Author Topic: Another win  (Read 9627 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Another win
« on: November 07, 2009, 05:44:11 PM »
Good result lads, especially given that SPS and Retford both won as well.

Not quite sure how SWD gets the credit of first of his goals, as without hitting the defender it would have finished up in the snack bar  ;D  Surely that's an OG - but who actually cares eh? Maybe the only way to score from that tight an angle was to blast it at the defender and hope it went in - I love when a plan comes together!!!!!

Though SWD looked lively. Can't believe Newsh was asked to play that far back, especially first half.  Tap-in's eh   ::)

Good crowd as well. Ropey performance at times, but heck, I'll take another 20 wins like that now.

Chris Withe - what a player he was - if only he was 15 years younger and could play for us again.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another win
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:08:40 PM »
Good performance after a worrying first 15 - 20 mins but we came on strong after that. Suprised with the positions of the front four but the decisons from the management paid off. Can we accomadate Weir Daley and Newsham in the same team and get the best out of both of them? We defended well today and didn't miss Camm. Will we go back to three in the middle nest week if he is fit?

Swineshead Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 06:16:51 PM »
Did the teams swap shirts at half time? The desire to win changed!

The ref really didn't help (not that his assistants were assisting him much) but after making hard work of it in the first half, playing the ball around seemed to come naturally as the second progressed.

Happy with Yates workrate, Newsh did better as the game wore on, woody gets better at left back every time I see him. Disappointed with Sleathy today but everyone has an off day.

Tom Matthews should have a word with their number 9, I'd be embarrassed to play with a cheat like him.

O CHO MEALLT

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
Looked to be a bit of a hangover from Stocksbridge/Quorn in the first half.We got out of jail with the timing of the equaliser,not that Ferriby deserved a lead any more than we did first half.Much better second half,and a well deserved,and much needed win in the end.Don't know how SWD was credited with his first goal though!!

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
Credit must go to Suarez today aswell, won everything in the air while on the pitch. Will never get you loads of goals but is an absolute pain in the arse to play against, the goals will come from Newsham and SWD around him picking up his bits and pieces.

Their defence was creeking first half but eventually cracked second and with a bit of luck we could have had more.

If I was being harsh I would say Yates and Sleath didn't have particularly good games by their standards but that doesn't matter.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:12 PM »
"Tap in" Newsham in long range goal shock. lol
Crackin goal - well played (if you do happen to come on this forum)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2009, 09:49:54 PM »
Overall you have to say it was a good second half performance, though I still can't comprehend how Spencer Weir-Offside was credited with two goals. Does the Unibond League have a dubious goals panel? The first effort would have ended up closer to the snack bar than the goal, but for the hapless defender diverting it into his  own net. I'm not entirely sure that the second one would have gone in either - had it not been for another deflection.

I suppose any player credited with two goals is always in the running for man-of-the-match and I credit him for getting into those positions in the first place. But as far as overall performances were concerned, I thought Suarez should have been man-of-the-match.

woad_pilgrim

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2009, 10:18:53 PM »
First half thought we where poor as any time we have been all season, Ferriby controlled the match and fully deserved their lead. Goal came at just the right time and as has been said a great "tap-in" from Newsham from the edge of the box :o As far as I can recollect was our first shot at goal.

Second half was much better from both sides. Fortunately we finished 2 of our numerous chances whilst Ferriby wasted theirs. Going forward we looked good second half but the defence looked very shaky. For me it was still a below-par performance but will take that if we can keep picking up 3 points.

Must say Weir-Daley played much better than in previous games and hope he keeps proving me wrong (I said we should let him go in another thread). He does still keep getting caught offside far too much though. Personally I have thought we have been missing a forward with something different to offer, Weir-Daley has the potential to offer this different something, pace for one.

As LCB says Suarez had a fantastic game but for me Yates was MOTM (shows how different people see games differently). The amount of quality crosses he put in yet again today was phenomenal. We need to now build on this next week.

Edit: Why is it when we win the threads barely reach 2 pages yet after a defeat they're 5/6 page long  ::) See the whingers have either disappeared or are commenting on other stuff, sure they'll be back with their doom and gloom at the next defeat.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 10:26:40 PM by woad_pilgrim »

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »

As LCB says Suarez had a fantastic game but for me Yates was MOTM (shows how different people see games differently). The amount of quality crosses he put in yet again today was phenomenal. We need to now build on this next week.

Edit: Why is it when we win the threads barely reach 2 pages yet after a defeat they're 5/6 page long  ::) See the whingers have either disappeared or are commenting on other stuff, sure they'll be back with their doom and gloom at the next defeat.

Was thinking that same looking on here between Boxing rounds, Yates always offers the cracking balls into the box, but in previous games he had marauded forward and really troubled the full back with his mazy runs. Today he only really offered the crossing side to his game and stuck religiously to the outside.  Like I said, I was being picky when I thought as a team we played well.

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2009, 11:06:33 PM »
After the win today we have the chance to go top next Sat depending on Retford's game on Tue as there are only 3 games on Sat ours and 2 involving teams lower down in the league.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
After the win today we have the chance to go top next Sat depending on Retford's game on Tue as there are only 3 games on Sat ours and 2 involving teams lower down in the league.

Not quite - there's a full set of fixtures on Saturday:

Sat 14th Nov 2009 Premier
15:00       Boston United       v       Marine
15:00       Durham City       v       Buxton
15:00       Hucknall Town       v       FC United Of Manchester
15:00       Kendal Town       v       Guiseley
15:00       Kings Lynn       v       Ossett Town
15:00       Matlock Town       v       Ashton United
15:00       Nantwich Town       v       Retford United
15:00       North Ferriby United       v       Burscough
15:00       Whitby Town       v       Stocksbridge Park Steels
15:00       Worksop Town       v       Bradford Park Avenue

Carl Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »
Hmm my mistake. Looked on the unibond site about 6ish and only showed three games for next week and I hust put it down to the England Brazil game.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 09:04:07 AM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
Kendal Town    v   Guiseley

Could do with that one being a draw, both those sides look nicely placed points wise with games  on hand. I've a sneaky feeling the eventual winners might come from those two, but I'd love to be wrong.

Czuczmans Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 11:04:16 PM »
Sorry to be behind the times here but i didn't go to the game on Saturday due to work etc. I can only really comment on what i see before me, which was incidently Quorn away last Tuesday. I was shocked and stunned as anyone to lose to such opposition but to read certain threads on the site saying we are a disgrace etc is a tad over the top and way off the mark. Collectively on the night it just didn't happen and it was frustrating to watch, but show me a side that haasn't lost to lower opposition before and i'll show my arse in Oldrids window all December. Do you think Charlton fans would approach their manager behind the dugout and call him a s**t after today at Northwich? No i doubt it as well. As for the "supporter" who decided to berate Rob Scott in front of me at Quorn, i'm pleased Rob gave you far more back than you expected. YOU were an embarassment to the club and proved to be a typical fickle fan who shows no support the minute we come unstuck. This season is going to have more ups and downs in it as we get to April and the only way the club will move forward is if we all pull together. It's a young squad who will make errors along the way. Just cast your mind back to this time 12 months ago, as Rob kindly pointed out to you.