Author Topic: Solihull Moors (H) 11/8/15  (Read 12765 times)

ceamboy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors (H) 11/8/15
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2015, 11:35:05 PM »
Well said oxo, agree with you, if it wasn't for the goalkeeper who saved Six certain goals , we would have lost 9---0, it took until the 70 th minute before Solihulls goalie had a shot on target to save from Jamie McGee,  all summer to get in players , left back ,strong tough tackling midfielder, and a decent goalie, must do better Dennis.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 11:39:58 PM »
Didn't seem to be anything wrong with team spirit. Too lightweight in midfield. If you have two out and out wingers on the pitch then you absolutely have to maximise their presence. We didn't and were left wanting in the middle of the park.

Short term fix is Garner in midfield.

TEP

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 11:42:09 PM »
Don't buy all this out muscled crap. It's about how much you want the ball they just wanted it more

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 08:02:46 AM »
Last night showed how much we miss Mills in defence and Garner in midfield. Thought the goaly looked decent and should stay in for Saturday. The lad at left back imo is no where near good enough he looked like a little boy lost last night, I know he only met the team last night but he should still be able to pass and tackle something he couldn't do last night. We need a good win on Saturday or the crowds will dwindle and Dennis's extra budget will be out of the window⚽️
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »
What as happened to the wonderful team spirit we are led to believe exists at BUFC? The defense looked totally peed off at what was in front of them in our midfield. I cannot believe that Roberts starts ahead of Mc Ghee he needs to be on his way and replaced by someone who will give 100% and be proud to wear the shirt.
It says it all when our keeper is clearly our M O T M in a 4 - 1 defeat. I take nothing away from Solihull who look a good bet this season but as on Saturday we looked like a team of midgets against giants. The only hope for the immediate future is to have Mills back and Garner shoved into mid field to give some cover for the back four. In the long term we need a left back ( not on a months loan ) and a ball playing mid fielder. Over 1100 Boston fans there and they deserve better.

First time I have seen them this season and I was going to comment exactly as oxo, you have saved me a job.  So if most of the crowd can see it why can't DG?  Mc Ghee should play from the start.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
Agree that McGhee again seemed to make the difference....how different would the game have been had their defender got a card for giving away the penalty.....arguably a straight red, most definitely a second yellow.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 09:33:47 AM »
Didn't seem to be anything wrong with team spirit. Too lightweight in midfield. If you have two out and out wingers on the pitch then you absolutely have to maximise their presence. We didn't and were left wanting in the middle of the park.

Short term fix is Garner in midfield.

TEP

Their number 10 ruled the roost last night, with Garner breathing down his neck and ankles he would have found it a different game.  At a decent level size does matter.  Players can only 'want it' for so long before they wear out trying to move big lumps off their feet.

They were a decent side last night, fancied by some at the start of the season and I can see why as they were big, mobile and athletic. That seems to be the winning formula when you're trying to get out of the division.  They've spent their Bogle money wisely and must be getting some healthy sums from Birmingham City using the ground.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »
Missed the second half of last season because of illness, and was really looking forward to this game--what a disappointment.

Oxo and ceamboy have it spot on. We have a southern type manager, when will he learn that you need physicality in this northern based league. We looked like Midget Utd again- we only improved last year when Garner went into midfield. Its been clear since the end of last year we needed a permanent goalkeeper, left back and two strong midfielders. What has happened--nothing!!

I have to say that the keeper last night was outstanding-what he must have thought with that lot playing in front of him--but will he be playing saturday? Who does he play for anyway?. Have not seen the peterboro lad, but alexander must be worth taking on.

Where to now-- must change things quickly, hearing Mr Genius on the radio on the way home makes me think he was watching a different game to the one I saw.

Its frustrating when most of the team from last year played last night, but we are just missing those 3 or 4 extra players that we should have been getting in in the close season. Another missed opportunity that will cost us big time yet again.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 11:10:05 AM »
If the keeper has any sense he'll clear off to somewhere that has an actual defence

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 11:32:41 AM »
listened to Dennis last night and just wonder if he was watching the same game as I was. We were cut open time and time again and should have been 3 down at half time.
We missed some chances second half and I have to agree with one thing dennis said that if Solihulls number 5 was sent off either straight red or a second yellow we would have been in the game.
Its just so obviuos that we lack some muscle, they were a big side and we have no plan B if things arent working.

Very early days but Saturday is a must win game.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 02:03:23 PM »
Agree with Hozzer reply..
 You can't go from here to Barca (fast international class smallish / medium sized midfield / strikers) in one go Den .
    Need to make allowances for physicality of League .
     Else it'll be a period of 'consolidation ' .

(posted originally Tues 4.51 pm ! )

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
       Thought the goalkeeper was brilliant last night and grew in confidence as the game went on. Was he Chesterfields U21 keeper last year, and is he related to Keith?  Hope DG starts him Saturday as if Henrich plays and makes any errors the crowd will get at him which wont help his confidence. Would be nice to have two talented young players fighting for the shirt for the season.

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 06:42:27 PM »
I didn't see last night's game but Alexander played for us last week against Worksop (where Mills went off injured just before half-time incidentally). He might have stopped one of their two goals but did pull off some good reflex saves at 2-2.

What was he like on crosses last night? He's very tall I know but didn't come for the only one Worksop put over...

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »
He came out and claimed a couple of crosses, looked confident. One to give a run of games to - at 6 foot 7, he'll be a presence.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/