Author Topic: Tears in the dressing room  (Read 11944 times)

Odin

Re: Tears in the dressing room
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:20:08 PM »
What a professional performance. I for one am totally proud of everyone of them.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »
Well said Odin. Front to back, bench backroom staff and all.

Thanks for one hell of a ride, it's never boring following BUFC

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:15 PM »
Well said Odin. Front to back, bench backroom staff and all.

Thanks for one hell of a ride, it's never boring following BUFC
Agree with that

Fairfax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 10:30:17 PM »
If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss...

southender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 10:48:16 PM »
Absolutely gutted but how many thought we would have been in the play offs a couple of months ago anyway?

The team have been absolutely superb, including today, and have given us fans loads of entertainment and we are proud of you.

So if any of the players and management are reading this - Heads up, you are a credit to the club. And next season you will be even stronger.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 11:16:21 PM »
Agree all the team can hold there heads up high  :)

Fishtoft Crew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 01:11:44 AM »
Three thousand people watched and enjoyed an afternoon they won't forget. Great atmosphere around the pubs in town great expectation. Tense match in control the ground rocking thirty seconds to go then a total worldly amazing goal if sky had it it would be repeated every five seconds. The pens went against on the toss of a coin our players Pidge and Garns missed and we lost.  Well done Chorley and fans quality.  Tonight I've heard their number 9 was an animal totally disagree great battle him and Pidge who embraced each other before penalties that's how it should be. Support today was outstanding second to none three fans in Coach after the game as we couldn't go in Sports Bar as private function was on tonight which I think was a total Pr Cock up of a magnimous degree said what a great club support and fan base we have they didn't gloat just happy to be part of a great day.  So in summary good luck Chorley in the final. Been a great season luck wasn't on our side . Thanks Dg and Bunny and Sir David. 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 01:44:48 AM »
Tonight I've heard their number 9 was an animal totally disagree great battle him and Pidge
His elbow, which he received no booking for, was incredibly violent and Pidge did well to stay conscious.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

B Grimes

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 08:13:09 AM »
It was a real choker wasn't it, and to lose out so late in the game to a worldy, especially when the ref had already given the linsemen two thumbs up each to signal the four minutes had gone was beyond heartache.
Okay it wasn't a great performance football wise but these games rarely are. Everyone gave everything and am not sure if anything more can be asked of them.

An even game where no quarter was given and the support was awesome. Flick of a coin stuff in so many ways and that's how close we came. Gutted, sick but proud.

Other than the result the only other bummer could be if there was any scouts there, If there were I fear pre season offers may flood in for Pidge whose performance to me was absolutely colossus. God how good how commanding was he today.

Can't wait for next season already

Odin

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 08:17:44 AM »
No 9 was an animal. A player who deliberately asaults another player with his elbows the way he was doing in order to 'take the other player out' so that they stood a better chance of winning is a moron.
Ps I don't think their second goal was at all fantastic. How many of those type of attempts do you see come off, very few, which to me says it was pure luck, not skill, just a fluke. The man in black was never going to let Boston win yesterday, he made that very clear. If anyone needed a good elbowing it was him.
Anyway lets get back to praising a fantastic bunch of honest, hard working, professional footballers, not a band of bully boys.

Shauneyg

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »
If there were scouts there yesterday they would certainly be thinking about pidge and also mills. Pidge is the best centre half out side of the football league of that I'm certain. An absolute warrior and we will do well to hold on to him this summer. Mills alongside him works perfectly for us he reads the game really well and is a class player. I certainly hope mills continues at centre half but I have heard he wants to play full back?? I'm proud of the season we have had and now need them 3/4 players to take us to the next level and challenge for the title next season. We need the extra fans to come on a regular basis it really does make a massive difference in every aspect. Up the pilgrims!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 09:34:31 AM »
To me Pidge is a more accomplished defender than Adam Flint was at Alfreton in their promotion year .
This season Flint has been a outstanding in Bristol Rovers Div 1  Champions side .   Must but a big valuation on Pidge .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 09:38:51 AM »
Other than the result the only other bummer could be if there was any scouts there,
JB has been declining freebies for FL/Conference clubs this week... at least any scouts would have had to pay to get in.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 09:45:53 AM »
Yep, Pidge and Mills were outstanding.

Horrible having to blame the ref after not winning. But he really wasn't good. It was a match were the Chorley players sensed he wasn't a good ref and did try and manipulate the ref.

Not sure we do need 3/4 new players. The form table from Boxing Day to end of regular Season would leave us top of league so surely the squad we has is good enough. Only real position to sort is the keeper, if Sunderland let us keep Max on a season loan that would be ideal if not we need another top keeper and that's about it.