Author Topic: Today v Lincoln City  (Read 7327 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Today v Lincoln City
« on: July 25, 2015, 03:06:50 PM »
I see neither Urwin or Bennett feature in the United Squad! any reasons given?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today v Lincoln City
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
Lost 4-1 on penalties :(

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »
I heard a deal couldn't be struck with Irwin but that's only heard in the ground so could be finish

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 05:54:13 PM »
Doesn't surprise me we couldn't agree terms with a lad that lives near fylde he will want decent money, personally thought the young keeper did very well today, deacey looks a very good player.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 06:06:13 PM »
I'm guessing we are looking at keeper on a posible yt deal

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 06:24:28 PM »
1st half was good. We created most of the chances and could easily have nicked one. 2nd half was harder. We didn't keep the ball as well and they put a lot more pressure on us. They were more in the mould of a Ferriby, big, physical and looked more dangerous from set pieces.
The new keeper (somewhat understandably at 17 y/o) didn't look as good as Urwin in the air, though he made some good stops from shots.... it just baffles me if we want a young lad in goal, why not show faith in Sam Vince, who did fine until his confidence was shot down last year
Good to see Dayle get an hour as I feared his injury would be worse than it seemed. Back 4 were very solid against a strong and relatively quick attacking unit from Lincoln. First clean sheet of preseason. Penalties haven't improved though- Mills and McGhee had very tame efforts easily saved,
Overall, had we gone up, I'd have no relegation fears in the Conference (assuming Lincoln will be mid table). Not sure how it'll be with us looking to get promoted

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 06:46:53 PM »
Forgetting about the penalty shoot out I was really pleased with the performance particularly the first half where as Josh said we could and should have scored. Thought Lincoln came with a we only have to turn up attitude and kicked everything in sight when it was shown this was not the case, carry on like that and they will need the biggest squad in the conference to cover for suspensions. Thought all our lads did well and I was again impressed with Deacey. Looks as though the RAF fitness guru is doing an excellent job with general fitness looking very good. Things are looking very promising. 

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 07:12:32 PM »
I was very worried about our keeper first half, but he settled down and looked better in the 2nd.

I couldn't see a lot in Deacey myself, but that is only one appearance that I have seen from him.

Rollins looked very good when he came on.

Wish we had been able to get Greg Tempest back, he was useful.

I hope The Chimps aren't hoping for many goals from that Fat Knacker that they had up front in the number 9 shirt. He was terrible.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 09:43:20 PM »
II hope The Chimps aren't hoping for many goals from that Fat Knacker that they had up front in the number 9 shirt. He was terrible.
Defo an embarrassment to his profession. The equivalent of the plumber who comes to your home to change a tap and ends up flooding your house!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 12:58:30 AM »
The last two performances have been excellent and way above what we usually get in pre-season matches.  The established players from last season have a burning desire to succeed and anyone coming into the squad knows they have have to match this.  DG and his team have developed a great team spirit with strength and skill to match.

How pleased am I to support BUFC and how sad if I were unfortunate enough to follow Lincoln City.  Here are some views on the game from their forum.

"Hammered the old carrot-toppers!!!!!".   Factually incorrect in every sense.

"Don't worry we will be there or thereabouts this time. Rhead will bully us there. Beast and a monster".  The last sentence is spot on.

"Sh1te performance"   But BUFC's was great!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:00:39 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
Still unbeaten since February 21st...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 10:22:26 AM »
Still unbeaten at home since November 1st...
United we stand..................

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 10:57:38 AM »
Listening to BBC Radio sport friday evening a text from a listener was read out .   Basicly saying that Green needed to get  his finger out and make some signings , he/her when on to say unlike Greene both Moyses and Steve Housham had done the business and made decent signings .

Lets take on board the collection of bookings obtained by Imps yesterday plus the hoof ball tactics need to supply the above mentioned  bully boy /  donkey up front .

What did SH team do yesterday ?   nothing !!!!  .  they have now cancelled 2/3 matches because they cannot raise a full team .

With the above in mind how would you rate the comments made by the texter ?

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »
Just proves they're not all locked up

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 03:22:40 PM »
Just proves they're not all locked up