am putting my trust in our managers to get the best out of the squad they select. And if they all play for a similar fee it will go a long way to making them a team.Can't wait for the season to start am having footy withdrawal symptoms.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 07:00:29 PM »
 Maybe Ken or someone  could kindly list  how the  form of the likes of Ilkeston  Eastwood and Nantwich held up through the months of last season .. was it steady progress or mid-season surge . ?.
   Then we could compare to our team's (early ?)  progress 2009 /2010..

Dave_67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »
Maybe Ken or someone  could kindly list  how the  form of the likes of Ilkeston  Eastwood and Nantwich held up through the months of last season .. was it steady progress or mid-season surge . ?.
   Then we could compare to our team's (early ?)  progress 2009 /2010..

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/index.jsp?comp=14

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »
Thanks Dave 67..
  Well looking at the graphs .. Nantwich had a late season surge .. Kendal had  a mid -season droop  ..Eastwood went stratospheric after game 14 (wot happened ? )
  And Ilkeston .. were there or there abouts almost all season ..on the back of an extremely tight defence..
   I ll settle for similar next term..
     fT

cappo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 08:56:20 PM »
i think theres an awfull lot of work to be done befor we can be looking at our form like that..but who knows
"till saturday comes"