Author Topic: Today v Lincoln City  (Read 7325 times)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v Lincoln City
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 05:18:03 PM »

The new keeper (somewhat understandably at 17 y/o) didn't look as good as Urwin in the air, though he made some good stops from shots.... it just baffles me if we want a young lad in goal, why not show faith in Sam Vince, who did fine until his confidence was shot down last year

Think i would rather have a 6ft 4in ( or whatever it was exactly ) keeper in the goal,  than a smaller scaled Vinno based on age for age Josh.  I remember Sam's first few games for the first team and he was equally as nervous.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
That's exactly my thoughts we need a keeper with a presence and ravas certainly has that and will get better with games I'm sure.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
Listening to BBC Radio sport friday evening a text from a listener was read out .   Basicly saying that Green needed to get  his finger out and make some signings , he/her when on to say unlike Greene both Moyses and Steve Housham had done the business and made decent signings .

Lets take on board the collection of bookings obtained by Imps yesterday plus the hoof ball tactics need to supply the above mentioned  bully boy /  donkey up front .

What did SH team do yesterday ?   nothing !!!!  .  they have now cancelled 2/3 matches because they cannot raise a full team .

With the above in mind how would you rate the comments made by the texter ?

Trinity cancelled yesterday v Worksop due to six players out injured, and season close.
Rumour has it that game vSheff Wed cancelled because of their demand for a fee (£3k)

Chimps and their signings, along with their tactics have little interest for us in a different division

Texter probably a BUFC fan worried that most of good available players have already found clubs, leaving the ones who aren't good enough or too expensive

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »
But unlike everyone signing 11 new players, we were the best team from  Xmas and only lost Newsh (bit part player last year), Steer and Strejek. Replace them 2 and then it's just a matter of strengthening the already excellent foundations.

I'm not worried by a lack of signings