Author Topic: Chris Cook on 30 years since Wembley  (Read 3486 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chris Cook on 30 years since Wembley
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:08:08 AM »
Has anyone else still got one of these?

hozzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:29:50 AM »
yes still got mine.

remember meeting up on London Road and setting off, real mix of people many of whom some had never seen united play. We stopped at Baldock like evryone else it seemed with the town full of buses and black and amber clad fans. Arrived at Wembley fairly early and made our way in with BUFC fans outnumbering Wealdstones by at least 2 to 1.

As for the game we were poor first half with the only highlight being Blackwells penalty save at 1 nil. Second half we battered them, Chris Cooks goal was a class finish and Bostons second (was it Gilbert ?)sent most of the BUFC fans wild but I was right in line with the linesman who's flag went up straight away for I think Bob Lee being in an offside position. Now the goal would have stood as he wasnt interfering with play but I suppose we would have been down to 10 men for the deliberate hand ball that lead to the penalty.

Think we made it back in time for a look around May fair but didnt feel too excited by it all, arh the memories.

Then we heard of the terrible news from Bradford, no mobile phones then so we didnt know untill late on what had happened.
against league 3, an idiots guide to making the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 10:02:51 PM »
Sure have Richard. Along with the flag, newspapers, John & Des's match commentary + all the build up. Oh and a pic of Steve Evans waving his scarf down Wembley Way.

yam man

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Don't think I have any match memorabilia but the play caravan tent thing I bought at Wembley's Argos for my daughter's fifth birthday is still in the family, now used by her nieces. But whenever I see it, it reminds me of that day.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 06:19:14 PM »
Programme on BBC Radio Lincolnshire at the moment about Wembley. Scott Dalton currently talking to John Blackwell.