Author Topic: The new ground.  (Read 13116 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The new ground.
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 04:55:13 PM »
 I think the only way way the New Ground (N/G for short ? ) is viable is part of the (largish) infrastructure project Newton has planned  .
    It may still happen .but where will the hugely improved (and constant , year on year ! )  income streams come from to make it pay ?
        Otherwise BUFC may possibly go the way of  old Dartford ..R&D  .. Kettering  .. Scarboro  .. Darlington  etc . .
       Then maybe BUFC  soccer fans will have to bite the bullet ,and slowly skulk along to Tatershall Rd ..
                  (Newton owns that ground ? and could gradually invest there on a smaller scale )
             Just maybe ..  Boston only needs one  'pro' football club .

fT

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 05:47:17 PM by father Ted »

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 05:20:48 PM »
From Newton himself.

2 of the grants we have applied for we will not be getting leaving a funding gap of a few million but he is positive that this funding will be in place in time for the mass roadworks towards the end of this year to start

I may have jumped the gun with this as i didnt realise the info hadnt been released yet.... Slap wrist time

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2015, 08:56:38 PM »
Wait ......wait for it!
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 07:43:00 AM »
As Dave says it was never going to be easy.

Let's all keep supporting him, because if he doesn't do it well there is no other option.

Time is ticking though to get a stadium built before York Street lease expires!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 09:56:44 AM »
When does the lease expire again?

Wonder what the landowners have planned for the site? Some dismal new build apartments or something, probably.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 10:00:17 AM »

Wonder what the landowners have planned for the site? Some dismal new build apartments or something, probably.

isn't there a caveart that the new ground must be up before redevelopment starts?
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 12:07:57 PM »

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2015, 07:05:21 PM »
The way I read the article was that the new stadium development is moving forward nicely and will start early next year, the gap in funding would mean building the sports centre etc as phase 2 not actually prevent the ground being built? I'm confident Newton and co will secure the extra funding needed.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2015, 10:25:17 PM »
The way I read the article was that the new stadium development is moving forward nicely and will start early next year, the gap in funding would mean building the sports centre etc as phase 2 not actually prevent the ground being built? I'm confident Newton and co will secure the extra funding needed.

Seems like it - from the article:

"But if we can't get final £1.5m in, we might have to start building the stadium while the rest would come as part of the 'phase two', but that's the last thing we want to do. We want to deliver the whole thing."
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »
Yet again the NLP in their piece today have got things wrong, this is not the first time they have written about BUFC without researching properly. They state the new ground is to be built alongside the A16 at Wymeswold  south of the Lincolnshire Port ( I think Wymeswold is some 50 miles away near Leicester ).  It also states that York Street was sold to developer Chestnut Homes in July and the lease to play their runs out in 2018. The article finishes by saying Mick Vines chairman of Boston Town has invited a ground share if the stadium is delayed. I really hope the club take the NLP to task over this ( not the Boston Town bit ) as it is not the first time they have written about BUFC  and got their facts wrong, or is there something we don't know about ? 

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2015, 01:09:59 PM »
Would Boston Town's ground be passed as good enough for our league?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
I wonder if our Lotto-winning supporter has any thoughts when hearing of the funding gap? The amount we're short seems quite small fry compared with £53 million.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »
Would Boston Town's ground be passed as good enough for our league?

Not as it stands ,  not enough turnstiles to start with .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2015, 04:53:10 PM »
They state the new ground is to be built alongside the A16 at Wymeswold  south of the Lincolnshire Port ( I think Wymeswold is some 50 miles away near Leicester ).

It is indeed near Leicester. A move to Wymeswold would cut down my travel time to home games. Most famous thing about Wymeswold is that it stages the Glastonbudget music festival every summer - the residents there will therefore be familiar with large crowds and the smell of hot dogs.

http://www.glastonbudget.org/