Author Topic: Curzon Ashton (H) 15/8/15  (Read 12144 times)

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Curzon Ashton (H) 15/8/15
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 12:51:27 PM »
David Silva, Iniesta to name but two that are not big in stature.

Granted, but both have to be on the top of their game to not disappear from it when faced with a larger opponent.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »
Makelele, Alan Ball, Keane, Stiles, Couquelin, Bremner, Gentile, Giles, Hunter, and the infamous Wille Woodburn, are just some that come to mind that are hardly, by size, giant midfield players, suggesting its not bigger players we need, but perhaps simply for more aggression and determination to be shown by those we have?
Anyone can kick an opponent, enter Mr Vinne Jones to see that, but I am a great believer that physicality is a mind set thing, a ot of the best players in the world, in the premiership and yes even in NL football are not strapping six footers

Good post totally concur, a lot is writing about needing massive players but if they are donkeys then they'll equally get found out.  Like most things in life you need a balance Garner of a.n. other and the more technical players working off him worked last year so why not now.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
BUFC prop up League after 200 mins of League football ..
  Ok 1-1 ..mid table awaits !
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:29:08 PM by father Ted »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 06:28:05 PM »
Well that was one of most ridiculous and pathetic games of football I have seen in years. First Curzon gave the ref no options with the sendings off so brought it on themselves and can have no qualms. How poor were we against 9 men in the second half although to be fair on their keeper he made some good saves. Liam Marrs at center half and was M O T M and deservedly so but bloody hell Dennis we look like a Sunday league outfit. Steer would have had half a dozen with all the ball our left back had still a position that needs sorting. Front two not firing and need some competition up there. I think we all know where we need strengthening and need back up so it is pointless trying to go through everything but we will be in serious trouble if we don't step things up soon.    UTP.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 06:40:21 PM »
Can't say I enjoyed it either Oxo :)
Three points in the bag ...that's about it really.
Dayle really does take a good pen.
Top scorer with 4 in three matches ( 3 pens!)
Sad to see Pidge sent off, a giant loss.
Surprised Garns escaped a booking.
Rollins "revenge" foul was a bit petulant.
Agree about Marrs, although he had some wayward passes at times.
Just not jelling yet, but I believe it will .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 10:38:52 PM »
Second half was poor, that there is no doubt as all we were doing was trying to run it to the corner flags before sticking balls across. At no point did i see us make runs central, taking on their weakened back line.  They had us sussed and defended well when they knew it was damage limitation for them.  Although,  some comments again are harsh on our team. I have seen countless top flight teams over the years struggle to break down opponents who have seen themselves down to nine !  Its not always as easy as it seems although we should have made more of the chances we had.

Yet again, the boo boys cannot help themselves.  What does please some at this club ?  The abuse at the end was disgusting and its these idiots that want outing, not the manager in my opinion !  Why would any player / manager want to come to this club when we have some chief clowns attending in the guise of proper fans !! 

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 10:48:47 PM »
Second half was poor, that there is no doubt as all we were doing was trying to run it to the corner flags before sticking balls across. At no point did i see us make runs central, taking on their weakened back line.  They had us sussed and defended well when they knew it was damage limitation for them.  Although,  some comments again are harsh on our team. I have seen countless top flight teams over the years struggle to break down opponents who have seen themselves down to nine !  Its not always as easy as it seems although we should have made more of the chances we had.

Yet again, the boo boys cannot help themselves.  What does please some at this club ?  The abuse at the end was disgusting and its these idiots that want outing, not the manager in my opinion !  Why would any player / manager want to come to this club when we have some chief clowns attending in the guise of proper fans !!
Excellent.,,,,unfortunately some of those your comments are aimed at probably can't read.

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 12:17:33 AM »

Boston (the town) has always had more than its fair share of bigmouthed fools who love to show off in front of their friends.

Huntie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2015, 10:58:00 AM »
Tbh we need strength upfront, midfield and defense. Front two look like they don't know where the goal is and midfield look like there still in pre season and the defense are just falling out with each other, no team work.
UTP

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2015, 12:53:28 PM »
Bit harsh about the front two Jones was going to score anyway and Southwell has 4. Admittedly 3 are pens but he still has to score. I think the keeper will be disappointed with the first goal

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 05:05:54 PM »
Tbh we need strength upfront, midfield and defense. Front two look like they don't know where the goal is
So do you think we should have binned the whole team in the summer, and started from scratch?

You're being very harsh on Southwell (4 in 3!) and Jones (has missed 1 sitter, was unlucky with one against Solihull and would've scored on Saturday before being clipped - the Curzon keeper also made a fantastic save from him).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 05:19:35 PM »
Sorry 86 but you could say similar things about other players in the squad, the problem is he hasn't scored and he is half of our strike force. I know its early days and This season I have only been able to get to friendlies but even in those he wasn't much to shout about. I hope he pulls his finger out and impresses but I just don't see it happening. If he proves me wrong I will be the first to apologise.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2015, 09:26:40 PM »
I see Curzon have picked up another red card tonight ! Can't help having a hot head of a manager.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2015, 11:17:08 PM »
Sorry 86 but you could say similar things about other players in the squad, the problem is he hasn't scored and he is half of our strike force. I know its early days and This season I have only been able to get to friendlies but even in those he wasn't much to shout about. I hope he pulls his finger out and impresses but I just don't see it happening. If he proves me wrong I will be the first to apologise.
Mark Jones will hit double figures this season. He seems to score goals in bunches, which will hopefully start again tomorrow night.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/