Author Topic: Prediction League - Cameron vs Miliband v Clegg v Farage  (Read 7472 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Prediction League - Cameron vs Miliband v Clegg v Farage
« on: May 06, 2015, 10:07:08 PM »
OK, it's off topic - but has anybody got any predictions around what will happen tomorrow?

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prediction League - Cameron vs Miliband v Clegg v Farage
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 11:23:05 PM »
2 - 1

My predictions haven't gone too well in the prediction league this season  :( but I'll have a go!
I'll go against the pollsters and predict the conservatives will gain a majority.

Locally, I predict a UKIP win  :police:

azi1992

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 07:17:14 AM »
labour to win election. millie for pm.

Odin

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 08:35:55 AM »
My prediction would be - A large yellow depression spreading over the far north of the country with a smaller red pressure area developing over the industrial West of the country and  a large blue area of the country remaining under the influence of a high pressure that will look after itself and stuff everyone else. UKIP will appear under a few small scattered showers but in Boston And Skegness I expect it to *iss it down.
My problem with Millicent is that if I was introduced to him, never having met him before, and told that he was the Prime Minister of our country I would roll around laughing in disbelief. He doesn't look like a PM, in fact he looks more like a TV show muppet. I just couldn't take him seriously. At least Cameroon looks the part. Anyway at the end of the day being a politician is just a job and does anybody really believe someone who claims to be 'working for you'. Working for themselves yes but not us. It's an ego trip with expenses.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 08:45:57 AM by Odin »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:57:11 AM »
Hung parliament, God almighty mess, two weeks of hysterical dealing doomed to failure followed by a short-lived and shambolic attempt at minority Government by the Tories, and another election by Bonfire Night.

Locally, UKIP juuuuuuuuuuuust kept out by the Tories.

Mickey Nuttells Hair

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
As a betting man I checked out the Hung parliament odds a few weeks back, even then it was not worth bothering and they have got worse as its got closer.  Bookies never get it wrong!

I have the dubious honour of Ed Balls as my constituency MP*, I'm saying that now but I guess it might be different this time tomorrow!  I think he will stay but as last time on a further reduced majority.

If UKIP are going to do anything then you would have to say Boston & Skegness should go Purple, that said they are still talking about Farage not winning his which really would be a massive fail.

* I know technically we don't have any MPs currently...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 11:19:31 AM »
Four teams with no quality and too many greedy players ,  will depend on a last minute own goal if there is to be a winner .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 12:12:51 PM »
Betfair reckon a 93% chance of a hung parliament... and 25% chance that UKIP steal the Boston/Skegness seat
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 12:16:22 PM »
What's Farage like in goal?

Keynsham Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:16 PM »
Farage in goal? - he says that he'll keep more out than the rest but will in fact be no different

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
My predictions:-

Cons hold Boston.

Cons largest party but just short of a majority.

Cons/Lib coalition.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 08:18:46 AM »
My predictions:-

Cons hold Boston.

Cons largest party but just short of a majority.

Cons/Lib coalition.

Nearly right qwerty. Hit the goal post yet again ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »
Farage loses in Thanet South...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2015, 10:58:14 PM »

I'll go against the pollsters and predict the conservatives will gain a majority.

The 9 polling companies and their pollsters made a complete balls up of this one...I'm hoping for a better position in the prediction league next season  :police:

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »

The 9 polling companies and their pollsters made a complete balls up of this one...I'm hoping for a better position in the prediction league next season  :police:

There were a lot of voters who were undecided and no doubt couldn't trust Labour (& SNP controlling them) with the economy so voted Tory.  It was remarkable how accurate the exit pole was.  Just 22000 voters interviewed.    Politicians failed to keep their promise even on election night as Paddy Ashdon refused to eat his hat!!