Author Topic: FA please note  (Read 27376 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA please note
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2015, 11:41:54 AM »
Blaming the referee is however a little shallow.
The extra 2 points the ref won for you against Trinity at York street a starter for you to ponder.

Say what?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
The so called Officals of the match was so poor, infact they should be reported to the FA as" Not Fit For Purpose"

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Unlucky yesterday it's never nice to fall at such a late hurdle.

Yes on the day he maybe was weak but you had the chance to see the game out in normal time and in penalties and failed on both occasions.

Enjoy the summer and we shall see you all at the Northolme next season, become a bit more welcoming of away fans and you may see more than 26 make the opposite journey.

It's true we did have ourselves to blame for sitting off and trying to hold on.  I was merely making the point that it happens so often in the big games in this league that officials are weak ( and this crew were), you'd think the FA would address the issue in the play offs at least with an officiating team from an higher level.  As for you lot bringing more than 26 it would be nice I guess you count yourself lucky to be in the league so I doubt you'd manage to double it.

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »
Unlucky yesterday it's never nice to fall at such a late hurdle.

Yes on the day he maybe was weak but you had the chance to see the game out in normal time and in penalties and failed on both occasions.

Enjoy the summer and we shall see you all at the Northolme next season, become a bit more welcoming of away fans and you may see more than 26 make the opposite journey.

It's true we did have ourselves to blame for sitting off and trying to hold on.  I was merely making the point that it happens so often in the big games in this league that officials are weak ( and this crew were), you'd think the FA would address the issue in the play offs at least with an officiating team from an higher level.  As for you lot bringing more than 26 it would be nice I guess you count yourself lucky to be in the league so I doubt you'd manage to double it.

Correct we do think ourselves lucky to still be in this league but with a lot of hard work by volunteers bind the scenes we are.

As for bringing more than 26 to your place it will not happen whilst you continue to employ nazi stewards who continuously suppress away fans' ability to support their team. In my own personal experience I have seen fans told they can't hang flags because they cover advertising boards and on other occasions I have been hit by objects thrown by home fans and when any mention is made stewards have threaghtened with eviction from the ground. Excuse me for not wanting to pay to be subjected to such nazi operations.

Yes I know you had fans attacked at our place and that has now resulted in segregation being put in place to try to stop it. Things will never be perfect that's football.

Hopefully when you move to your new home you will employ new stewards. Start by shaving the nazi rash from the payroll

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2015, 12:38:30 PM »
I tend to agree with Stanrat, yes the officials were poor but they didn't cost us the game. Two nil up the game was in our hands and we blew it. Also as LP posted if those balls had not been thrown in from our end their last goal would not have been scored as that must have took up at least a minute. We have had a great season the team and management have done us proud, so as far as I'm concerned it's onwards and upwards to next season when we can hopefully go one step further .
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2015, 12:41:11 PM »
We have had a great season the team and management have done us proud, so as far as I'm concerned it's onwards and upwards to next season when we can hopefully go one step further .
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2015, 01:13:50 PM »
Unlucky yesterday.

Have to say (through gritted teeth) that Boston were probably the best team we saw on the Northolme this season.
However, to insist on a conspiracy theory (dipdodah) is a little extreme. Referees at this level are not the best, (like the players) and more mistakes are made- usually honestly. Perhaps too much injury time was played (more is added for time wasting) but it's not the refs fault that Boston missed their pens.
Referees job would be much easier if they didn't have 22 players trying to cheat.

Stanrat is also correct in his judgement of Boston's stewards (bouncers) it's a fact that some fans no longer go to Boston because of the "welcome" they receive, and hopefully with your new ground then new stadium management will follow

Good luck for next season, (but not against Trinity)

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2015, 02:48:49 PM »

Good luck for next season, (but not against Trinity)

We don't need luck against Trinity.  Skill is all that is required.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2015, 05:39:12 PM »
I didn't think the officials were terrible yesterday. Not perfect - when are they ever perfect? - but at no point did I ever really feel they were so hopeless that they somehow denied us the win. That was down to us - and an extraordinary equaliser. I thought the female lino was very good and got most, if not all, her decisions spot on, which is all you can ask for really.

Odin

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2015, 06:06:54 PM »
It wasn't the officials (plural) that were bad, it was the one person in black with the whistle that was the problem. He allowed their number 9 to assault our players, especially Pidge,  numerous times with his elbows, how do you think he got that cut to his head. The person in black, not a referee because that word implies he knows what he's doing, should have him sent to the bath tub in the 1st half but he didn't. Why didn't he. You can't tell me he missed all those assaults with his elbows and I use the word assault because what he was doing was a deliberate act of violence against someone intending to cause him injury so that he would have to leave the pitch.
By the way, the female Lino only did what the person in black had told her to do before leaving the changing rooms, "I will tell you which way to award the throw and leave the decisions on fouls to me." She only put her flag up after the idiot pointed to her which way to give it.
He was a disgrace for allowing their number 9 to get away with those assaults for as long as he did.
On Wednesday night the same player was yellow carded for doing the same act of violence very very early in the first half against the same player. Well done to Pidge for not dropping him.

Maxross

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »
I'm not normally one for blaming it complaining about refs, but it's hard to argue against this performance not having impacted the result. Number 9 was a thug, pure and simple. He was getting nothing against Piergianni and so decided go give him an elbow in the face. It was the most blatant elbow I've seen in years, and I would guess not one person in the ground missed it. The fact that he stayed on and pulled Piergianni over to LB means he continued to have a considerable influence on the game, long after he should have gone. He went on to commit several other offences worthy of a yellow card, including a ridiculous dive before he was finally booked. On the other hand, Mark Jones was booked for the first minor infringement he committed. I can only guess that the ref was frightened of him.

Of course, he didn't cost us a 2-0 lead, we played our own part in that. But to say him staying on the pitch didn't contribute is simply disingenuous. Without their main arial target and with Piergianni freed up to defend against others, they would have been completely dofferent proposition.

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »
I'm not normally one for blaming it complaining about refs, but it's hard to argue against this performance not having impacted the result. Number 9 was a thug, pure and simple. He was getting nothing against Piergianni and so decided go give him an elbow in the face. It was the most blatant elbow I've seen in years, and I would guess not one person in the ground missed it. The fact that he stayed on and pulled Piergianni over to LB means he continued to have a considerable influence on the game, long after he should have gone. He went on to commit several other offences worthy of a yellow card, including a ridiculous dive before he was finally booked. On the other hand, Mark Jones was booked for the first minor infringement he committed. I can only guess that the ref was frightened of him.

Of course, he didn't cost us a 2-0 lead, we played our own part in that. But to say him staying on the pitch didn't contribute is simply disingenuous. Without their main arial target and with Piergianni freed up to defend against others, they would have been completely dofferent proposition.

Glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way well said.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 08:22:04 PM »

Well said that man.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 09:27:03 PM »
I've just googled the referee's name and he is only 23 years old - younger than several of the players. He can't have been a referee very long, and certainly can't have had many year's experience at Conference North level. For a game of the magnitude and prestige of a play-off tie, shouldn't a more experienced official have been appointed?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 10:53:23 PM »
I've just googled the referee's name and he is only 23 years old - younger than several of the players. He can't have been a referee very long, and certainly can't have had many year's experience at Conference North level. For a game of the magnitude and prestige of a play-off tie, shouldn't a more experienced official have been appointed?

Yes