Author Topic: Is anyone else bored yet ?  (Read 16067 times)

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
Is anyone else bored yet ?
« on: September 26, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
It feels like we've stepped back 3 years and aren't kicking on from the last couple of seasons. Is it time for a change, or are we just down on our luck a bit ?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else bored yet ?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 06:10:46 PM »
Both!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 06:16:43 PM »
Had enough of Greene! Time for a change NOW

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 06:27:17 PM »
I'm watching Newcastle V Rent Boys. Rent Boys are woeful, this is the team that last season won the Prem. They have, or so some say, the best manager in the world!!
Would you sack Jose? No, so stop moaning and put up with it. At the moment we're poor, at the moment the Rent Boys are poor!!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 06:28:39 PM »
They won the league last year but we never!!!!

Anita Goodsheet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 07:17:04 PM »
I'll be very surprised if we finish higher in our league than Chelsea do in the prem come the end of the season, but we'll have to wait and see. Den's steady, but is steady good enough to keep people coming through the gate.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 07:37:42 PM »
Sad thing is Spalding are further in the cup than us

Odin

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2015, 07:45:06 PM »
Oh Dear.
Never mind, soon be Christmas.
As I have said before, don't blame the players because they are chosen by a higher being.
The players didn't look happy before the start of the game, never mind the end.
A few 'supporters' gathered near the dugout at the end to have words with the manager which I could understand but I was pleased to see they didn't abuse the players. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for the 5/6 quality players we have, like Mills, Pidge, to be playing with other lads who are not of the same quality. Not their fault they are not up to standard, I wonder whose fault it is.
Just a thought, does Greeny ever praise and encourage our players or does he only know how to criticise them. I have never heard or seen such a person who has such an abundance of hindsight.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2015, 08:07:16 PM »
Oh Dear.
Never mind, soon be Christmas.
As I have said before, don't blame the players because they are chosen by a higher being.
The players didn't look happy before the start of the game, never mind the end.
A few 'supporters' gathered near the dugout at the end to have words with the manager which I could understand but I was pleased to see they didn't abuse the players. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for the 5/6 quality players we have, like Mills, Pidge, to be playing with other lads who are not of the same quality. Not their fault they are not up to standard, I wonder whose fault it is.
Just a thought, does Greeny ever praise and encourage our players or does he only know how to criticise them. I have never heard or seen such a person who has such an abundance of hindsight.

"abundance of hindsight "      :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Plenty of that on here .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 08:27:04 PM »
Said it a week ago. Today should be the last straw. Can't be doing with promises of strengthening the team to improve the season. Exactly the same happened last year waiting for the busa bus to leave leek town in remarkably similar circumstances. Time's up.
tax free sarcasm and irony included

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 10:18:38 PM »
No abundance of hindsight from most of us, we all knew we only needed 3 or 4 players to make us serious contenders this year.

player one = totally obvious that once Rene Steer left we needed a left back, not sorted
player two = experienced playmaker or ball winner in central midfield, bit of  a calm head to help the young squad, not sorted
player three = physical striker to put defences under pressure and set up play for Dayle, not sorted
player four = good quality keeper, hopefully with some experience, not sorted

why can Gainsborough attract players like Jarmen and D'Laryea who would have improved us, please please someone tell me why we take on young lads of 17, 18 from league teams who just can’t compete physically in this league. Isn’t our budget big enough or is several weeks in Benidorm more appealing than signing players.

Crowds will dwindle and all the positivity from last season will quickly fade. Hope I’m wrong but we could be in a relegation battle, the year we were relegated from the conference time and time again we were told were too good to go down, well we did. Changes need to be made quick, not saying Dennis should go now but if we are still in the same predicament after the next 4 league games we will have to see what happens.
Yes we’ve won 4 games, Curzon 21st , Brackley 18th, Gloucester 17th, Corby 16th and not beaten a single team above us.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 06:31:28 AM »
At the end of the day, it's only the FA Cup which most clubs find a distraction anyway. A Cup Competition, just like the FA Trophy, which is in Purgatory. Sorry, but this is 2015 and it's Leagues, Leagues, Quadrant, Leagues which count!!!! We've still got a new ground and 500 houses to look forward to!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 08:45:51 AM »
Well said Hozzer in your post totally spot on I agree with every word.
One thing id like to be answered which would be vital in knowing if we should get of Greens back or give him the benefit of time is this...
Has he identified quality players in the summer to fill the gaps which Hozzer points too only to be told by the chairman to find cheaper younger replacements.
If this is the answer to the critical question then its not Dennis Greens fault at all and he blame solely lays with the Chairman of the club.
Its a huge question that needs to be answered.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 09:32:55 AM »
The chairman is a truly wonderful chap, lets get that out of the way first.
Just remember how much debt we have, i would think we don't have has much money to spend as lots on here think.
I'm not saying DG is bullet proof, he could as some think get the chop if things don't improve. The next problem is, who replaces him if that happens?
Will whoever get a bigger budget, i very much doubt it. They will, like DG have the same players, yes he could move them on and replace. How much would they ask for, players are not stupid, they know how much they want.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
I believe the club is on approx 3500 pw budget.
Take away the 1750 rent.
Do the maths