Author Topic: season ahead  (Read 8444 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: season ahead
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 08:42:50 PM »
I think the team will miss Steer much more than many believe. Yes he picked up many bookings, yes the other more balanced defenders, Married probably being a prime example, but overall and especially considering his attributes going forward and his lightning recovery speed which is unmatched in any match I have seen and his departure will hurt us.

I also feel as has been his way fie two years, and especially with the loan rules changing drastically this year that DG will have a couple of loanees in before the end of the month

Many teams have strengthened, certainly the ones with top five aspirations and that dirty word finances, has in most cases allowed them to do so and we have to accept that we can't match their kind of wages with some reputedly operating on a weekly budget the kind of money DG has in a month.

Many teams are worse off that us which almost guarantees a tip half finish its just a case if where exactly in the too half we will be come April. A top five is realistic but no certainty.

Saturday will give us some indication and though I doubt it will be wouldn't it be great to start of in the same fashion of a couple if years back when in the opening day we gave then a right old tonking.

At least football is back though. I hate summers

Don,t understand what effect married has on football BG  ;)

kodger

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
Like the O/P I too am still haunted by that 'fricking overhead kick'...only seen the Lincoln game so far, so no idea what I expect..i'm in hospital right now, but will be at next saturday's match..i'm still giddy at the start of a new season, even though i'm a fogey. :)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »
is it just me but i i dont feel a great swell of excitement for the coming season around the streets of Boston.

It's not just you , it's very quiet for the start of the season .Maybe it all happens on Twitter nowadays . :'(