Author Topic: The new ground.  (Read 13117 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
The new ground.
« on: August 09, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
I keep hearing differing reports about it. Some say, it's all good and will be started soon. Others are now telling me, it's on hold as it's got to be approved yet again.
Can anyone clear this up and tell me the truth please.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: The new ground.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 09:34:11 AM »
It has full approval, and building starts when all funding is secured.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »
Thank you P86, i can now kick the bloke who told me it was in trouble in the dangly department of the trousers!
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 12:12:02 PM »
when all funding is secured.

This is the bit that concerns me. Be nice to have an update on that front when the club is able to give one.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 01:53:51 PM »
From Newton himself.

2 of the grants we have applied for we will not be getting leaving a funding gap of a few million but he is positive that this funding will be in place in time for the mass roadworks towards the end of this year to start

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
From Newton himself.

2 of the grants we have applied for we will not be getting leaving a funding gap of a few million but he is positive that this funding will be in place in time for the mass roadworks towards the end of this year to start

Funding gap of a few million?

A few questions BUFC fans might want answers to

How much is the ground costing?
Where will funding come from if grants not available
Will "Investors" own the new stadium
Is there a plan B

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »
From Newton himself.

Is there a plan B

Don't need you to tell us the questions to ask, worry about your own position and keep your nose out.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
From Newton himself.

Is there a plan B

Don't need you to tell us the questions to ask, worry about your own position and keep your nose out.

What a pathetic response to a serious question.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 03:59:19 PM »
From Newton himself.

Is there a plan B

Despite the previous hostile reply, all valid questions. With any luck, there'll be a forum in the Autumn when these can be put directly to the board.

If I recall correctly, I believe the stadium will be transferred to a community interest type company, won't it? It won't be owned by 'investors'. 

Can't say I'm unduly concerned about it all going tits up, but the longer it drags on, the more keen everyone is to see spades in the ground, especially with the lease running down. Newton's a very patient bloke though, and likes doing stuff properly. I'm sure it's all gone quiet for good reason.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »
From Newton himself.

Is there a plan B

Despite the previous hostile reply, all valid questions. With any luck, there'll be a forum in the Autumn when these can be put directly to the board.

If I recall correctly, I believe the stadium will be transferred to a community interest type company, won't it? It won't be owned by 'investors'. 

Can't say I'm unduly concerned about it all going tits up, but the longer it drags on, the more keen everyone is to see spades in the ground, especially with the lease running down. Newton's a very patient bloke though, and likes doing stuff properly. I'm sure it's all gone quiet for good reason.

The who owns the ground question has been covered in reply numerous times (I know I've replied elsewhere two or three times to the same question)   The rest is new, and without confirmation from the man in charge we won't know what it means to the ground and timescales.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 03:53:39 PM »
Funding not in place?  :bunny

Good job it is Mr Newton in charge or there would be an onslaught of abusive comments coming forth .....

The plan as I understood it in the beginning, was to subsidise the club until the ground and the rest of the development was completed then take the money and hand over the club to the 'community'.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 03:27:54 PM »
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 03:58:23 PM »
Not exactly surprising news, but still disappointing.

"The club is bankrupt basically, it's got no money, no assets."

And that's the most important (and sobering) quote from that story: a candid assessment of the club's stature none of us really want to hear. If Newton manages to pull this off it will be a impressive achievement by any measure, but obviously with such a massive funding gap, and with all manner of unknowns and potential pitfalls that can derail a project of this scale, I won't sleep easy until the last brick is in place, the last lick of paint has been, er, licked, and John Blackwell's shiny new ticket office is open for business.

And as for that missing £2m, if only we had a supporter who had recently won a fecking gigantic Euromillions rollover jackpot... COUGH COUGH...!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 04:15:40 PM »
 Oh ..You can't insult the monied on here PB !
    I would have thought at a couple of 2yr contracts for key newbies would have been in order for starters ..
                 50 m is a lot of millions ,as much as Ann Robinsons worth !
            I expect the party elluded / alluded to is living abroad by now .. I know I would be .
                                   f T

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2015, 04:41:56 PM »
I'd imagine that Sue Bell and some of the other NIMBY's are rubbing their hands together at that news.  Thank God we have an astute business man like David Newton in charge and not some of the other clowns like we had in the past.