Author Topic: Horncastle Town v Boston United Youth Team  (Read 2945 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Horncastle Town v Boston United Youth Team
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:41 PM »
Good performance by the young BUFC team (advertised incorrectly as our U-21s by the home side) against a physically stronger Horncastle XI. Harry Limb scored in the first half and had a really energetic game before the home side finally converted one of their numerous chances 10 minutes from time with the match ending in a 1-1 draw. The John Rawdon Memorial Trophy will therefore be shared by both teams over the next 12 months. Good attendance from the home supporters and a few of us from BUFC, although a little miffed that no promotion of this game was given on the Official Site.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Bannovallum Bill

Re: Horncastle Town v Boston United Youth Team
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:11:16 AM »
I enjoyed game too. Good turn out. Raffle money was split between both sides youth set ups. Makes it even more embarrassing that United didn't advertise game. As a HTFC and BUFC fan this is a good and enjoyable fixture and hopefully will continue in John Rawdon's memory for seasons to come.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 02:55:26 PM »
I am led to believe that the youth team has lost their inspirational leader Welshy who I am told has gone to Nottingham Forrest. Also told of others leaving what is happening this is not a good way to start a new season.  UTP.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »
Ah. Explains why Bunny was in charge last night.  :bunny. Sad if Welshy has gone after a good few years with us. Nice guy and wish him all the best for future.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:29:22 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 03:54:36 PM »
don't believe everything you hear, hopefully Welshy will be back soon.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 07:54:52 PM »
If Welshy has moved why is there no indication of this on the Official Site, surely they would mention that someone who has been associated with club for as long as he has has left!!!

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:28:43 PM »
Well said Ernie. Craig would have let us know for sure. Until we hear any different we should ignore rumours and consider Welshy still very much part of our club.