Author Topic: Nicky Walker?  (Read 14501 times)

joebloom9

• View Profile
Nicky Walker?
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »
Anybody else think Nicky Walker deserves a start? Yes he's only played not even a half of football but when he came on at Corby he was the real impact in my opinion, but maybe Dennis wants to keep the squad settled against Fylde because of their clear quality? :dan
Win, Lose or Draw always United.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nicky Walker?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:40:57 PM »
Depends how match fit he actually it

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »
Easy answer after yesterday...no. however, out of position and looked every bit lost, so maybe I'm a bit unfair, but he was deemed not good enough last year and was replaced by Sheridan, so what's changed? Sheridan clearly not good enough either as no longer  here... too many average lightweight mildfielders for me. McGhee would have been a better choice up top as a supporting forward. He's played it before, so why not yesterday?
tax free sarcasm and irony included

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »
Easy answer after yesterday...no. however, out of position and looked every bit lost, so maybe I'm a bit unfair, but he was deemed not good enough last year and was replaced by Sheridan, so what's changed? Sheridan clearly not good enough either as no longer  here... too many average lightweight mildfielders for me. McGhee would have been a better choice up top as a supporting forward. He's played it before, so why not yesterday?

Mcghee  has had chances in different rolls over the last couple of seasons and not been able to establise a place in the side , also often seems to be injured .    Like some other mid-fielders should be shipped out to free up money to get a better quality replacement .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »
strange really as everyone around thought he was one of the better players on pitch, and by the looks of a lot of faces around the stands when he was subbed a lot more thought the same.

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 07:09:31 PM »
Yes we thought Nicky Walker being subbed was strange one, He got stuck in and had ago.

Odin

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 07:33:44 PM »
Same as this time last year. Unexpected and very surprising changes. I believe my phrase at that time was 'DG tried hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of a possible victory'. I bet Jones, if fit, will be in next week. Nothing learned there then.

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 09:06:27 PM »
strange really as everyone around thought he was one of the better players on pitch, and by the looks of a lot of faces around the stands when he was subbed a lot more thought the same.
no-one near me thought that. Couldn't see any worthy performances anywhere in amber, certainly not that one

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 09:24:45 PM »
I thought he looked better than most on Saturday considering as is the usual practice from Mr Genius to play several players out of position. You must also take into account the rediculous situation of appearing to have to play the loan players eg Notts county duo, nice lads with potential, but not up to the physical challenge of this league. Why oh why is one of the best right sided players in the team having to play left back. --Now I remember we have only wanted one since the end of last season. You could not make it up if you tried

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »
Agree with all the latter comments, the chosen one has created a ball playing southern style team in a hard physical northern division.  Which unfortunately seems to have run out of momentum over the summer.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 04:05:43 PM »

Mcghee  has had chances in different rolls over the last couple of seasons and not been able to establise a place in the side , also often seems to be injured .    Like some other mid-fielders should be shipped out to free up money to get a better quality replacement .

Good luck to Jamie , parting should be good for both parties ,
 best to seek a new team maybe at a lower level .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
created a ball playing southern style team in a hard physical northern division
This kind of comment is getting boring now. It worked last season...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 05:05:24 PM »
 You're a ' hard physical Northern league ' denier !  :angel:

West Keal Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2015, 09:53:26 PM »
with apologies for being boring and so last year, but i was looking at this year's table, and can't help but notice it doesn't seem to be working this year, hence my post...living in the past won't put us back in the league...last year is gone, however successful it was. This year is not so successful, is it?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2015, 09:57:46 PM »
with apologies for being boring and so last year, but i was looking at this year's table, and can't help but notice it doesn't seem to be working this year, hence my post...living in the past won't put us back in the league...last year is gone, however successful it was. This year is not so successful, is it?

When are you going to suggest who would do a better job than Greene ?