Author Topic: Well that was disappointing  (Read 19543 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well that was disappointing
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:34:33 PM »
I'm sure others will elaborate

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well that was disappointing
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:59:04 PM »
Unlucky, better team for 80 mins thought the formation of 6-3-1 nullified the opposition well and apart from the 10 minute spell when they scored 2 lucky goals and a dubious penalty we had them in our pockets,
How Jay Dowie never got MOM I will never know he worked his socks off and found his man with his aimless passing twice.
 ;D

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
Unlucky when. Where we're the shots where was the energy. The passion. It was poor and pathetic

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »
Well, you must have watched a different game to me.
THEY were better all over the pitch, we were ok and that's about it!! Long balls to know one, headed out with ease, midfield quicker, neater than us. Penalty, it looked a foul to me and i was stood York Street side of the half way line, in the box, stonewall penalty.
We never looked like scoring until Rollins came on, he was the only one with any pace up front.
Den, needs to have a re-think, cos it's not working!!! Crowds soon down to 800/900 if he doesn't sort it out.
MOM, Zak Mills, good choice worked hard all game.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 06:18:46 PM »
Very poor looked okish until they scored then we went to pieces for 10 mins .The way the ref was you could tell that any
chance he would give a penalty . not a Dowie fan but agree was m o t m today . If we loose next week I think mr greene will
be looking for another job .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 06:23:56 PM »
UNLUCKY??   DONT THINK SO!

#Outmuscled everywhere today...
#The team is not settled...it changes every week...
#Greene should have made all these changes in the Summer when it didn't matter-not in September..
#We need to learn how to defend FAST!  With Piergianni and Mills in the team its strange that we concede so many goals...
#Southwell must be so frustrated playing in this "team"....he is head and shoulders above any other players we have...hes so often not on the same wavelength as the others...

steve m

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 07:02:37 PM »
Absolute rubbish.....again.....so  poor after the high during the second half of last season...

Why take walker off and leave number 7 and Greene on....staggering

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 07:16:27 PM »
Absolute rubbish.....again.....so  poor after the high during the second half of last season...

Why take walker off and leave number 7 and Greene on....staggering
Bit harsh. It looked like a 0-0 or one would sneak it. 3-0 flattered them.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »
Sorry I was taking the p
That was absolute crap,

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
Had 0-0 written all over it until we capitulated.  They were no where near Solihull in ability and thought we had them at arms length.

Did their first look handball to everyone else?  After that it was a mess and we need to sort that, and fast.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »
Pathetic....blame Den

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2015, 08:16:06 PM »
UNLUCKY??   DONT THINK SO!

#Outmuscled everywhere today...
#The team is not settled...it changes every week...
#Greene should have made all these changes in the Summer when it didn't matter-not in September..
#We need to learn how to defend FAST!  With Piergianni and Mills in the team its strange that we concede so many goals...
#Southwell must be so frustrated playing in this "team"....he is head and shoulders above any other players we have...hes so often not on the same wavelength as the others...

If any defence isn't protected people will score goals

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2015, 08:16:54 PM »
I've seen 4 games so far this season so maybe I'm not in a good position to judge.
My opinion for what it's worth is that we are a bit lightweight compared to the likes of Fylde who appear physically stronger and fitter. We play some great stuff in the first half,  but if we don't score we get punished later on when the oppositions strength and fitness start to make a difference.
We did play some great football early on though,  and if we'd got a goal it would have been a different story I think.
Hope we get an early goal next week as we need a Cup run more than ever this season  :dan

Odin

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2015, 08:19:14 PM »
So if we had the better of them for 86 mins of the game why did they win. Of course its obvious, they scored more goals than us. So everyones answer seems to be better defenders. My answer is to get goal scorers who play for us. No complaints against Southwell but we can't expect him to do it all on his own. Without Jones we seemed to play with more vigour for longer. I loved the way there players took a pot at our goal from out of the box. We need to do more of that. In fact a couple of training sessions just shooting at goal might help.
Anyway after next Saturday we will be able to focus on the play offs. Zak my MoM. Dowie did very well.
Next Saturday I will be in Fylde area and was planning to travel back to Gainsborough for the game. I hope my joourney will be worth while.

womble

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
That performance overall was disappointing, the RB, Richards, was MOTM. Mills did okay, as did Dowie and Sarpong. This team concede goals because the centre of midfield isn't good enough (Garner is not a CM and Dowie isn't good enough, yes he did alright today but that was a first. Passing is dreadful, positional sense is lacking and his timing is abysmal.) and Piergianni isn't an intelligent defender, who tries to go through the back of someone going to the corner flag? (look at how many of his bookings have come from stupid tackles/decisions.)

Going forward we didn't really offer much until Rollins came on and added some directness, how Greene stayed on for so long is beyond me, he couldn't beat his man all day. Walker was poor in the final third, especially when trying to play the killer ball to Greene, Sarpong or Southwell. What doesn't help is that all those players don't make helpful or intelligent runs and just run toward goal expecting the ball to be played in front of them.... not going to happen.

When Rollins and Dixon came on we looked okay and actually tested their keeper, however relying on Garner to fill in positions all through the spine of the team concerns me. He's not a striker and he's not a midfielder and it shows (He plays box to box and as soon as the attacking play breaks down he's caught the wrong side and struggles to get back into a defensive position.) It just begs the question why players weren't signed for those positions in the summer.

On the whole very disappointing, the team selection worried me and when the first goal was conceded there was no sign of a change, to be honest I don't understand how there wasn't a change sooner after half time considering how certain players performed in the first half. Rollins and Dixon have to start next game, no questions asked.

#EndRant
On to Gainsborough.