Author Topic: A salute to The Pilgrims  (Read 10020 times)

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
A salute to The Pilgrims
« on: May 03, 2015, 09:47:13 AM »
From the back room to the forward line all at BUFC deserve our heartfelt thanks for the fantastic ride this season.

Stand up and take a bow, I salute you all!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:01:50 AM by aggy »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: A salute to The Pilgrims
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:57:12 AM »
Any chance Ken of putting a "like" button on here ?
I'm sure the above would get loads.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »
So proud of what the club has achieved this season - on and off the pitch.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 11:44:41 AM »
So proud of all the players, Dennis, Mr Newton & staff of Boston Utd.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »

There is a "like" button in the next version of the board software (2.1). It's only in beta at the moment so not recommended for use just yet, but as soon as it's out with the official version I'll do the upgrade.

The closest you can get to a "Like" with the current version (2.0.9) is that you can post messages with a "Thumb Up" icon next to them by choosing a Message icon: "Thumb Up" instead of the default "Standard".

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 12:01:34 PM »
I have left it overnight to comment on yesterday, unfortunately I am still gutted. How good it was to see over 3000 there and on that note I urge as many as possible to purchase a season ticket for next season everyone at the club has worked so hard to restore the pride back into our club. We have signed up the best players for next term and with the addition of a keeper and a ball playing mid fielder plus a couple more may be in a position to win the league and go up without the lottery that is a penalty shoot out. A few weeks off and then return to another exciting season along with the marvelous prospect of a new ground being completed for us challenge in the National League. Yes we are all feeling down now but look to the near future, commit yourself to the club, buy a season ticket, for the last few days may well be forgotten as we become champions this time next year. I feel much better now.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »

There is a "like" button in the next version of the board software (2.1). It's only in beta at the moment so not recommended for use just yet, but as soon as it's out with the official version I'll do the upgrade.

The closest you can get to a "Like" with the current version (2.0.9) is that you can post messages with a "Thumb Up" icon next to them by choosing a Message icon: "Thumb Up" instead of the default "Standard".
Glad you know what your on about Ken!

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 12:12:11 PM »
From the back room to the forward line all at BUFC deserve our heartfelt thanks for the fantastic ride this season.

Stand up and take a bow, I salute you all!

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 02:35:08 PM »
Think Chorley or Telford did this but they started selling season tickets a few weeks ago at Conf North prices but obviously if they got up it would be a good deal. Think they had a reasonable uptake.... maybe we missed a trick there? Capitalise on the momentum we have and get 14-1500 regulars next term or do what we did in 2011/2 and end up with an average around 1,000

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 07:15:24 AM »
Joshb I think we did miss a trick. We never seem to be on the front foot as far as season tickets are concerned. They should have been on sale for the last home league game of the season to make the most of the footfall at the ground.

No doubt there will be an announcement in the next few weeks and we will be given a two week window in which to buy at a cheaper price  :o

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 08:24:14 AM »
Joshb I think we did miss a trick. We never seem to be on the front foot as far as season tickets are concerned. They should have been on sale for the last home league game of the season to make the most of the footfall at the ground.

No doubt there will be an announcement in the next few weeks and we will be given a two week window in which to buy at a cheaper price  :o

TEP

The club did not know what league they would be so I suppose they were unable to set price .
Other years they have done a discounted offer , presume same again this year .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »
Posted by @bostonunited on May 3rd...

"Season ticket info for 2015-2016 will be announced in the coming days - your opportunity to back @densmagic and the #BUFC squad next season"
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 11:19:39 AM »
Prices held again :)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 11:37:53 AM »
Excellent news. Wouldn't be surprised to see a modest increase in sales thanks to the post-Christmas form and the price freeze.

BUFC Loyal

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2015, 12:22:15 PM »
How much were season tickets last season? I couldn't afford one but ended up paying on the gate all season and only missed a handful of home games due to work, so I'm planning on getting one this year