Author Topic: Good win today  (Read 8770 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good win today
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
Good performances today.
Couple of hiccups and slips but got away with it.
Sorry to see Zak Mills go off

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good win today
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »
Lads played well and put in a real shift, hoping mills will be fit for next weekend, hopefully else will need new centre back in this week? why such a poor attendance today?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:09:27 PM »
Lads played well and put in a real shift, hoping mills will be fit for next weekend, hopefully else will need new centre back in this week? why such a poor attendance today?

Holidays ,  either people on holiday or spent out after a holiday .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 08:12:35 PM »
Good to see Boston doing what other teams do ,   keeping the ball in corner of pitch and hanging on to lead .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 10:31:14 PM »
Good to get a win but I'm still far from convinced about the team at the moment. Think we've been fortunate to play 3 of the lesser sides in this league over the past week. Apart from the last 20 minutes today I thought our passing was poor - too many long, aimless balls. Also lacked width - which was strange considering we played with 2 'wingers'.

But anyway, good to win whilst not playing well. 2 tough games coming up

TEP

Ps. Not sure what's happening with the goalkeeper situation. Hope we aren't repeating the start of last season.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 01:34:51 AM »
Alexander had a dead leg.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 09:58:20 AM »
I think Greene after  yesterday will stick with Ravas who appears to have got over his Stockport blip .
Some outstanding saves yesterday and technicaly appears to be a better coached .

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »
perhaps the poor attendance is due to many things, Not everyone is based in the area like ourselves, my wife and I are based in West Yorkshire and travel by train, its not always possible to get cheap adavanced train tickets, so we come to Boston when we get these types of tickets.
Yesterday we came and arrived at the ground just as the match kicked off, due to trains being late etc

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 11:26:41 AM »
I think Greene after  yesterday will stick with Ravas who appears to have got over his Stockport blip .
Some outstanding saves yesterday and technicaly appears to be a better coached .

Personally, i am happy to see two young keepers now battling it out for that place. Both have impressed me in the last two games and i am sure its going to give Den a selection headache in a good way now. 

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
Should play both of them. Put alexander in centre of defence next week at 6 foot 7 he should be good in the air :D

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »

Nice to see a bit of impartial journalism from the Gloucester press ... everything they did was "great", "superb", "very well done", etc., but our players "hacked" at theirs, were "very lucky" and played "terrible back passes"!

Can someone please describe to me the whole host of chances that Gloucester had near the end? I thought we saw the game out professionally near the corner flag and prevented them from any meaningful attack, but apparently I'm wrong ...

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Tigers-tamed-lucky-Boston-United-strike/story-27661407-detail/story.html

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »
written by a fan

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 07:41:18 PM »
Their official Twitter and website reckons they were unlucky. Personally, they were lucky that they have such a good keeper!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 07:52:41 PM »
Me thinks they were lucky we only have on player up front who is likely to score a goal.

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2015, 08:39:09 PM »
Me thinks they were lucky we only have on player up front who is likely to score a goal.

You obviously missed his goal on tuesday