Author Topic: Jamie Vardy  (Read 3891 times)

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Jamie Vardy
« on: May 21, 2015, 08:45:11 PM »
Jamie Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels five years ago, now he's just got an England call up.

I tried to find out whether he played against us, they were in the Unibond with us (09-10) but I can't find their XI for the fixtures.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Jamie Vardy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:52:44 PM »
He did, he tore us apart in the away game.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:58:26 AM »
Yep remember the name well. Looked a class apart then and looked like he was going to go on to bigger things and so it seems he had

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 09:42:58 PM »
He's a decent player but if he is being considered by England then we are in the s##t.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

deano

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 10:30:40 PM »
 Ian Wright and Stuart Pearce both came through at a late stage from non league if Vardy does half as well good for him and England .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »
Ian Wright and Stuart Pearce both came through at a late stage from non league if Vardy does half as well good for him and England .

Both of them were quality players playing for quality title challenging top flight clubs. Jamie Vardy would not get into any side in the top ten of the premier lge imo.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 08:02:43 AM »

Both of them were quality players playing for quality title challenging top flight clubs. Jamie Vardy would not get into any side in the top ten of the premier lge imo.

But England are playing the Republic of Ireland and Slovenia. How many Irish and/or Slovenian players are playing for clubs in the top ten of the Premier League? I agree that there are better players, but I'd expect Vardy to do a decent job for England if involved in either of these games. I'd just worry a bit if we were looking to him against a Brazil or a Germany.