Author Topic: BIG Strong center midfielder needed and quick  (Read 4276 times)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
BIG Strong center midfielder needed and quick
« on: August 12, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »
I cannot believe that we have entered another season and still have the need for a Big Powerful dominant center midfielder.
But what do we do we keep signing small midfielders...just take a look at the size of our bench players from last night.
Green must know we need the big midfielder as he has played Garner there last season and he did a decent job when there.
So why cant we get this player in???
I can just imagine Roberts and Scholesy saying after the game that they were outnumbered but this is no answer to their lack of presence on the pitch as the game passed both of them by.
In my opinion we have hit on the correct formation 4-4-2 with two attack minded wingers however our play must be geared to getting it wide for our pacey wingers.
Green must have seen the problem himself as for the last 20 mins we played 3-5-2 to compensate the lack of bite in the center of the park but its not the answer.
We missed Mills as well but have stumbled on what looks a gem of a keeper far better than Ravas.

Go get the man needed if we are serious about challenging this season.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: BIG Strong center midfielder needed and quick
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 05:56:39 PM »
Personally Garner is that man for me. Hopefully Mills will be back Saturday so we can revert back to the way played end of last season. We have the young left back in now who will hopefully improve with games under his belt so all may not be as bad as believed.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 07:18:16 PM »
Garner in midfield and mills at centre half is certainly the answer for me, changed our season around last season and let's hope it can get this season up and running, how long is mills out for?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
Did,nt hear many complaints about the Roberts Garner Dixon midfield in our run-in last year , revert back to that and bring in a centre half and a right or left back .

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »
Garner in midfield and mills at centre half is certainly the answer for me, changed our season around last season and let's hope it can get this season up and running, how long is mills out for?

Looks like he is out for this weekend, but back after that from what i can gather. 

Huntie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 06:47:03 AM »
That's not what we need in my eyes. I think we need to get some younger more energetic players and the back Pidge and Garns are just way too slow. All other than that we have what we need just needs to be put together, ie we have the pacey skilled wingers, we have the proven goal scorers up front, a great new keeper, could say solid defenders but i wont my own words to that and some good mids but they look like they haven't played a game of football for all of pre-season. There's no direction, there's no movement and going forward, we can't hit the bloody target to save our life's, we could of had 3 or 4 against Solihull if we could actually hit the target and that's on a bad performance.
UTP

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 03:44:34 PM »
Did,nt hear many complaints about the Roberts Garner Dixon midfield in our run-in last year , revert back to that and bring in a centre half and a right or left back .

The genius of it is if he's signed two giant lads in midfield they'd all be moaning about the lack of creativity

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »

The genius of it is if he's signed two giant lads in midfield they'd all be moaning about the lack of creativity

What we have is fine, we just need cover at the back for Mills.  We don't have a pacey replacement which is what we struggled with on Tuesday.

Or we need a formation where the full backs can give us that cover.

Agree with regards the moaning about no creativity if we have a clogger in midfield come christmas.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.