Author Topic: Well that was disappointing  (Read 19501 times)

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well that was disappointing
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 07:13:41 PM »
yes the match was disappointing result, But Flyde was nothing special, just  that our defence is not good enough

Odin

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 07:47:42 PM »
Is it out defence is not good enough or is it our attacks do not worry the opposition enough that they have to keep back to defend their own goal.
I also think that that the play offs are out of reach already but without hope, high expectations or ambition what's the point. I will keep going not only because I have paid for my season ticket but because I believe the players really try to win and are hampered by the decisions/tactics of the boss. Why did the Americans go to the Moon, not because it was easy but because it was difficult. Why do we keep going to support the club, not because they are capable of winning the the league but because we hope they will.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 08:54:04 PM »
No midfield!  Need to put McGhee in to kick a few!

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 09:11:31 PM »
Disappointing no, utter garbage, yes. To carry on like this with the blind belief the play-offs are still possible under the current situation, then the man in charge has lost it. Reality check; the season is done, and defeat at gainsborough and an early cup exit should be, and needs to be, the final nail in the proverbial managerial coffin. I get the no budget routine, but resigning players that weren't good enough last year should tell the fans about the limited ideas the man has. When we're winning and things are rosy, it's great, but when things aren't going well, he has no idea how to turn things around. No idea who should take the helm, but the guy there now just isn't doing it for the club or the fans. Time for change...
my gran/dad sed we play like a flock of sheep with no leader on the pitch or off and if u think he will strike his bulldozers up 4 this lot to play on the new ground then u got another think comin gran/dad also said d'g should  look at some of our local lads andvillage teams befor bringin some of these socalled star lone playerss in

Above posts a great example of the exitremes of postings on Patter .

W K P lists all what he considers our managers failures and then admits he cannot name anyone to replace him  ::),  sad reflection on other managers out seeking work .

In contrast we have the ever dependable miele ,   straight to the point and offers his grand-dads answer to our managerial problem,  putting the undecided posters to shame . :angel: boring boring boring who would you choose then? And why?
tax free sarcasm and irony included

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 09:28:02 PM »
Disappointing no, utter garbage, yes. To carry on like this with the blind belief the play-offs are still possible under the current situation, then the man in charge has lost it. Reality check; the season is done, and defeat at gainsborough and an early cup exit should be, and needs to be, the final nail in the proverbial managerial coffin. I get the no budget routine, but resigning players that weren't good enough last year should tell the fans about the limited ideas the man has. When we're winning and things are rosy, it's great, but when things aren't going well, he has no idea how to turn things around. No idea who should take the helm, but the guy there now just isn't doing it for the club or the fans. Time for change...
my gran/dad sed we play like a flock of sheep with no leader on the pitch or off and if u think he will strike his bulldozers up 4 this lot to play on the new ground then u got another think comin gran/dad also said d'g should  look at some of our local lads andvillage teams befor bringin some of these socalled star lone playerss in

Above posts a great example of the exitremes of postings on Patter .

W K P lists all what he considers our managers failures and then admits he cannot name anyone to replace him  ::),  sad reflection on other managers out seeking work .

In contrast we have the ever dependable miele ,   straight to the point and offers his grand-dads answer to our managerial problem,  putting the undecided posters to shame . :angel: boring boring boring who would you choose then? And why?

I,ve not suggested changing the manager WKP and will not until I can suggest a realistic alternative !
You suggested a change of manager , who do you suggest as a replacement ?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 09:43:41 PM »
Change the manager?
The guy who got us to third last year?
He ain't perfect but he's doing a decent job on a very limited budget.
There will be ups and downs..and to be fair it's a bit down at the mo.
But it's football...things can change and I think he can change it.
Solihull will at some stage go through a bad spell.....we're just getting ours out the way early on ;)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
Totally frustrating for the fans and the players. How can we put up with this manager any longer. Loan players who are not ready for this league, but get preference and have to play under the terms set by their parent club, this means our existing better players are out of position, eg Marrs should be right sided, and I still think that Garner is a much better centre back than midfielder although he does add some much needed grit there.

We are constantly outmuscled by most opposition, especially after the first 30 or so minutes. Our problem is complacency in the close season when we all know we needed 4 or 5 better players to come into the squad and the manager has done virtually nothing to add strength and depth to the squad, now having to rely on inferior loan signings.

Changes are vital asap.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 06:30:05 AM »
As i said in a previous post, no pace. Scott is a C/H not a midfield player, L/M is a R/B not a L/B, we never replaced Rene Steer and boy does it show.
Dale is a smashing player, will get goals if given the correct service. Even at this level it's all about pace, missing Felix and that shows too. Rollins came on and added pace and could have grabbed himself a goal.
No doubt Den is wondering who he can get in to bring that pace to the team.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 02:50:34 PM »
Brilliant McGhee has left the club! Sensible choice from him!

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Brilliant McGhee has left the club! Sensible choice from him!
Grammar Nazi alert..............
shouldn't there be a comma between "brilliant" and "McGhee" ?

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
So we've gone from being in the play offs to being exactly where we were at the beginning of last season. Not knowing the strongest 11, playing players out of position and having a merry go round of loan players.

This all stems from being inactive in recruiting players during the summer where excuses are being trotted out about being outbid for players we approached. It's not as if we had a massive shopping list either so to blame other clubs for out spending us doesn't wash. The manager and scout needed to be researching potential realistic signings as soon as possible. We had all summer to make a couple of decent signings to bolster a very capable core from last season. And before anyone jumps down my throat regarding budgets and living beyond our means, I would hope we are looking at upcoming cheaper players rather than non league journeymen or non league superstars.

We've now in danger of losing any floating fans we picked up due to last seasons success. Let's just hope Den and the scout can find a few gems in the next couple of weeks. I firmly believe with a couple of decent additions this team can get back to winning ways. Good players don't suddenly become useless over night but the team as a whole is fastly descending into chaos with the combination of out of position players and poor tactics from the management.

As my old man used to tell me, only a fool makes the same mistake twice and this is exactly what's happened with our woeful start and lack of recruitment. Any possible momentum from last season has been lost and we're falling behind play off contenders. Hopefully the necessary changes will come soon and we can start to enjoy our football once again.

Odin

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 05:58:15 PM »
Wow, someone else saying what I have been saying for weeks, just like the beginning of last season. Nuff said.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »

This all stems from being inactive in recruiting players during the summer where excuses are being trotted out about being outbid for players we approached. It's not as if we had a massive shopping list either so to blame other clubs for out spending us doesn't wash. The manager and scout needed to be researching potential realistic signings as soon as possible. We had all summer to make a couple of decent signings to bolster a very capable core from last season.

As my old man used to tell me, only a fool makes the same mistake twice and this is exactly what's happened with our woeful start and lack of recruitment.

So Den's 6 week holiday in Benidorm wasn't for recruiting new players then?.........

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 07:20:20 PM »

As my old man used to tell me, only a fool makes the same mistake twice and this is exactly what's happened with our woeful start and lack of recruitment.
So it seems that most BUFC fans are fools then, as they understood the relative lack of movement. If only hindsight was tangible...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2015, 09:33:30 PM »
Captain clean great first post, couldn't agree more to be honest