Author Topic: BBC tinpot radio!  (Read 3497 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
BBC tinpot radio!
« on: September 17, 2015, 01:58:51 PM »
Unbelievable that can't do a full match on the radio without technical problems! Missed two goals due to this! Well done to Rob and Lewis for giving good coverage just shame it wasn't for 90 minutes.Amazing the BBC can broadcast from Syria but not Corby! I guess we will be on crappy MW for the FA cup!Time for Hortin was put on there!

rob_bbc

• View Profile
Re: BBC tinpot radio!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the commentary last night!

Unfortunately the technical problems we had were caused because Corby had told us they have an ISDN line (which we use at a lot of grounds to connect) however it was only at half 7 that someone from the club revealed that they hadn't actually had one put in- therefore making the kit we had brought with us to use- useless.

Luckily we managed to broadcast the game using my Iphone but that was reliant on their Wifi signal which did drop out at the start of the second half.

Believe me it was just as frustrating for myself and Lewis as it was for you but at least we re connected in time to bring you Garner's winner!

Cheers
Rob

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 04:12:15 PM »
Thanks Rob! Any chance the Cup game being on FM? About time you and your unbiased commentary took the premium spot on BBC Lincs! We've had enough of Mr Hortin and his City.Us and Gainsborough deserve FM coverage for once!!!Bring back Scott for this one and that female he presents with in the morning!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »
Radio Hereford & Worcester do both Kidderminster and Worcester live commentary on a regular basis , twice a week if there are mid-week matches .  Do H&W get better funding ?
Thanks to our MP Matt Warman lost Wi-Fi will soon become a thing of the past , Matt  is  working on the case this week  in parliament this week .

Got to agree with KON ,  very good commentary ,

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:41:28 AM »
Thanks to our MP Matt Warman lost Wi-Fi will soon become a thing of the past , Matt  is  working on the case this week  in parliament this week .

Does Warman cover as far out as Corby?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »

Yes Matt is in the forefront in the campaign fighting to improve national and LOCAL broardband .
We now have an MP who fights on issues rather than toe the party line .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2015, 01:58:10 PM »

Matt Warman  will lead a Commons debate on Monday calling for a "not spot summit" to debate the variations in the  roll-out of broardband & mobile internet across the UK.