Author Topic: Well that was disappointing  (Read 19499 times)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
Re: Well that was disappointing
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
Garry, Dowie tried five switches in the first half all failed to meet the player. To sum it up for me without Scholesy we had no one to create, and were beaten by a very good team. Sadly despite our players best efforts we have no cohesian. But applauded our guys off but this season is going to be a struggle.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
Why are we playing well for only an hour or so and then falling to bits? Is it that the players are not fit enough to see out ninety minutes? it appears so. I am still finding it difficult to understand some selections and some substitutions. I have read a couple of posts that suggest Dowey played well, I know we all have our opinions and I respect that but how could anyone think that is beyond me, How he could be preferred to Dixon is unbelievable. How on earth could Rollins (possibly our best attacking player) be relegated to the bench and only be brought on when it was too late. All I will say is it is fast becoming farcical and there needs to be a complete rethink and big shake up one way or t'other.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 09:43:57 PM »
Yes, a disappointing result, especially after the win on Wednesday night.

The combination of having an unsettled squad and having played most of the teams that are likely to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season seems to have hurt us - and we've lost our way a bit.

I don't think today was a disaster by any means. One particular loud mouth in the main stand (who always seems to make DG turn around) was going on like it was a total catastrophe. I don't think there's any doubt that AFCF are a better team than us - and I think we did well to match them for a large part of the contest. Unfortunately, the goals in quick succession totally killed the game as far as both the team and the crowd were concerned. Most sat around me were a bit shell shocked at what had happened - it certainly didn't look like that was going to be the outcome as we progressed through the second half.

If I'm honest, I think DG thought at the start of the season that we were probably good enough to compete again this season, didn't / couldn't strengthen the squad appropriately and now he's having to run around and try and rectify the situation. Personally, I don't think he's far off having a decent team - he just needs to decide upon a settled eleven out of all the players that we have floating around at the moment (his actions sometimes remind me of SE - getting lots of players in and hoping that one or two will fit the bill). When he gets that I think we will start to improve and get some more consistency - although I still don't think we have the quality to match the top few sides in this league over the course of a season. Certainly think we miss Kane Felix. He was probably our most improved player towards the end of last season. Unfortunately, it looks like he may be out for a while with his injury.

Probably DG's most testing time of his tenure as expectations are relatively high after last season's near miss. I wouldn't want to go through the upheaval of getting a new manager in though. On the basis that every manager, player etc goes through difficult times in their career, I would like to see the support stick together and back DG to get the ship back on course.

TEP

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 10:57:21 PM »
Yes, a disappointing result, especially after the win on Wednesday night.

The combination of having an unsettled squad and having played most of the teams that are likely to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season seems to have hurt us - and we've lost our way a bit.

I don't think today was a disaster by any means. One particular loud mouth in the main stand (who always seems to make DG turn around) was going on like it was a total catastrophe. I don't think there's any doubt that AFCF are a better team than us - and I think we did well to match them for a large part of the contest. Unfortunately, the goals in quick succession totally killed the game as far as both the team and the crowd were concerned. Most sat around me were a bit shell shocked at what had happened - it certainly didn't look like that was going to be the outcome as we progressed through the second half.

If I'm honest, I think DG thought at the start of the season that we were probably good enough to compete again this season, didn't / couldn't strengthen the squad appropriately and now he's having to run around and try and rectify the situation. Personally, I don't think he's far off having a decent team - he just needs to decide upon a settled eleven out of all the players that we have floating around at the moment (his actions sometimes remind me of SE - getting lots of players in and hoping that one or two will fit the bill). When he gets that I think we will start to improve and get some more consistency - although I still don't think we have the quality to match the top few sides in this league over the course of a season. Certainly think we miss Kane Felix. He was probably our most improved player towards the end of last season. Unfortunately, it looks like he may be out for a while with his injury.

Probably DG's most testing time of his tenure as expectations are relatively high after last season's near miss. I wouldn't want to go through the upheaval of getting a new manager in though. On the basis that every manager, player etc goes through difficult times in their career, I would like to see the support stick together and back DG to get the ship back on course.

TEP

That's my feelings on it TEP.
They were never 3-0  better than us but the result will say otherwise.
Theyre second in the league and we aren't.
The big difference between the two clubs is budget.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 11:12:39 PM »
Certainly think we miss Kane Felix. He was probably our most improved player towards the end of last season.

