Author Topic: Greene keen on Bennett and Urwin  (Read 5031 times)

Tony A

• View Profile
Re: Greene keen on Bennett and Urwin
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 12:01:24 PM »
Going by Saturday v Kings Lynn we are still desperate for a decent left back. Bennet is way over weight and too slow, hence their goal. His good point is he has a long throw, but we will get slaughtered down that wing against our league players. I thought Urwin showed promise but had little to do apart from pass backs. His kicking and distribution was good, you can see he has played at a higher level. Smith up front was a clever grafter and would be a useful addition. McGhee had a good game also. Nice to have two fast wingers too. Hope Pidge is okay, his injury made me cringe, as it did him.Look forward to wednesday and saturday. On the way to the ground yesterday radio Lincs  gave our game as an away match, they want to get their game together, how many were put off by that.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 12:58:58 PM »
Bennett has only played 2 games in 2 years (both this week). I think he will need his fitness building up, but should be an asset to the squad. We still 5 more pre-season games to go.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 02:23:44 PM »
Smith up front was a clever grafter and would be a useful addition.

Has anyone worked out who Jack Smith is? Normally google helps with that sort of thing, but it's such a common name and I can't really find anything about his career history / pedigree. There was a Jack Smith played for Wimbledon last year, but he is 32 and I don't think our triallist was that old. There's a 20 year old Jack Smith playing for Arbroath, but the geography doesn't seem right. West Bromwich Albion's first ever manager was called Jack Smith, but he died in 1975. The only other Jack Smith I can find is listed as a striker, but his last game was for Brighton & Hove Albion and was in 1968. Still, if Julian Bennett can come out of retirement .....

After our first friendly at Boston Town we quickly knew the backgrounds of our triallists in that match. Can someone plug the gaps in our knowledge of Smith?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:26:36 PM by leicester pilgrim »

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »
"Bennett has only played 2 games in 2 years (both this week)"

I suppose if Bennett hasn't played for two years there's hope! But why hasn't he played?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:11:39 PM »
A long term injury I presume.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
"Bennett has only played 2 games in 2 years (both this week)"

I suppose if Bennett hasn't played for two years there's hope! But why hasn't he played?
Long term knee injury, forcing him to retire from professional football. I believe he's set up a coacing business alongside Wes Morgan in the time off, and has employed Kyle Dixon over the summer.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 08:23:21 PM »
Smith up front was a clever grafter and would be a useful addition.

Has anyone worked out who Jack Smith is?

Ask K9! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMQ7X3wauRQ

Seriously though, I'm surprised someone on here hasn't responded with an answer to your question!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 09:26:00 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »
Mr Collins
Have you ever known a manager of a non-league side to fly a player down from Scotland for every league game. That would be so ridiculous he'd be such a Dick.
Good Evans!
Sorry must move on I know.
I'm sure Jack will do well wherever he's from.