Author Topic: GRIMSBY  (Read 7011 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GRIMSBY
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »
Southwell needs a decent provider up there with him and I have never thought that Jones was the one.
Did you not watch us last season?  :o

I think he missed the 11 consecutive games in which Jones scored 12 goals . ::)

Perhaps he watched the 16 games previous to those....

12 goals in 34  games ,  is that better steeli ?

How many goals did your top striker score in 34  games last season ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GRIMSBY
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 04:23:37 PM »
Southwell needs a decent provider up there with him and I have never thought that Jones was the one.
Did you not watch us last season?  :o
[/quote-
I think he missed the 11 consecutive games in which Jones scored 12 goals . ::)

Perhaps he watched the 16 games previous to those....
Did you? Or are you just assuming that because he failed to score, he was performing badly (he wasn't)?

He failed to score many for us either. (don't think you were here scouting him)
I never faulted his effort, others were less forgiving, but central strikers are judged on goals - hence the positive post about his 12 in 11, but this doesn't suggest how well or badly he played either.
Opinions are just that.

Credit to Greene for his eye for strikers . While others hesitated he brought in Ricky Miller  2013/14 season and formed a 50 goals a season partnership with Marc Newsham .
After Miller departed he unearthed another gem in Dayle Southwell for the 14/15 season ,  and early in the season decided to replace Marc with Mark Jones who was goal-less at Gainsborough . Based on the second half of the season this has the potential to be another 50+a season partnership .

As for Southwell needing a provider comments seem to suggest Dayle is more than happy with Jones as his strike partner .
 Pressuse on Seve Housham now , lets hope he has more success with Marc  and gets the  20+ goals a season return .