Author Topic: Is anyone else bored yet ?  (Read 16068 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else bored yet ?
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 10:54:52 AM »
Dont be daft, that may be spot on with the playing budget, but will not have anything to do with the operational budget. Even suggesting we are working on a weekly playing pay roll of less than £2000 a week is madness. Pidge, bearing in mind he signed a two year deal last season, and Garner, probably still our two highest earners will logically take out between six and eight hundred of that between them, and even if 6,7,8 players were under £200, maybe some even under £150, you cant do that on the budget you are suggesting.
Its also why, despite what some may think the FA Cup and Trophy are so vital. A win yesterday and one more in the next round, money that common sense says you can't budget for pre-season, may have given Greene an extra £10,000 to spend on recruitment and could have made the difference between bringing in a couple of really decent players or  couple of good ones, and how badly could the squad do with a bit of that extra quality.
The FA Cup may not mean a lot to teams in the premiership hell bent on survival, but to teams at our level, they can be a godsend, two more victories and we could have featured in a televised match, and suddenly our income because of it could have topped six figures and I cant believe anyone can dismiss our exit quite so flippantly   
sorry for being daft, thankfully its not a family trait.
however...........I am nearer the figure than you may think.
in your summary there are a few "probablys".......ie you don't actually know.
the figure of 3500 as far as I know is correct. this is why DG is getting loan players in etc.
I don't like it as others don't but this is a reality.
the chestnuts can not throw money at it indefinitely (they've subbed it for 8 years)
maybe stormy waters ahead??????????
be thankful for what we have.

(generally agree with you Mr Grimes :) )

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2015, 02:36:42 PM »
Dont be daft, that may be spot on with the playing budget, but will not have anything to do with the operational budget. Even suggesting we are working on a weekly playing pay roll of less than £2000 a week is madness. Pidge, bearing in mind he signed a two year deal last season, and Garner, probably still our two highest earners will logically take out between six and eight hundred of that between them, and even if 6,7,8 players were under £200, maybe some even under £150, you cant do that on the budget you are suggesting.
Its also why, despite what some may think the FA Cup and Trophy are so vital. A win yesterday and one more in the next round, money that common sense says you can't budget for pre-season, may have given Greene an extra £10,000 to spend on recruitment and could have made the difference between bringing in a couple of really decent players or  couple of good ones, and how badly could the squad do with a bit of that extra quality.
The FA Cup may not mean a lot to teams in the premiership hell bent on survival, but to teams at our level, they can be a godsend, two more victories and we could have featured in a televised match, and suddenly our income because of it could have topped six figures and I cant believe anyone can dismiss our exit quite so flippantly   
sorry for being daft, thankfully its not a family trait.
however...........I am nearer the figure than you may think.
in your summary there are a few "probablys".......ie you don't actually know.
the figure of 3500 as far as I know is correct. this is why DG is getting loan players in etc.
I don't like it as others don't but this is a reality.
the chestnuts can not throw money at it indefinitely (they've subbed it for 8 years)
maybe stormy waters ahead??????????
be thankful for what we have.

(generally agree with you Mr Grimes :) )

Rather than guess why don,t you two buy some shares in the club and get a copy of the balance sheet ,
or be like me and gadge a copy off some one else . :)

Looks to me that when we take into account the unknown wages of the manager , physio, kitman and scout £3.5k a week on players wages is no far adrift .

How long would it take the would-be managers on here to bust the budget in a early season rush to sign players ?

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2015, 08:21:12 PM »
The budget last season was £3000 per week.  This season's budget has been increased so presume it's an extra £500 per week  making the £3500.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 10:21:41 PM »

Rather than guess why don,t you two buy some shares in the club and get a copy of the balance sheet ,
or be like me and gadge a copy off some one else . :)

Looks to me that when we take into account the unknown wages of the manager , physio, kitman and scout £3.5k a week on players wages is no far adrift .

How long would it take the would-be managers on here to bust the budget in a early season rush to sign players ?
[/quote]
interesting thought GHM............however ..........what the shares of?
the name BUFC?
there is nothing solid to buy shares in is there?
it would be interesting to see if the club was prepared to do a Bond holding at the new ground rather like Arsenal did at the Emirates.
over you P86 and Ken :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 06:26:55 PM »
Great read .
Time does indeed stand still on Patter ,  this old thread almost a carbon copy of posts submitted this weekend .

Critics still unable to grasp how we are restricted by finance and geographical position .

Interesting comments on budget with various estimates of what it is .

Maybe this one can now be put to bed as  comment by Andy (Butler) on facebook suggests Greene has got a fair budget ,
sure Andy will clarify the figure for us .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:30:02 PM by green hats mate »

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 10:29:32 AM »
Put it this way. Our budget isn't the 22nd best....
Wouldn't surprise me if it's top 10. Who will be spending less than us
Gloucester
Worcester
Gainsborough
Curzon
Stalybridge?
Bpa?
Alfreton?
I doubt tamworth and Nuneaton are offering less, even though we got a couple off them.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
But aside from darlington who still have the north east and a decent catchment area from the northern leagues, who is in a worse location than us???

It's also why barrow are never really challengers at level 5, without significant money involved. Same for us. Lowestoft struggled here too for two years.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2016, 11:29:46 AM »

And the season hasn't ended, either.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if it's top 10. Who will be spending less than us
Gloucester
Worcester
Gainsborough
Curzon
Stalybridge?
Bpa?
Alfreton?
I doubt tamworth and Nuneaton are offering less, even though we got a couple off them.

Can,t see above far adrift josh .

As you suggest Tamworth , Nuneaton and probably Telford on a par with us . there again these clubs are  in a better catchment area to us to attract players .  Also Nuneaton are full- time based on the "Ilkeston Town model .  "     (Ilkeston have had a playing ban imposed on them by Evo-stik )

The 8 biggest spenders Darlo, Halifax , Stockport, Harrogate , AFC Man U, Kiddy , Salford and Fylde also have a big advantage by the fact of where their situated . 

So after top 8 spenders it leaves Boston , Telford , Nuneaton and Brackley who appear to be spending big again in the second block  of spenders .

Fact we have to face is that all the other 11 teams in this group are in a far better recruitment area than Boston.

So whether DG knockers like it or not, the fact is anything above 12th place this season would be over achieving .

Reflecting on make up of the league last season (less competitive )  8th in the league would have been a realistic target .
So we overachieved last season ,   also similar the season before .

Checked your Dads BU Facebook comment re:playing budget .
What he suggested it was DG fault for lack of success so far because he had a realistic budget .
I think DN has mentioned it in the past ,   what he means is a realistic budget that will not put the club in dire straits .

In reality Greene has overachieved on a realistic budget ,   unless Andy can come up with figures that suggest Greene,s was up there with the Fylde,s etc .
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 11:55:52 AM by green hats mate »