Author Topic: Chorley  (Read 10378 times)

steve m

• View Profile
Chorley
« on: September 12, 2015, 05:28:29 PM »
Second half was the worst I've seen for a long time......

At the end of last season had high hopes for a big season this time around, but it's been woeful.

Am having trouble following the Managers logic (if he has any)....losing 1-2 and he takes an attacking player off and replaces him with a defensive midfielder....

Why bring Walker back if he isn't going to play him?

Huge disappointment......

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 06:03:51 PM »
Told Dennis was not too happy with my post about last weeks game. I was hoping at half time I would be able to be more positive this week but the second half we were just as dire as last week I again ask the question what the hell is happening? Every team we play this season just muscle us off the ball and we struggle then to make a decent pass. What do they do in training because certainly in the game they do not seem to have a game plan? It was interesting to hear the manager in the post match Radio Lincs interview say that some of the new lads have only played academy football and are not used to playing at this level, well why did we not strengthen in pre season with a couple of experience players as other clubs have done instead of now piling in a load of youngsters. When asked if we can turn it round he said if we play as we did in the first half yes but if we play as we did in the second half then no. I sincerely hope we can but I am pessimistic. Having said all that I will be there next week but as I said last week I am not wasting my money on away games until there is a vast improvement. 

Odin

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 06:14:23 PM »
Oh Dear
But isn't that what happened this time last year. He made similar daft decisions then. Green, the player, was very good in the first half but in the second half he ran out of puff like his Uncle who ran out of ideas. The manager said on the radio he can't understand how the team can play the first half hour with confidence and the last half hour without any. How's this for a reason, they were doing well until changes were made. Wrong players were taken off. If anyone can come on here and say Jones deserved to be on the pitch they must have been to a different game with a different Jones. In90% of his challenges for the ball he never got a touch and the few he did get his head to went in any direction and yet Green kept him on the pitch. The players were clearly disheartened and shouting and nagging at Pidge, the best player we have, was uncalled for and clearly a means of passing the buck by Green.
As for height issue in the team that someone raised last week then that issue was shown to everyone today. Having said that Jones isn't short and he still can't win the ball in the air. Very poor today. As I said earlier, a defence centred team. Southwell getting no service. I wonder how long it will be before Pidge and Southwell move on. If this is going to be a repeat of last season then roll on Christmas. Was going to Corby but not now.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »
Well that radio interview was interesting,
I thought Richards played really well and looks a good signing seemed to fit in really well nice and strong, won everything and never gave ball away cheaply, impressed also with Greene on the wing,
We created loads of chances first half but as always no pace up front Jones trying hard but not getting nowhere the ball and winning no headers or holding the ball for Dayle to run off both front 2 looked poor all game and afraid there is no competition for these places,
Start of second half we should be out of sight, Chorley defenders seemed hell bent on giving us opportunities in their half but with no pace we couldn't finish them off.
Then when Chorley scored Greene vacated his role on the wing to tuck in at left midfield, Rollings in the right position allowing Chorley to attack at will, now clinging on no attacking seeing the game out I suppose?? Getting deeper and deeper the Inevitable 2nd goal came gifted by another error from our keeper, why does Dennis keep changing goalkeepers??.
Panic stations from the bench send on Dowie crap and lazy last season looks even worse this time round taking off a attacking midfielder for this really beggars belief, the other lad on right (don't know name) can only get better but at least he made Dowie look good.
Chorley know seeing the game out Greene style made far to easy by a disjointed line up bereth of any idea.
Things can only get better....... I hope.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »
This really was a 'game of two halves'. We were be far better side first half Greene on wing looked very good.

Second half we didnt offer the same threat. Gave away 2 soft goals. Ravas could have done better with second.

Neither full back managed to get forward today which was something we missed going forward.

Still no left back in the side is an issue. Without a striker on bench we don't have a plan b when we need a goal.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »
4th game running, we concede a goal (normally soft) and it takes all stuffing out of us, we stop doing the basics and never look like responding.
As with Tamworth, the game was in the palm of our hands and we give it away, and then never even create a chance when 2-1 down.
Bitterly disappointing

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »
For me it was another game where we were clearly the better side, yet were undone by lack of concentration and the other teams ability to grind out the result when we floundered.

Chorley had 1 approach, down the channel, back to the full back, whip it in to their 9 who won nothing.   We had that under control 1st half, second half we stopped getting to the crossing player.

We know Marrs is small for a full back, I don't blame him for being beaten to the ball on the crosses, we should have closed down the player to put him under pressure so the cross wasn't good enough, like we had been doing so well.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 05:35:03 PM »
They soon sussed out that we only had an inexperienced kid at right back, so they kept getting the ball to their number 11 as often as they could, oh for another John Lakin!!!

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 06:55:53 PM »
I agree with Oxo 100%. What is going on? We all knew in close season we needed a goalkeeper, left back, strong midfielder and another centre forward. Other sides have strengthed, we did nothing. Alll we do is get in young academy players with no doubt some agreement with their parent clubs to give them play time. I dont know how many times I have said this, but this league is a northern physical league and we still largely look like Midget Utd.

The fans can see what is required--why bring in 4 new players this week without a left back in them. Absolutely stupid. Liam Marrs is an excellent right back, but not a left back. We play a very inexperienced right back and force yet another player to be out of position. Its also about the third time this year that this keeper has cost us an important goal. Key positions to the team.

I have never been sure about this manager. I dont think he is the right choice. Crowds will drift as well. Something needs to change quickly. I know what Mr Newton should do and a lot of fans near where I stand agree. He is a great chairman and I hope he makes the necessary changes.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »
Couldn't agree more woodhall. Spot on with your assement, change is needed for us to progress.

Bannovallum Bill

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 09:09:27 PM »
Alll we do is get in young academy players with no doubt some agreement with their parent clubs to give them play time. I dont know how many times I have said this, but this league is a northern physical league and we still largely look like Midget Utd.
I have to agree that BUFC are becoming a development team of its own. I hope that the primary purpose is not just to be a try out club for borderline and youth players from professional clubs and that the league position is of secondary importance.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 09:58:59 PM »
Agree DT! Still waiting for a statement from the Chairman?

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 11:18:05 PM »
Surely we're not expecting the vote of confidence just yet?

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 04:38:33 AM »
Only 2 weeks off the Cup starting for us. Lets at least wait to see if we have a dream run or early banana skin nightmare before the question is asked.

Odin

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 07:19:40 AM »
It's a shame the cup starts so early. If it started after Christmas I think we would have a better chance of getting past the 1st game.