Author Topic: Chorley v Guiseley  (Read 11155 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Chorley v Guiseley
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 08:24:09 PM »
After the last minute equaliser and penalty save I thought Chorley had their name in the trophy (if there is one) but Guiseley have been in the playoffs forever so can't begrudge them the win.

I imagine they'll come straight back down though, you only have to look at the teams that dominate this league but then can't buy a win in the Prem. it really is quite a big leap.

Personally I doubt we could put together a squad capable of staying in the Prem until we're in the quadrant, but no need to worry about that for now.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 08:32:57 PM »
Their ground only holds 3000.
Their support is relatively low and always has been.

They won't be able to go full time due to the cost and most of the part time teams in Conference Premier struggle. 

I'll eat my hat if they make the play offs next season!!
yes they do. They have some in bottom corner I think, I do believe they can segregate as im sure they had to do it once a few season back
Have they got turnstiles at both ends of the ground? I can only remember two turnstile blocks at the end where the all weather pitch is - don't really see how they can segregate for the bigger sides?

Bunyan

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 11:37:34 AM »
Would love to see a pre-season friendly against Guisely at York Street. :)

Odin

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
Yes, and Boston could walk out onto the pitch to the sound of Yvonne Fair singing "It should have been me".
Think not.

JueChorleyFC

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 10:03:11 AM »
Like always, I come in peace, but there has been quite a few bitter comments on here.

Boston where unlucky at York Street, we scored a wonder goal and went on to win the lottery that is penalties.

We where unlucky at Victory Park. Three subs made because of injuries to our defensive line really cost us that game which we was in control of.

I can't defend our 'hoofball' tactics as we play them 90% of the time, however... FC Halifax - Took to a replay, held our own until we went down to 10 men. FGR - Took to a replay, held our own for 120 minutes and won on penalties. Two top Conference National sides and we gave them a run for their money.

Look forward to our two (and potentially more) games next season.

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 11:20:44 AM »
Like always, I come in peace, but there has been quite a few bitter comments on here.

Boston where unlucky at York Street, we scored a wonder goal and went on to win the lottery that is penalties.

We where unlucky at Victory Park. Three subs made because of injuries to our defensive line really cost us that game which we was in control of.

I can't defend our 'hoofball' tactics as we play them 90% of the time, however... FC Halifax - Took to a replay, held our own until we went down to 10 men. FGR - Took to a replay, held our own for 120 minutes and won on penalties. Two top Conference National sides and we gave them a run for their money.

Which bitter comments are you referring to?
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 11:30:45 AM »

But, just like us, you didn't go up... a lot of teams can match higher division teams in cup competitions. It's what you do every week that counts, or, ultimately, at the end of the season.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Odin

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
What 'wonder' goal ?
Those type of goals are flukes. They very really come off. It's like when people are described as heroes when they are substituted and get a last minute winning goal. The word hero is used far too often in the wrong place. Hero is a word that should only be used when someone risks his own life in order to save another.
Wonder goal, no, sheer fluke, yes.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
A fluke is when something happens in your favour, when you weren't aiming for hit. It was a definite attempt on goal - just 99 times out of 100 it flies into the stand (or over it).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

whydidyousaythat?

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »
What 'wonder' goal ?
Those type of goals are flukes. They very really come off. It's like when people are described as heroes when they are substituted and get a last minute winning goal. The word hero is used far too often in the wrong place. Hero is a word that should only be used when someone risks his own life in order to save another.
Wonder goal, no, sheer fluke, yes.
Unless of course it had been a Boston player who'd have scored a goal like that -then it would have been a wonder goal.  :P

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »

I'm not. Getting neck ache and watching a thug up front