TEP
Been called up for England C as has Joel Dixon

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 11:26:34 PM »
The sad thing is that Chestnuts have a budget for 500 houses and a new ground for the Pilgrims and also share the same Chairman as BUFC. 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 09:37:30 AM »
The sad thing is that Chestnuts have a budget for 500 houses and a new ground for the Pilgrims and also share the same Chairman as BUFC.
That's a good thing !
However he isn't Abromavich, and the club isn't a plaything. (Fylde, Brackley, Ferriby)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 11:12:34 AM »
UNLUCKY??   DONT THINK SO!

#Outmuscled everywhere today...
#The team is not settled...it changes every week...
#Greene should have made all these changes in the Summer when it didn't matter-not in September..
#We need to learn how to defend FAST!  With Piergianni and Mills in the team its strange that we concede so many goals...
#Southwell must be so frustrated playing in this "team"....he is head and shoulders above any other players we have...hes so often not on the same wavelength as the others...

If any defence isn't protected people will score goals

I agree....but isnt that what Garner is meant to do?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »

Its thanks to that chairmans financial support we have a team for us to come on here to discuss.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »

Its thanks to that chairmans financial support we have a team for us to come on here to discuss.

Totally agree GHM
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »
Disappointing no, utter garbage, yes. To carry on like this with the blind belief the play-offs are still possible under the current situation, then the man in charge has lost it. Reality check; the season is done, and defeat at gainsborough and an early cup exit should be, and needs to be, the final nail in the proverbial managerial coffin. I get the no budget routine, but resigning players that weren't good enough last year should tell the fans about the limited ideas the man has. When we're winning and things are rosy, it's great, but when things aren't going well, he has no idea how to turn things around. No idea who should take the helm, but the guy there now just isn't doing it for the club or the fans. Time for change...
tax free sarcasm and irony included

miele

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 02:56:53 PM »
my gran/dad sed we play like a flock of sheep with no leader on the pitch or off and if u think he will strike his bulldozers up 4 this lot to play on the new ground then u got another think comin gran/dad also said d'g should  look at some of our local lads andvillage teams befor bringin some of these socalled star lone playerss in

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 03:53:01 PM »
[/quote]

Without David Newton and chestnut homes there would be no Boston United for us to support, he gives the manager a competitive budget while also sorting out a new stadium to provide us with a sustainable future, look at the bigger picture,we have a massive future, these small clubs chucking silly money at the budget will not last long on crowds of 300, I would rather have a future than very short term success.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »
UNLUCKY??   DONT THINK SO!

#Outmuscled everywhere today...
#The team is not settled...it changes every week...
#Greene should have made all these changes in the Summer when it didn't matter-not in September..
#We need to learn how to defend FAST!  With Piergianni and Mills in the team its strange that we concede so many goals...
#Southwell must be so frustrated playing in this "team"....he is head and shoulders above any other players we have...hes so often not on the same wavelength as the others...

If any defence isn't protected people will score goals

I agree....but isnt that what Garner is meant to do?

Supposedly I was just making the point when a defence is overloaded people will score

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
Disappointing no, utter garbage, yes. To carry on like this with the blind belief the play-offs are still possible under the current situation, then the man in charge has lost it. Reality check; the season is done, and defeat at gainsborough and an early cup exit should be, and needs to be, the final nail in the proverbial managerial coffin. I get the no budget routine, but resigning players that weren't good enough last year should tell the fans about the limited ideas the man has. When we're winning and things are rosy, it's great, but when things aren't going well, he has no idea how to turn things around. No idea who should take the helm, but the guy there now just isn't doing it for the club or the fans. Time for change...
my gran/dad sed we play like a flock of sheep with no leader on the pitch or off and if u think he will strike his bulldozers up 4 this lot to play on the new ground then u got another think comin gran/dad also said d'g should  look at some of our local lads andvillage teams befor bringin some of these socalled star lone playerss in

Above posts a great example of the exitremes of postings on Patter .

W K P lists all what he considers our managers failures and then admits he cannot name anyone to replace him  ::),  sad reflection on other managers out seeking work .

In contrast we have the ever dependable miele ,   straight to the point and offers his grand-dads answer to our managerial problem,  putting the undecided posters to shame . :angel: