Author Topic: Hednesford Town (A) 5/9/15 with train info  (Read 12997 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hednesford Town (A) 5/9/15 with train info
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 05:39:14 PM »
Another gut wrenching stoppage time defeat, but Hednesford deserved it. We were absolutely hopeless for large spells of the game, clinging on. We could quite easily have shipped four in the first half.

Second half was slightly better but we still only sparked into life sporadically. Our first was a brilliant goal, but it was just as startling for the fact it came out of nothing than for its quality. The second was a great hit by Pidge, but then we didn't really press on. I'd have taken a point at that point.

The ridiculous thing is that we actually, and I'm not sure how, could have won the thing with that counter attack right at the end, but that broke down after a poor attempt at a through ball, they broke on us and it was game over.

We look so feeble defensively, even with Pidge piledriving into people, but he can't do it all on his own, the unit simply isn't up to the task at the moment.

The second horror show I've seen there now. I don't like Hednesford fans either. Don't think I'll bother going there again.

Odin

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 06:49:36 PM »
I don't think the results are inspiring people to part with hard earned money at the moment. I heard DG say they were bad in the first half so at half time he changed things which helped slightly. I just wonder if the formation is not working why those changes could not be initiated from the touch line during the game rather than wait until we are stuffed.
Anyway it was all the players fault if you listen to his interview.
So far this season, Won 3. Drawn 1. Lost 4
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 06:53:36 PM by Odin »

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2015, 07:35:21 PM »
Anyway it was all the players fault if you listen to his interview.

I believe there's a saying which goes "A bad workman always blames his tools"?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »
You say last minute gut wrenching defeat Pete, quite honestly it was a totally gut wrenching performance from a team that has lost all its cohesion from last season. I really do fear the manager has lost the dressing room (notice that even when we score nobody runs to celebrate with the manager as in previous seasons) or am I missing something?  Hednesford could have been 4 or 5 up at halftime had it not been for the work of Liam Marrs who along with Rollins were our two best performers. Speaking of Rollins who always looked dangerous and brilliantly laid the first goal on a plate for Jones can anybody explain why after Pidge scored to bring us level he was replaced on the wing and brought inside for the rest of the game during which we didn't   have another worthwhile attack. We had perhaps the tallest keeper in the league stood like a spectator as a long throw dropped to the scorers feet and winner at the final whistle was such a tame effort but he never attempted a save when frankly he had only to bend down and pick it up (Pidge went mental with him). I know this a scathing attack on the team I love but many of us travel the country supporting them and deserve better be it the fault of the team or the management and I will certainly not be travelling away until things are sorted out one way or another.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2015, 08:13:42 PM »
Did Zak Mills and Stones play today ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2015, 09:09:54 PM »
 I believe Mills came On for Stone ..

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2015, 08:20:54 AM »
As with many of our away games, we appear to lack any game plan. It almost seems like we wait for the opposition to take the initiative, score and then we start to put some effort in.

What I will say is that if you are going to play with two wingers like we did yesterday, then you have to make sure you utilise them at every opportunity - otherwise you are just carrying players and end up light and overrun in midfield. Personally, when we go away from home at the moment, I would like to see us pack the midfield, play Southwell just behind Jones and try and grind out a result - at least until we start to find our feet again.

Thought both teams were really poor yesterday. Hednesford just about deserved it though. Although Rollins gets some praise in this thread, I generally think he has been poor this season. Probably lacking confidence but I would say his 'end product' rate is less than 10%. Similar to how Felix was when he first came into the team. Hopefully things can only get better for him.

Other items on my wish list at the moment:

Some 'left footedness' in the team give us more balance.
Decision on our number one keeper (should give that person some confidence and maybe make them more vocal, commanding etc)
A creative midfielder (ours seem to be out and out wingers or ball winners).

That's all.

Will probably make the trip to Corby but won't be rushing to any far away matches for a while based on what was served up yesterday.

TEP
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:23:43 AM by Tipps End Pilgrim »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 11:12:25 AM »
I'm similar about Rollins, he hasn't yet proved himself yet.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2015, 01:09:37 PM »
He's had good spells - after coming on at Stockport, he was excellent. Remember he was playing at Boston Town's level last season, so it's a big step up - full backs aren't going to be as easy to 'skin' for him this year.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »
Thought he did ok yesterday, had a good second half and set up Jones goal well after skinning the left back, needs do that more consistently though as the ball he gave away at the end when we were breaking away led to their goal, agree we look a little out of balance, everything seems to go to the right, could do with a decent left winger but there hard to find.
        Was disappointing yesterday, first half was awful, could have been 4 or 5 down, bit better second half, but seem to lack that creative edge, not giving up yet and the boy and I will still be travelling away come what may.
                                                                                  UTP

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 05:51:15 PM »
He did give the ball away in the middle of the field but as I said in an earlier post why was he moved in there from the wing after "skinning" the fullback to put it on a plate for Jones? Strange decision by the manager.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 09:10:34 PM »
Must also mention some pretty vitriolic language hurled directly to our players at close quarters after the final whistle yesterday. In my opinion it was way over the top. Had some similar scenes but aimed at Jamie Yates last week.

No one was more disappointed than me at 4.55pm yesterday but there was no need for this. At that moment I was ashamed to be associated with these 'fans'. Makes us look really bad. The players looked genuinely shocked. No one or two players were to blame for yesterday - the whole team / management were guilty.

TEP

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »
Careful-- you cannot criticise Mr Genius on here, or is it just me that cant criticise him

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2015, 07:13:10 PM »
Careful-- you cannot criticise Mr Genius on here, or is it just me that cant criticise him
Mr Genius is obviously a sarcastic name you have come up with and I cant recall you saying positive about him.
he sometimes does decisions I don't get but on the whole usually he gets its right...cut him some slack :)
What exactly has he done so wrong to earn your vitriol?
If he was right 100% of the time my guess is he might be a Prem manager.
on that note...are Chelsea calling for The Special One to be sacked?
champions last year and now languishing in 15th place ............
who would be a football team manager ??? :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2015, 08:30:15 PM »

It appears after Saturdays match most on here are criticising the manager with no complains from other posters .  I would guess that this may be due to the fact that these posters ( oxo etc etc )  will in the future as in the past do posts that praise the players/ manager when warranted .  These posters have earned the  respect of forum users .

As howmanynames2pick suggests you only objective is to come on and slag the manager and sarcasticly address him as Mr Genius .  Not the best way to win respect of the majority of forum users .