Author Topic: Training  (Read 7465 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Training
« on: July 01, 2015, 03:37:09 PM »
Did anyone happen to pop along to have a look at last nights training session, if so what did they think?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 04:47:26 PM »
Yes I went along last night, there were 20plus players there including a couple I did not recognise. I have to say that what I saw was a very professional first session with the RAF instructor sitting them all in the stand with each one given what appeared to be a program with a structured fitness regime for the next six weeks and explaining what was required. Must say the lads all looked in good physical shape although I didn't stay to watch any training. Players have remarked for some time about the club being very professional and last night I could see why. I really look forward to the coming season and would love to see the support we were getting at the end of last season there from the very first game, The Chairman, Dennis and Bunny deserve it.

Up The Pilgrims.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 05:36:18 PM »
I didn't realise fans can go and watch training? I agree with you oxo on that we need to keep up the level of support we had towards the end of last season, that will help us massively progress as we move towards a new exciting era at the quadrant development.

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »
Where do they actually train now?

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 07:35:48 PM »
Last night it was at RAF Cranwell.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
Yeah raf cranwell is where we train. Decent facilities there I think.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 09:18:11 PM »
Any sign of Ian Miller at training? He was on loan with us from Ipswich a few years ago and has been released by Cambridge. I've noticed that he's now following Boston United on twitter ... putting two and two together therefore and probably making five.

Experienced centre half though and would solve the problem of Mills wanting to play full back and keeping Garner in midfield.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 08:26:26 AM »
Miller would be great for us, him and pidge would be a great partnership. Cant see it happening though, keeper, left back and winger are th priorities according to the article I read.

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »
Pair of hands required.

https://youtu.be/4OY81KS_YuQ

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 07:58:07 PM »
It's a mixture of RAF Cranwell sports and Carres Grammar.  They train at Carres during the season when the nights are dark.

So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

JoeBloggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
Hi guys Chester fan here, apparently one of your players Sam Vince may be having a trial with us. How likely is it, thought he was under contract?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2015, 07:00:55 PM »
Are you kidding? Sam is a local Boston boy through and through...........However, our "unofficial" Club Spokesman will, I am sure, give further information on Sam's contract.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
Hi guys Chester fan here, apparently one of your players Sam Vince may be having a trial with us. How likely is it, thought he was under contract?

He's under contract this season. As for what you'd be getting if you had him on loan or something is a good prospect but one whose confidence is low. Greene appears to have little faith in him to do the job for a season, hence us drafting in keepers on loan.
But looked good for his age when he got a good run in the side in 2013/4

JoeBloggs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 09:11:44 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. It's an odd one because he would only be a backup if he came here. Mate reckons he is the lad all in black in the 9th photo of this gallery, half way down the page
Cheers
Joe
http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/watch-chester-fc-start-pre-season-9597103

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 09:28:22 PM »
Yes, that's Sam in a black Boston United training top.