Author Topic: Three new signings?  (Read 18464 times)

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Three new signings?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 05:55:44 PM »
Feels like we need 3 new players.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
Only 4 months too late Den! Should have been signing not sunbathing on Benidorm beach!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 08:57:18 PM »
Only 4 months too late Den! Should have been signing not sunbathing on Benidorm beach!

Holiday at Christmas? ?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 10:07:28 PM »
Probably next week! Hopefully

Amber Man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 10:18:51 AM »
Heard a rumour one will be Connor Robinson back on loan from Lincoln

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 10:51:53 AM »
Wouldn 't need to put in a seven day notice if that were the case?

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 11:05:32 AM »
Apparently we've put in the required notice for these players and subject to them agreeing terms, they should be available to start against Nuneaton. Two of these players should be known to us already according to the manager.

I really hope these players are the missing links in our squad. Granted it's taken longer than anyone wanted but maybe now we can finally start the season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
Wouldn 't need to put in a seven day notice if that were the case?
2 of them are 7-dayers, but 3 in total
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 08:21:15 PM »
Lets hope  the CM is experienced enough to steady the ship and direct the team on the field  , badly need an old head to provide younger players leadership .
Difficult to envisage fast progress up the league without a better goalie

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 09:34:08 PM »
In my view we need 5 players. Goalkeeper, left back, two midfield players and another centre forward. I would prefer a new manager in place though before we panic into signing or getting in more loan players, which we all know unless we are very lucky like Max last year, do not work.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »
In my view we need 5 players. Goalkeeper, left back, two midfield players and another centre forward. I would prefer a new manager in place though before we panic into signing or getting in more loan players, which we all know unless we are very lucky like Max last year, do not work.

Rarely does the simple solution appear to be he correct one .

Remember the present band of protesters hounding Jason Lee out ?
What did it get us in return ?    Yes , Graham Drury !!!!
Did they back Drury ?  did  they hell !!!
Soon hounded Drury out ,  would the new incumbent prove they made he right move .

Give credit to this small  vociferous group for what followed .  If Greene departs anytime soon his CV will read as follows.
  2012-13 season . Joined BUFC mid-season inheriting a team of UNI (sth) class players and saved the club from religation .

2013-14.   Finished 6th in the league going into the last game of the season with an outside chance of making  play-offs .

2014 -2015 .   Many had wrote off our chances of making play-offs , but produced a usual 2nd half season surge to make 3rd place and play-offs  .

In my time at the club my signings have produced the following --

2013-14   The Con North  Player of the Year .
   "            Another player selected for Team o t year .

2014-15     Two players selected for NC team of year .
                   Two players called up for England C training .

A fairly impressive for Greene to take away .

Now I guess this little band calling for Green,s to go have got some one in mind with a better CV , or what the point of calling for him to go ?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 12:46:01 PM »

Rarely does the simple solution appear to be he correct one .

Remember the present band of protesters hounding Jason Lee out ?
What did it get us in return ?    Yes , Graham Drury !!!!
Did they back Drury ?  did  they hell !!!
Soon hounded Drury out ,  would the new incumbent prove they made he right move .

Give credit to this small  vociferous group for what followed .  If Greene departs anytime soon his CV will read as follows.
  2012-13 season . Joined BUFC mid-season inheriting a team of UNI (sth) class players and saved the club from religation .

2013-14.   Finished 6th in the league going into the last game of the season with an outside chance of making  play-offs .

2014 -2015 .   Many had wrote off our chances of making play-offs , but produced a usual 2nd half season surge to make 3rd place and play-offs  .

In my time at the club my signings have produced the following --

2013-14   The Con North  Player of the Year .
   "            Another player selected for Team o t year .

2014-15     Two players selected for NC team of year .
                   Two players called up for England C training .

A fairly impressive for Greene to take away .

Now I guess this little band calling for Green,s to go have got some one in mind with a better CV , or what the point of calling for him to go ?
eloquently put GHM
As  keep saying..........Careful for what you wish for

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »
With all the off-field stuff to sort out this season / next season, I think it is highly unlikely DG will lose his job. DN just has too many other priorities.

The only way I could see this happening is if we were in serious relegation trouble (unless of course DG was set a target of promotion). In my opinion I don't think a mid-table finish will worry DN too much this season - anything better than that - like play-offs or a cup run would be an absolute bonus.

Not great for the fans, who tasted football league a few years ago and a near miss with promotion last year, but we are still in a recovery and re-building phase and the off the pitch activities get no more significant than they are at this time.

TEP

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 08:47:50 PM »
If 2 are known to us and have played at a higher level, is one of them bazza? Also, I believe micky nuttell was seen in town recently. Maybe he's the second saviour?   ::)
tax free sarcasm and irony included