Author Topic: Two new signings, will Ravas be number three?  (Read 6589 times)

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
Re: Two new signings, will Ravas be number three?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:25:59 PM »
Think Deacey will be a decent signing just need a left back and a keeper and then i think we are sorted.  Would much rather see mills and pidge as a centre pairing and garns in midfield.  I presume Julian Bennett is no longer interested in us.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 02:41:50 PM »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

poshpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 03:50:02 PM »
Maybe Burgh Boy has an opinion on this.  It would be interesting to hear it Pilgrim86 wouldn't it?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
I thought our number 18 in the second half yesterday did well. Not sure of his name but looked a bit like Patrick Viera.

TEP

Tony A

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 10:28:25 AM »
Heard the big number 18 is from Manchester City. He looked good, not knocked off the ball easily and clever feet, his passing and positional play was good also.

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 06:12:43 PM »
I don't want to start off on a negative, as I believe that the last two seasons have been really enjoyable, and I like the Way that Dennis has us playing, BUT, I am really concerned about his failure to secure a decent keeper.

I know he is very young. I get that he not played against men before. He will be nervous no doubt, but Ravas is not what we need. I really fear for us if we sign him on. And so, I have to ask, why can't Dennis find us a keeper worthy of the name? The only keeper that he has signed that has not been a loanee that was any good was Lewis King.

In 3 years now we have not had a goalie that has seen the season out. Why? Sort it out or we will struggle this time round.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 11:16:13 PM »
Heard the big number 18 is from Manchester City. He looked good, not knocked off the ball easily and clever feet, his passing and positional play was good also.
Sat near his cousin and he told us he had been playing in Hungary for the last three years, but he is living in Manchester. Kingsley Obobo ( may be well out with surname spelling!)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 09:42:33 AM »
From what I can find out, he came through the Ujpest FC (Hungary top division) youth team, but then went back home to Nigeria to play for Enugu Rangers until this summer.

Born December 25th, 1988...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2015, 03:57:31 PM »
From what I can find out, he came through the Ujpest FC (Hungary top division) youth team, but then went back home to Nigeria to play for Enugu Rangers until this summer.

Born December 25th, 1988...

I wonder if he'd need some form of work permit before he could play competitively for a club in this country? We had a similar situation a couple of years ago when we signed Netan Sansara on his return from playing in Denmark.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2015, 04:07:54 PM »
He'll need International clearance, but he may have a Hungarian passport if he grew up there, meaning as a EU national he's allowed to play without a work permit.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
I know he is very young. I get that he not played against men before. He will be nervous no doubt, but Ravas is not what we need. I really fear for us if we sign him on. And so, I have to ask, why can't Dennis find us a keeper worthy of the name? The only keeper that he has signed that has not been a loanee that was any good was Lewis King.

I agree that Lewis King has been the best of our "permanent" keepers under Dennis Greene. But was he the answer either? He's left Stalybridge this summer and dropped into a lower league by joining Matlock.