Author Topic: Fireworks at the Jakemans Stadium  (Read 7291 times)

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Fireworks at the Jakemans Stadium
« on: November 05, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
Anybody going?

I bought 4 tickets t'other day, and spoke with David Newton in the car park.  He asked me if I could buy 100!!!!  Does that mean not many are going??????

There was a fair old crowd last year and I would be surprised if there were less this year as it really was a good night.

FAO Chalker  When is the full itinerary going to be published? O/S says Thursday - yet with a little over 3 hours until the gates open still no news.  What have you got lined up for us????

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fireworks at the Jakemans Stadium
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 03:28:57 PM »
Sorry ,,who's Chalker ?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »
Could the managers get the players in the centre circle, get them to bend over and fire rockets at them?

Wembley 85

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 03:45:18 PM »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
I see ..must get used to these nicknames ..
 Well the lad IS under resourced I.T wise at the mo ..
   As I 've said before Jubilee Fireworks do put on a World Class display ..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:54:54 PM by father Ted »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 08:59:09 PM »
excellent display!
well done
didnt go last year BUT i will go next:)

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:46 PM »
Family really enjoyed it. One of the best displays I have ever seen. Well done

Shodfried

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »
Brilliant stuff, shows how far we've come in a couple of years.

Could you imagine the community supporting such an event if Robwell and McFraud were here?

Its nice to have people here who want the best for the club and the support, not their own get rich quick scheme.......

mickb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 12:47:08 AM »
Thanks to all those you also supported the Pilgrim Lounge before and after the fireworks, good to see most seats full. Hope to see you all on sat pre and post match.

Lord Cutler Knobhead

• Veteran Member
  • I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 05:50:47 AM »
Embedded the thought in my mind that the football club is now more than a football club, its part of the community. Fantastic effort by the club to put it on and I hope it was a success financially as it certainly was a success as far as the fireworks/attendance was concerned.
So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by.
Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky.

Gus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 07:57:54 AM »
Could you ever, even in your wildest imagination, expect that Robwell and McFraud would have been there cooking burgers and hot dogs.

I don't think so somehow.

The sight of Cookie and Chairman Dave slaving over a hot cooker really showed how far we have come in such a short time, with Dave's daughter and Alice on the other one.  An amazing contribution from everyone involved.

Seenbetter

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 08:05:51 AM »
Awesome, Awesome. Thats what I thought of last nights event. The fireworks were fantastic. They lasted 15minutes which may not seem very long but what a 15 minutes they were. The ground is an ideal place to have a fireworks night; under cover and big enough to hold a large crowd. And what a management team we have. Mr Newton grilling his fingers while cooking the food, he looked a surgeon about to operate with his delicate rubber gloves on, kinky or just hygenic. Cookie trying his best to look like a competent anaethetist next to the surgeon. Neil, well what can one say, playing with the cuddly toy stand; must get one for my dog, no not a Neil, a cuddly toy. Must have been similar efforts being made by other members of the club around the ground but I didn't get everywhere. Congratulations to everyone for all their hard work. Agree with LCB about a community club, it's the way forward.
A tip for everyone for next year, don't sit too far back cos u can,t see the exploding fireworks high up. A tip for the organisers; an extra BBQ under Fantasy Island. The long queues for the food deterred some from waiting and therefor lost revenue. Next time I will certainly volunteer to help.  

Mr Tickle

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:48 AM »
Could you ever, even in your wildest imagination, expect that Robwell and McFraud would have been there cooking burgers and hot dogs.

I don't think so somehow.

The sight of Cookie and Chairman Dave slaving over a hot cooker really showed how far we have come in such a short time, with Dave's daughter and Alice on the other one.  An amazing contribution from everyone involved.

I was a bit concerned with the way Dave was waving that electronic thermostat prodding type implement though!

It was an excellent night all provided by and staffed by BUFC.  Well done all.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 09:01:26 AM »
Well done to all the organisers last night, very enjoyable.
What i liked most was the great family atmosphere inside the stadium and the event on the whole, which can only highten the profile of the the club.

Roll on next year!!

A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 09:12:25 AM »
I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/