Author Topic: Darlington away  (Read 19839 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Darlington away
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2016, 04:25:16 PM »
The performance on Saturday should certainly see an extra edge to this Tuesday night. I'm sure some people will stay away because we're bottom of the league, not scoring gols, etc, but this is where supporters are needed to help the players.

Don't boo at half time if we're losing, don't just moan throughout the game if the odd pass goes astray, don't make sarcastic remarks in an effort to make yourself look funny in your match-going cliques - do encourage our younger players, do respect that our players and coaching staff are human beings and do congratulate the whole club should we pick up at least a point by being positive (although someone will still find a negative if we win 5-0).

This is BUFC, we don't want our players to become afraid of playing at home - it only make things worse.

I think once we get the 1st win out of the way, we'll be fine. We might not have the excitement of the Play Offs this season, but I'm sure we can still give it a good go. We lost 4 in a row last season (in March), and still got there - we ended that run with a win over Tamworth!

You summed everything up nicely Pilgrim86,  but sadly, as we all know there is a small section of our fan base who are quite happy to whine on about off field things, price of tickets, programme is too expensive, BUSA are not doing their job well, scouting staff are to blame, moaning last season that we never signed anyone early, now this season moaning we signed players too early, making conspiracy theory's  about the new stadium etc.  Then claiming they love the club.  Well then, don't pull it and its players to bits is my message to them !  Didn't these same people state we were going down a month into last season ?!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
The performance on Saturday should certainly see an extra edge to this Tuesday night. I'm sure some people will stay away because we're bottom of the league, not scoring gols, etc, but this is where supporters are needed to help the players.

Don't boo at half time if we're losing, don't just moan throughout the game if the odd pass goes astray, don't make sarcastic remarks in an effort to make yourself look funny in your match-going cliques - do encourage our younger players, do respect that our players and coaching staff are human beings and do congratulate the whole club should we pick up at least a point by being positive (although someone will still find a negative if we win 5-0).

This is BUFC, we don't want our players to become afraid of playing at home - it only make things worse.

I think once we get the 1st win out of the way, we'll be fine. We might not have the excitement of the Play Offs this season, but I'm sure we can still give it a good go. We lost 4 in a row last season (in March), and still got there - we ended that run with a win over Tamworth!

You summed everything up nicely Pilgrim86,  but sadly, as we all know there is a small section of our fan base who are quite happy to whine on about off field things, price of tickets, programme is too expensive, BUSA are not doing their job well, scouting staff are to blame, moaning last season that we never signed anyone early, now this season moaning we signed players too early, making conspiracy theory's  about the new stadium etc.  Then claiming they love the club.  Well then, don't pull it and its players to bits is my message to them !  Didn't these same people state we were going down a month into last season ?!!

You're giving the moaners a reaction, especially cross-referencing Facebook and Patter.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2016, 09:00:54 PM »
Ferret - only when I'm running late !

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2016, 10:54:22 AM »

You're giving the moaners a reaction, especially cross-referencing Facebook and Patter.

Oh yeah, but to then see them lowering themselves to hurling personal abuse just show's them in their true colour's. Let's not forget, anyone that can be constructive and balanced with their views about the current issues regarding this club of ours, without feeling the need to tear the club apart, are "classic apologist's and club ar**licker's"  .....apparently !  :bunny :bunny   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
We expect the management to do their best
We expect the chairman etc to do their best.
Are we as SUPPORTERS doing our best?
Is hurling abuse etc at players and management "doing our best"?????

Just think before you shout crap out

Nothing to do with being apologist etc but more to do with not undermining what is trying to be done.