Author Topic: Women World Cup  (Read 2426 times)

Odin

Women World Cup
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:35:17 PM »
I hope some of you are watching the England ladies in Canada. I have tried to watch ladies football before but found it slow, boring, full of errors, but I have watched the last two games the England team have played and really enjoyed it and sometimes it even reached the level of exciting. One of the girls scored a great goal that any bloke would have been proud to score.
Watched America play Germany last night and was pleased to see Germany get stuffed. Will definitely watch England and Japan fight it out tonight, hope our girls win.
The ball control is quite good especially when they chest it down  ::). One of the lady commentators is almost as bad as that Neville character
I think America will lift the trophy.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Women World Cup
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:24:11 PM »
I've watched most of the England games so far.  Wasn't too sure to start with but I'm looking forward to tonight's game  8)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
I have tried to watch ladies football before but found it slow, boring, full of errors
A bit like the England U21s this summer!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 07:12:31 PM »
Watched the Germany v america game and even as an old stick in the mud I actually enjoyed it. The other half was sound asleep tho or I wouldn't have even had the nerve asking to watch it

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 08:55:55 PM »
If they go on and win the world cup we might never hear the last of it  :-\

Odin

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 05:59:10 PM »
Crikey that was close.
Shame though. England were the better side, particularly for the second half. But I have to say that ladies football is like that. There are so many footballing errors, miss kicks, poor passing and heading that their results are often a case of bad luck or good luck depending where you are coming from. Give the ladies credit though, I do think they are more likely to win a football World Cup competition than the men are.