Author Topic: Under 21s  (Read 2759 times)

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
Under 21s
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:44:56 PM »
At last it look like the U-21s are going to be playing some sort of competitive football next season instead of friendly after friendly after friendly! May stimulate some interest again for those of us who followed the Reserves in the past.
I see that the Lincolnshire League are limping in with 13 teams for 2015-2016 season (Brigg and Lincoln Railway newcomers) after last season's fiasco when it ran with just 12 teams with 2 of them (Louth and Humbertherm) guilty of failing to raise a side for a substantial number of games.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
Re: Under 21s
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
At last it look like the U-21s are going to be playing some sort of competitive football next season instead of friendly after friendly after friendly! May stimulate some interest again for those of us who followed the Reserves in the past.
I see that the Lincolnshire League are limping in with 13 teams for 2015-2016 season (Brigg and Lincoln Railway newcomers) after last season's fiasco when it ran with just 12 teams with 2 of them (Louth and Humbertherm) guilty of failing to raise a side for a substantial number of games.

I think Louth's first team are now Lincs League having had a sponsor drop out.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:16:12 PM »
http://www.louthtown.co.uk/club/News/view/889700
Many thanks for that information - I hadn't realised that Louth had made that decision. Ouch! Hope they are able to fulfil their fixtures unlike their 2nd string last year, but sad when a team has to voluntarily demote themselves to badly organised park football due to alleged financial reasons. However, I suppose, geographically, the Lincolnshire League was their only choice if they didn't want to fold completely.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 11:41:15 PM »
http://www.louthtown.co.uk/club/News/view/889700
Many thanks for that information - I hadn't realised that Louth had made that decision. Ouch! Hope they are able to fulfil their fixtures unlike their 2nd string last year, but sad when a team has to voluntarily demote themselves to badly organised park football due to alleged financial reasons. However, I suppose, geographically, the Lincolnshire League was their only choice if they didn't want to fold completely.

Third hand info the other night within the Youth setup was saying that it is related to an administration complaint about playing an unregistered player when even the FA knew nothing about it.  Someone was saying that the club lost it's backing and most of their players because the FA took all summer to sort the issue out.  By which time it was too late for a club on a shoestring to continue at that level.

They've been trying to get out of Park Av for years as it has nothing but a pitch.  But it gets block upon block.  Between that and the Louth Town/Louth Old Boys constant battling it's a shame as the town could support a decent team, if they would complement each other rather than kill each other.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 11:45:55 PM by Lord Cutler Knobhead »
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.