Author Topic: Solihull Moors (H) 11/8/15  (Read 12706 times)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Solihull Moors (H) 11/8/15
« on: August 10, 2015, 12:33:39 PM »
Who's joining me in thinking this game suddenly looks far more difficult than it did a week ago? They'll clearly fancy it and we have a couple of gaps to fill with personnel and after not getting on the board on Saturday, we could do with a good return from these 2 home games to get up and running. They're the last team to beat us at YS in a league fixture and have generally done alright here.

It seems like Sam Vince could be recalled for this game and we may have to slip a midfielder in at full back again to cover Zak- would it be better to go 3 centre backs (Marrs/Pidge/Garns), 5 in midfield with wingers having doing a job at both ends of the pitch?

Hopefully the players can respond to Saturday's disappointment and we get behind them to get us going 1 game late

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Solihull Moors (H) 11/8/15
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 12:39:47 PM »
Yes, with only 3 defenders available. 3-5-2 would be better than putting a square peg in a round hole. I think that formation would suit the players we have.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »
                     Vince
          Marrs   Pidge Garner
Felix  Deacy  Dixon   Roberts   Rollins
           Southwell    Jones

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 03:34:02 PM »
I think we will lose the first three games. Caertainly don't fancy us against Solihull, who have a good manager and will exploit any weaknesses we have. I'd go all out for a rugged defensive display and try and get a point on the board  :o

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 04:42:06 PM »
                     Vince
          Marrs   Pidge Garner
           Southwell    Jones
McGhee deserves a start, instead of Deacey.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »
                     Vince
          Marrs   Pidge Garner
           Southwell    Jones

But McGhee is better out wide, and those slots are taken on this formation.  Deacy is the better player for a more central position in my opinion.   I do agree with Felix one side and Rollins the other then we can get at them with pace.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 08:04:02 PM »
If we don't beat Curzon I will be incredibly disappointed.

wez33

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 08:12:41 PM »
I see marrs at centre back as a square peg in a round hole as well,
McGhee or Dixon have both done good jobs at full back in the past so I wouldn't mind one of them starting there.

Expecting tomorrow night to be very difficult, I'd probably take a point!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 08:38:54 PM »
                     Vince
          Marrs   Pidge Garner
           Southwell    Jones

But McGhee is better out wide, and those slots are taken on this formation.  Deacy is the better player for a more central position in my opinion.   I do agree with Felix one side and Rollins the other then we can get at them with pace.
McGhee came on 'in the hole' on Saturday, and was one of the 2 reasons we started to dominate (+ Rollins). He can play all across the midfield.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 10:54:20 PM »
Am I over demanding but a point at home is just not good enough regardless of the team we play. Last season we was scoring goals against the better teams for fun. Anything less than a win as got to be a backwards step

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
Am I over demanding but a point at home is just not good enough regardless of the team we play. Last season we was scoring goals against the better teams for fun. Anything less than a win as got to be a backwards step

As Barrow showed, to be thinking of the title, you need 15+ home wins, perhaps even 18. We got 15 2 years ago but last season only 13 (in a year where we improved a lot on the road), so I'd agree anything less than 3 points at home is disappointing, though you're always going to have an off day at some stage.

truthsayer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »
I hope we win.
TS

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 06:32:22 PM »
Conte at left back maybe !

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2015, 09:49:59 PM »
Lost 1-4 :-[

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »
What as happened to the wonderful team spirit we are led to believe exists at BUFC? The defense looked totally peed off at what was in front of them in our midfield. I cannot believe that Roberts starts ahead of Mc Ghee he needs to be on his way and replaced by someone who will give 100% and be proud to wear the shirt.
It says it all when our keeper is clearly our M O T M in a 4 - 1 defeat. I take nothing away from Solihull who look a good bet this season but as on Saturday we looked like a team of midgets against giants. The only hope for the immediate future is to have Mills back and Garner shoved into mid field to give some cover for the back four. In the long term we need a left back ( not on a months loan ) and a ball playing mid fielder. Over 1100 Boston fans there and they deserve better.