Author Topic: Corby Town (A)- including an appeal  (Read 12144 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Corby Town (A)- including an appeal
« on: September 14, 2015, 06:31:14 PM »
Corby away on a Wednesday night when we're in the midst of our worst run in 2 or 3 years isn't exactly a thrilling prospect but I should be able to get there after work.
No train info for this one as you can't get back- actually you can only realistically expect to end up at Nottinghsm.

I do have an appeal if anyone is going from Leicester/Nottingham, if they have a couple of seats. I'd be very grateful, as Corby is a nightmare to reach by train from the Northern route, which I'd take. I'd hope to arrive into Leicester latest 5:45 and would need to get back by 10:20 latest

They've had a good start and we cannot put 90 minutes together without capitulating, so a win isn't really expected, but perhaps we can use this 10th game as a chance to finally get going and kickstart a run ahead of a grim FA Cup tie and a home game against Fylde.

I'd like to see Alexander in goal, as he's far less error-prone, but the whole signing policy has been a shambles this year. Absolutely pathetic given that in May we knew we'd only need 2 or 3 good additions
Felix seems destined to go out on loan when fit, and what happened to Stones at the back???

Hopefully we'll still send a good turnout

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Corby Town (A)- including an appeal
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:35:32 PM »

I'd like to see Alexander in goal, as he's far less error-prone, but the whole signing policy has been a shambles this year. Absolutely pathetic given that in May we knew we'd only need 2 or 3 good additions

If Dennis sticks to what he said in his after match interview he will keep Ravas in goal (which most supporters know is the wrong choice),  and it will have nothing to do with ability.  (Refer to the recall of Friend by Posh for clues).

We will do well to get a draw.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 09:07:11 PM »
Think we will smash them on Wednesday. Not worried about who's in goal. All the action will be at the other end. All this talk about getting a new manager etc - what a load of tosh. Keep the faith. This is Boston not Chelsea FFS. Corby - won one in the last seven for the record.

TEP

Odin

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 09:29:46 PM »
It is very easy to blame the players for crap results and performances but at the end of the day the manager brings the players in, he selects who plays and when. If a player is asked to step out onto the pitch then as a footballer with a desire to play he will not look a gift horse in the mouth. is it his fault if he is asked to play at a level he is not up to. The manager should be able to see from performances if a player is up to the mark. On Saturday there was one player who made very little contribution in his position but was kept on the pitch. Its no good the manager saying there was no point in making changes to the team because the way Boston was playing it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome. If we  knew that was in his thoughts near the end we could all have gone home and had an early tea.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:17:30 PM »
He seems to watch a different game to me. Wonder if his twin brother has been managing this season? From what I have seen we would never know. This all stems from before the season started with the shambles of a recruitment policy and has not yet been rectified. Its all right saying keep the faith, but quite frankly with this management I for one am fast running out of patience. Corby, Fylde and Tinpot--- squeaky bum time Mr Genius --still confident we will be in the play offs at the end of the season? Given up on being Champions then after just 9 games?

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 07:02:29 PM »
He seems to watch a different game to me. Wonder if his twin brother has been managing this season? From what I have seen we would never know. This all stems from before the season started with the shambles of a recruitment policy and has not yet been rectified. Its all right saying keep the faith, but quite frankly with this management I for one am fast running out of patience. Corby, Fylde and Tinpot--- squeaky bum time Mr Genius --still confident we will be in the play offs at the end of the season? Given up on being Champions then after just 9 games?

With this management ?  The same manager that got us on a fantastic run to reach the play offs last season ??  :bunny :bunny The mind boggles as to how fickle fans can be in such a short space of time.  And before anyone jumps on this opinion, i am of the same opinion of that results currently are not good enough but if we win the next three would you all still be moaning the same ?  We had this last season, with some certain fans who had to eat humble pie !
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:04:20 PM by leftbackinthedressingroom »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 07:24:09 AM »
Realistically, Champions was never one the cards and anyone who thought that is too deluded to be considered a valuable opinion on whether the manager is good or not.

Getting a good start is as much about luck as it is preparation.  It's all about getting the team over the line come May. 
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 09:33:34 AM »
I don't know about it never being on the cards, and the 'deluded' bit.

The way we finished last season, I thought two solid, experienced 'big' signings (I know 'big' is difficult to pin down at this level - but I would define them as older, experienced players with a league background) and we would have a squad capable of challenging for the title.

But they didn't arrive and instead we went down a different path.

There's no denying we had a poor summer transfer wise, which is frustrating as now we're left playing catch-up yet again. I think it was a missed opportunity, what with the budget increase and the Newsham cash freed up.

In that sense, the title was gone before we even kicked a ball, yes. But I think the chance was there over the summer to upgrade the team and, for whatever reason, we didn't put the legwork in and missed out.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »
Wednesday pm - Corby have signed 2 x Leicester U21 s on loan .
 One looks big . .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
Wednesday pm - Corby have signed 2 x Leicester U21 s on loan .
 One looks big . .

No good being big unless he,s a northener :D

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »
Massive 3 points!

Thought we'd blown it again when Corby equalised.

Sounds like Ravas cost us another goal.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 09:42:43 PM »
As its now 10 games gone I think the league table can be taken seriously.  Shame.

Ravas cannot continue though, Alexander must start Saturday we are having to work far harder than we should to pick up points.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 10:01:24 PM »
Agree on keeper needs to be gone rubbish again tonight

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 10:16:28 PM »
If  Alexander does not start on Saturday,  I will start to think that another club is helping Dennis pick the team and that is unacceptable.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »
If  Alexander does not start on Saturday,  I will start to think that another club is helping Dennis pick the team and that is unacceptable.

What if he is injured as so many are suggesting ? Personally, i think we need to look elsewhere for a totally new keeper one with more mileage on the clock.