Author Topic: New Signings Galore  (Read 8055 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
New Signings Galore
« on: September 11, 2015, 09:05:39 PM »
Just like the Evans days !

Steviemas

• View Profile
Re: New Signings Galore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »
Why have we signed another right right back, Liam Marrs has been outstanding, is Jordan Richards a utility player?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:05:19 PM »
Aaron Greene - left back/winger
Jordan Richards - right back/centre midfield
Nana Owiredu Lartey Sarpong (yes that's his full name!) - attacking midfielder
Nicky Walker - right/left wing

With Felix and McGhee not (match) fit, and Rollins still looking to impress, I'm guessing Walker will go right wing, and Green the left. Marrs to continue at left back, Richards at right-back. Sarpong as an option off the bench? Can't see Dion being dropped.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 10:23:25 PM »
Aaron Greene - left back/winger
Jordan Richards - right back/centre midfield
Nana Owiredu Lartey Sarpong (yes that's his full name!) - attacking midfielder
Nicky Walker - right/left wing

With Felix and McGhee not (match) fit, and Rollins still looking to impress, I'm guessing Walker will go right wing, and Green the left. Marrs to continue at left back, Richards at right-back. Sarpong as an option off the bench? Can't see Dion being dropped.

Thought we had another signing in Dion, then realized the x must have dropped off your keyboard P86.  :D
United we stand..................

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
line up?
                                                        Alexander

Richards              Mills                      Pierrgianni                  Marrs

Rollins                 Garner                  Dixon                      Walker/Greene

Southwell             Jones

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 11:13:35 PM »
Personally I think A Greene should/will play left back it is his position at Brentford and with provide the overlap like Rene did. A natural left footer is what we have missed. Marrs right back instead of Richards for me.

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »
 Yep, good call carl, we do miss Rene big time if you ask me, seriously too overbalanced towards the right wing following the games i've seen, looks like Den has noticed this too, hopefully these signings will compensate for it. 

Odin

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »
Defence, defence, defence. We are a team of defenders. Wouldn't it be nice to hear of an extra forward being brought in to worry the opposition into thinking we want to score goals against them. Southwell is formidable but not on his own. I know I am at risk of being got at by Jonahs relatives who post on here but of all the fellers, and ladies, who sit near me the majority think we could do better. Wasn't his main task to provide service to Southwell. Not much of that happening.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »
I'm not related to Jones but think he will get better - just needs a bit of luck and confidence. He proved last season he can do it. Doesn't help with incidents like at the end of the game last week when a couple of Boston fans were five yards from him calling him an effing useless CU Next Tuesday as he was walking off the pitch.

TEP

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 09:33:08 AM »
Defence, defence, defence. We are a team of defenders. Wouldn't it be nice to hear of an extra forward being brought in to worry the opposition into thinking we want to score goals against them. Southwell is formidable but not on his own. I know I am at risk of being got at by Jonahs relatives who post on here but of all the fellers, and ladies, who sit near me the majority think we could do better. Wasn't his main task to provide service to Southwell. Not much of that happening.

Leaking goals, and softs ones at that have been our issues.  I think shoring up at the back was the right thing to try.  At least in Walker you know you will get sporadic end product,  I got the impression he wasn't fit towards the back end of the season when his form dipped.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 10:20:31 AM »
Wouldn't it be nice to hear of an extra forward being brought in to worry the opposition into thinking we want to score goals against them.

Well we've signed a goalscoring midfielder and goalscoring/goalproviding winger this week... unless you're choosing to ignore them, as they don't fit your negative viewpoint?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 10:47:44 AM »
With the players the team has missing at the moment its good management surely, to bring in others to at least cover. When everyone is fit though there will be a lot of casualties?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:18 PM »
I was intrigued to read Jordan Richards' interview in the Standard, in which he says his dad was "over the moon" about Jordan following in his footsteps by moving to Boston. I'd thought I'd read somewhere that Pedro Richards had died, and Pedro's death from pneumonia in 2001 is also detailed on his Wikipedia page. Something therefore doesn't quite add up in terms of how this story has been reported in the Standard.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/richards-happy-to-follow-on-from-dad-1-6983366

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Richards

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 05:25:18 PM »
Wasnt Pedro Richards playing for Evans'  Crawley / v Man U  etc some years ago ?
  Or were there 2 ??

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 09:16:41 PM »
I was intrigued to read Jordan Richards' interview in the Standard, in which he says his dad was "over the moon" about Jordan following in his footsteps by moving to Boston. I'd thought I'd read somewhere that Pedro Richards had died, and Pedro's death from pneumonia in 2001 is also detailed on his Wikipedia page. Something therefore doesn't quite add up in terms of how this story has been reported in the Standard.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/boston-united/richards-happy-to-follow-on-from-dad-1-6983366

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedro_Richards

Very strange as Pedro Richards the ex Notts County and Boston defender definitely passed away in 2001. I can't see how the Standard's report can be correct.