Author Topic: Nicky Walker?  (Read 14495 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nicky Walker?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2015, 10:11:40 PM »
Greene remains manager so no good suggesting anyone who could do a better job.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2015, 10:17:36 PM »
Greene remains manager so no good suggesting anyone who could do a better job.

Don,t think a change is imminent Shauney ,  as seen from this thread those who would like him go cannot name anyone better that is available .

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »
Who knows what will happen, Paul cox is available,local and has a good record but end of the day it's irrelevant as we still have a manager.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 10:36:18 PM »
 The Quadrant will be weighing on the owners.. I think they would even take a demotion until /or if / the New place is built ..and a steadier income stream starts up .
          Which makes the manager pretty safe..though a  2nd loss to Gboro , in the Cup ,when not cracking it leaguewise would stick in the mush .

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »
created a ball playing southern style team in a hard physical northern division
This kind of comment is getting boring now. It worked last season...
with apologies for being boring and so last year, but i was looking at this year's table, and can't help but notice it doesn't seem to be working this year, hence my post...living in the past won't put us back in the league...last year is gone, however successful it was. This year is not so successful, is it?
as previous post, I've no idea who, but my opinion remains the current manager isn't doing the business, and continuing with the blind belief of making the play-offs, to me is very unrealistic.

When are you going to suggest who would do a better job than Greene ?
tax free sarcasm and irony included

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2015, 10:44:57 PM »
 One may look for a manager who has Conference Natnl or above experience .
        I don't think Boston have had one for many years .. and the owners seemingly won't be funding one .

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 11:24:46 AM »
Not sure what happened to Neil Redfearn after he left Leeds or whether we could afford him, but that is the sort of manager we could do with. Northern based, hard as nails, with very good all round contacts. GHM always says who would you put in, instead of the existiong one--well we dont know who is available, but we sure as well know that the existing one, in my view is not the right one for the club.

Best of luck to Jamie by the way-- I dont blame him after having to watch inferior loan players on Saturday--hardly a motivating tactic is it. Perhaps the manager ought to read Fergie's new book on management, but it would probably be lost on him

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
Who knows what will happen, Paul cox is available,local and has a good record but end of the day it's irrelevant as we still have a manager.

I think if we required the services of Paul Cox by the time we met his car requirements there would be little money left for the playing budget and Paul appears to demand a big playing budget .

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2015, 12:50:28 PM »
Not sure what happened to Neil Redfearn after he left Leeds or whether we could afford him, but that is the sort of manager we could do with. Northern based, hard as nails, with very good all round contacts. GHM always says who would you put in, instead of the existiong one--well we dont know who is available, but we sure as well know that the existing one, in my view is not the right one for the club.

Replace a manager who got us 3rd last season with a guy whose time as a first team manager earnt him the nickname "Relegation Redfearn"?! No ta.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:05 PM »

Best of luck to Jamie by the way-- I dont blame him after having to watch inferior loan players on Saturday--hardly a motivating tactic is it. Perhaps the manager ought to read Fergie's new book on management, but it would probably be lost on him

Neil is one of my all time favourite BUFC players .   Can we afford him dt woodhall asks ,  posters judge for themselves from the following figures .

Neils managerial record at lower level football is thus ,

GAMES           WON       DRAWN      LOST        POINTS
     58                 11             13             34            46

Greene has won that amount of points in the last 26 matches which includes his worst run at the club .

Another name to be elimiated from the list .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 01:10:56 PM »
created a ball playing southern style team in a hard physical northern division
This kind of comment is getting boring now. It worked last season...
with apologies for being boring and so last year, but i was looking at this year's table, and can't help but notice it doesn't seem to be working this year, hence my post...living in the past won't put us back in the league...last year is gone, however successful it was. This year is not so successful, is it?
as previous post, I've no idea who, but my opinion remains the current manager isn't doing the business, and continuing with the blind belief of making the play-offs, to me is very unrealistic.

When are you going to suggest who would do a better job than Greene ?

Please rectify errors and repost ,   cannot understand cocked up lay out !!!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2015, 02:18:45 PM »
Manager was fortunate last year to have an excellent goalkeeper -I accept on loan- and a proper left back which gave confidence to the rest of the team. Neither has been replaced this year and that is the problem and my point.

I would rather have Redfearn than the existing manager any day of the week.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 04:22:49 PM »
Manager was fortunate last year to have an excellent goalkeeper -I accept on loan- and a proper left back which gave confidence to the rest of the team. Neither has been replaced this year and that is the problem and my point.

Looking at Neils  CV I cannot see any campionships listed or top 6 placing in the Northern Con .
Nor do I see anything to match Greene record on signings ie a striker who won NC player of the year , another striker who was selected for team of the year .  add to this a defender who has been included in the NC team OY for last 2 seasons .
Add to this 2 players called up for England C ,  Felix Is one of only two NC players included in  last list .

Not forgetting loanees he, s brought in who have benched for PL team .

I almost beginning to believe dt ,  maybe Greene is a genius   8)

Captain Clean

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
Looking back at recent managerial appointments I don't think many fans predicted the appointments of the various managerial line ups we've had.  I mean who actually put forward the names of Tommy Taylor , Scott & Hurst, Jason Lee & Canners, Drury and even the present manager, very few I would imagine. There's always alternative managers out there, but not all of them are at the forefront of fans minds.

Personally I can't see Dennis being removed from his post this season. Regardless of results there's more pressing issues for the chairman regarding the Quadrant development and securing the long term future of the club. DN has given his full support to Dennis recently in a BBC Lincs interview and I'm sure he'll be hoping for a miraculous turnaround similar to last seasons.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 09:27:07 PM »

So you're basically saying we finished 3rd because of 2 players? Joke.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/