Author Topic: Friendly v Town  (Read 11484 times)

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly v Town
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 10:42:41 AM »
Matt urwin ex Blackburn rovers played first half and Alex brown played second half. Urwin looks a good prospect.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »
Urwin seems to have a decent enough career behind him but wasn't testes yesterday. It may not be until Forest rock up that our defence and keeper really get put under the microscope

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 12:17:02 PM »
Interesting to find out the young, bustling striker who came on at half-time alongside Saebe is only 15!! Turns 16 next month, and is expected to be part of the first team squad.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »
Harry limb looked a real handful and put himself about well, could have a impact this season. Good to see he is signing a contract when he turns 16. Excellent prospect.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2015, 03:00:02 PM »
Unfortunately, he won't be able to sign a 1st team contract until he's 17. He'll sign youth forms, though - and we are vulnerable for the year to lose him for nothing.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »
Unfortunately, he won't be able to sign a 1st team contract until he's 17. He'll sign youth forms, though - and we are vulnerable for the year to lose him for nothing.
I can't really see a 15 year old being part of our first team squad but admit he did look a good prospect. Good to chat to you at the ground yesterday, by the way. Can't wait for the first proper game though.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »
Good to chat to you at the ground yesterday, by the way.

Blimey, peace breaks out ...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 05:42:17 PM »
I can't really see a 15 year old being part of our first team squad but admit he did look a good prospect. Good to chat to you at the ground yesterday, by the way. Can't wait for the first proper game though.
Whats the problem with age ?   If he,s good enough pitch him in .
We all know Den can spot a potential goalscorer. !!!!!!!

What impressed me most yesterday was the level of committment shown by the players .
An hot humid afternoon ,  most the players started the game knowing they had the security of a years contract yet they played at a high tempo and never took there foot of the gas .
Well done to players and the manager .

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »
I think a good 15 year player probably needs to passed on to a professional club who have an academy squad - for the player's own development rather than that of The Pilgrims - but what do I know? With respect to our own set up here, our U-21s team is in its infancy and I am a bit unclear on what standard of opponents they will be playing. However, what will be will be! Have Faith in Den for the Football side of BUFC and The Chairman for the major business of BUFC/Chestnuts - The Quadrant!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2015, 08:33:36 PM »
Good to chat to you at the ground yesterday, by the way.
How? I didn't speak to you. Sounds like you think I'm someone else (and I'm not sure who?)!!  :o

Maybe you might stop referencing me in your posts, now?  ::)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:38:36 PM by Pilgrim86 »

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2015, 10:52:27 PM »
I see Jake Sheridan played.  Has he signed or is he just on trial?

Jamie Short

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2015, 09:06:08 PM »
I've heard we are losing 2v1... :-[

Any updates?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
I see Jake Sheridan played.  Has he signed or is he just on trial?

See he has reappeared on team profiles on OS ,   Walker no longer listed .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »
I've heard we are losing 2v1... :-[

Any updates?
We drew 2-2 at Rossington Main. McGhee and Rollins scored.