Author Topic: Joel Dixon  (Read 7061 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Joel Dixon
« on: June 05, 2015, 08:50:16 PM »
Not sure how true this is, but i have been informed that Joel Dixon has been released by Sunderland.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Joel Dixon
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 08:57:44 PM »
Not sure how true this is, but i have been informed that Joel Dixon has been released by Sunderland.

True ,  this was reported on Patter a week ago .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:44 PM »
He is still on their squad page.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »
Willy Gamble is still on ours.  :dan
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 08:58:34 AM »

He is still on their squad page.

http://www.safc.com/news/reserves-and-academy/2015/may/young-black-cats-released

Dixon will be released when his current deal expires on 30th June. Presumably that's when the squad page will be updated?

LincsBlackcat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 09:53:13 AM »
They usually update website close to the start of new season when must of the signing has been done.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 10:35:18 PM »
To sign Joel or any other good player will cost money. In todays NLP there is a very interesting article regarding Grimsby Town supporters who are refusing to moan about the injustice of loosing out on penalties in the play offs and have begun raising funds for Paul Hurst to be able to make the signings required to achieve promotion next season, in just a couple of weeks £62.000 has been raised simply inviting fans to donate what they can and there is still seven weeks to go before the season starts. Those Grimsby fans believe a couple of signings will achieve promotion and this rings a bell with what Boston fans have been saying after last seasons heroics. Could the club or BUSA  instigate something similar I would certainly chuck £20 in and with the renewed interest the end of season brought if this was done in the right way could be a very good way of providing Dennis with the funds needed to make those couple of vital signings.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 07:32:44 AM »
Agree totally oxo.  Have been thinking exactly the same. Can we make this happen and give Dennis some extra funds?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 08:23:19 AM »
I tried to explore the possibilities of the fans raising money to sign a player a couple of seasons back.

I contacted the club and received a nice email from David Newton.

Basicly he said he had no objections to anyone raising money for the benefit of the club as a whole.

But drew the line at raising money to buy a player.

He produced a good argument, stating that " the player " would be on a different footing than the other players and the manager would be under pressure to play him.

The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM »
Why don't we as fans raise money for the club to use as they see fit. With the new stadium on the horizon the club need all the financial help they can. Any busa officials on here that can help make this happen?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 09:11:42 AM »
I tried to explore the possibilities of the fans raising money to sign a player a couple of seasons back.

Basicly he said he had no objections to anyone raising money for the benefit of the club as a whole.

He produced a good argument, stating that " the player " would be on a different footing than the other players and the manager would be under pressure to play him.

Totally accept that. What I was trying to say was raise money to be used on the playing budget in general not specifying or highlighting any particular players but allowing the squad to be strengthened using a slightly larger budget, if this could be achieved without using all of any money raised then the rest to the club in general. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 09:24:39 AM »
Maybe we could have a fund to be used by the club to have any loan players stay in Boston overnight before home games?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 10:27:14 PM »

Dont get that argument at all. Like any player, if the fans raised the money the manager goes and chooses the player, I cant really see why that would put him on a different footing at all or why above any other player there would be 'extra' pressure to play him. Think its a great idea. £62,000 raised by Grimsby supporters is an a great achievement

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 07:47:20 AM »
We need to get this idea up and running.its a great idea to help raise vital funds for the football club. Any busa officials that can make it happen?

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »
Great idea if it does get off the ground, but Grimsby's success was down to a small number of sizeable donations. One Grimsby fan alone put £20,000 into the kitty, and there was another donation of £5,000 according to the non-league paper. Have any Boston supporters (Euro Millions winners aside) got the sort of money that can make a difference? Don't forget that wages are still comparatively low in the town. I hope the idea works, but at the same time we do need to be realistic around what fans can afford.

EDIT: Given that we're about to move out of York Street, maybe the club could put together a collage of pictures of the old stadium (the different stands, some of the memorable matches, etc.), and look to sell some form of framed print to its supporters. I'm sure there'd be plenty of interest and I reckon people would be more likely to hand their money over if they were getting something tangible in return. It'd also be nice to have some such pictures hanging up in the social club at the new stadium.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:42:25 PM by York Street Pilgrim »