Author Topic: U 21s v Cleethorpes  (Read 4858 times)

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
U 21s v Cleethorpes
« on: September 20, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »
What is the point?

Hardly a nurturing ground for future talent.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Re: U 21s v Cleethorpes
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:40:40 PM »
Looks like, according to the Club's Official Website, that our Youth Team also have a fixture (venue tbc - home) tomorrow at 7.45pm v Anstey Nomads. Craig, can you confirm if this is correct, please? Many thanks.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:28:00 PM »
Looks like, according to the Club's Official Website, that our Youth Team also have a fixture (venue tbc - home) tomorrow at 7.45pm v Anstey Nomads.
It was announced over the tannoy on Saturday, no confirmation needed. It's in the FA Youth Cup, at York Street.  :dan
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:36:57 PM »
What is the point?

Hardly a nurturing ground for future talent.

It's in the new Lincs U21 League, I think. Should be regular games - Cleethorpes, Gainsborough, GCB Humbertherm, Newark and Sleaford in the division... maybe playing each other 4 times, like in Scotland?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 07:20:13 AM »
Looks like, according to the Club's Official Website, that our Youth Team also have a fixture (venue tbc - home) tomorrow at 7.45pm v Anstey Nomads.
It was announced over the tannoy on Saturday, no confirmation needed. It's in the FA Youth Cup, at York Street.  :dan
Wasn't there on Saturday as had a funeral to go to, but thanks for information. I disagree with you though, a game should always be confirmed on the Official Site in any case - saves having to ask on this Forum. I am sure Craig will now input full details on both these games on the Official Site Wednesday morning!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 08:52:33 AM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
Wasn't there on Saturday as had a funeral to go to, but thanks for information. I disagree with you though, a game should always be confirmed on the Official Site in any case - saves having to ask on this Forum. I am sure "Craig" will now input full details on both these games on the Official Site Wednesday morning!
It (Youth Cup game) was announced when the draw was made, and entered in the fixture list (and it's on the FA Youth Cup fixture list on the FA website)... Craig also announced both games on the official Twitter last night, and will probably do a preview on the OS (he does first team midweek previews on the day, rather than a day before like for Saturday matches).

If you've got some free time, maybe Craig (yes, that's his name - no need for inverted commas!) would welcome your help with these previews?

Info on the U21 league is here - http://football.mitoo.co/FixtResMonth.cfm?TblName=Matches&DivisionID=19963&LeagueCode=LIFL2015&MonthNo=9

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 04:50:59 PM »
Wasn't there on Saturday as had a funeral to go to, but thanks for information. I disagree with you though, a game should always be confirmed on the Official Site in any case - saves having to ask on this Forum. I am sure "Craig" will now input full details on both these games on the Official Site Wednesday morning!
It (Youth Cup game) was announced when the draw was made, and entered in the fixture list (and it's on the FA Youth Cup fixture list on the FA website)... Craig also announced both games on the official Twitter last night, and will probably do a preview on the OS (he does first team midweek previews on the day, rather than a day before like for Saturday matches).

If you've got some free time, maybe Craig (yes, that's his name - no need for inverted commas!) would welcome your help with these previews?

Info on the U21 league is here - http://football.mitoo.co/FixtResMonth.cfm?TblName=Matches&DivisionID=19963&LeagueCode=LIFL2015&MonthNo=9
Well, as I say, just lost a close member of my family so forgive me if I take your last post as a little bombastic. I did not read Twitter but I thank you for informing me of Craig's work schedule. I see OS is now updated with news of both games tonight. I think any help I could give to Craig would be rather limited. I think - I KNOW - he does a great job for BUFC/Chestnuts and without HIM this organisation would be less effective and efficient. However, despite our differences and characteristics, I have to say, P86, that I believe you would be better placed to aid him, if he really does need help, as you appear to have extensive knowledge of activities and happenings in both the League and Club and even know in advance a lot of stuff before it gets put on the OS! All the best and hope to see you tonight. Let us both unite and hope the Youth Team can progress easily into the next round!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:11:45 PM by Burgh Boy »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 08:17:58 AM »
Won 2-1
The older I get, the earlier it gets late