Author Topic: FA please note  (Read 27374 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
FA please note
« on: May 02, 2015, 06:12:33 PM »
Referee not fit for purpose
Disgrace
OK we lost and anything said on here will look like sour grapes but"..........

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: FA please note
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »
Agreed. If those townenders hadn't thrown those balls onto the pitch though I think the ref would have blown the whistle 30 seconds earlier and with a final score of Boston 2 Chorley 1. Really disappointed to lose out on a chanceof promotion on such a fine margin.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 06:37:07 PM »
Slowly calming....
Can anyone explain how there 9 was still on the pitch to take there first pen?
Persistent fouling, the worst dive since Trundle and then to top it off grabbing Garns by the throat as he is laid on floor and kicked out at him....
Getting wound up again :(

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 07:00:53 PM »
Gutted :(

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 07:06:21 PM »
Dean elbowed Pidge in a clear straight red card but was missed by both officials. How he remained on the pitch I'll never know , still ref  seemed pleased the dirty cloggers won. We'll just have to win the league next season. Matt Jansen said we would be footballed to death !! More like fouled to death.

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 07:08:51 PM »
Have to agree ref should of gripped there players early on then to give jones a yellow at first small foul is a disgrace . Time was over
4 mins for there goal but have to give them credit it was a good goal . They had 2 chances and took them if we had took half our chances over the 2 games we would not of been under pressure at the end . never mind roll on next season and keep on smiling  ;D

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 07:11:22 PM »
Anybody know the 50/50 numbers could not hear them .

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Yes I missed them too

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 08:20:26 PM »
The ref said the extra time was due to Felix injury..... 3 min on the 4 added. Erm there player was down for longer in the 2nd period of extra time with nowt added.... Screwed again but a massive well done to the players

Odin

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 09:18:51 PM »
There can only be two possible reasons for a man in black to ref a game so badly as him 1. He is on the take or 2. He is an absolute ****ing idiot, incompetent, spineless Chorley supporter. Disgraceful. Laughed the abuse off but he was earning it. He should never be allowed to be put in charge of a game ever again. They got away with assault after assault after assault. They were diving like Daley and poor Jones did a timid foul and was booked for it.
Having said that totally proud of Boston United squad. They were real professionals, no diving or retaliating, great discipline.
Well done man in black for giving the game to Chorley, you *osser.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 10:30:12 AM »
There can only be two possible reasons for a man in black to ref a game so badly as him 1. He is on the take or 2. He is an absolute ****ing idiot, incompetent, spineless Chorley supporter. Disgraceful. Laughed the abuse off but he was earning it. He should never be allowed to be put in charge of a game ever again. They got away with assault after assault after assault. They were diving like Daley and poor Jones did a timid foul and was booked for it.
Having said that totally proud of Boston United squad. They were real professionals, no diving or retaliating, great discipline.

We have this conversation every time we have a chance of promotion. FACT: they do not want us up, we are the most hated and despised team in all of non league.  All the good work that has been put into the rebuilding of our reputation, still has a long way to go. The powers that be have very long memories.  We cheated our way into the league,we cheated when in the league, we even tried to cheat half way through the match at Wrexham( going into admin ).

It is not fair on the present day club and team that they have to carry this shame.
We were cheated yesterday, as we were against Guisley.

I am afraid we will always be playing against 12 men.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Sussex Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »

We have this conversation every time we have a chance of promotion. FACT: they do not want us up, we are the most hated and despised team in all of non league.  All the good work that has been put into the rebuilding of our reputation, still has a long way to go. The powers that be have very long memories.  We cheated our way into the league,we cheated when in the league, we even tried to cheat half way through the match at Wrexham( going into admin ).

It is not fair on the present day club and team that they have to carry this shame.
We were cheated yesterday, as we were against Guisley.

I am afraid we will always be playing against 12 men.

I have to say yesterday seemed to me more that the ref and his crew were not up to the occasion in more ways than one.  He could not or would not make a decision when the home fans were right and baying.  The number 9 should have walked early on for the elbow in the face to Pidge and everyone could see that. Then gives a yellow for a trip by Jones; the Conf North officials are simply not up to refing play off finals of this size.

The lineswoman was equally hopless, at one point Felix started his run two yards behind the left back as the ball is played and she flagged him offside, another occasion an opposition player gets the ball by going through the back of Felix and she thinks getting the ball by any means is legit, hopless officiation.  The number 6 could and should easily have been sent off before he eventually was; as I screamed many times yesterday they needed to get a grip.  I can only see one winner next week anyway and it's not the team we played yesterday unless they have the same standard of officals.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 11:08:28 AM »
The ref was far too lenient with his cards in the first half. Had he shown a couple early on, Chorley maybe would have changed their physical approach... or had more than 1 sent off.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Stanrat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »
Unlucky yesterday it's never nice to fall at such a late hurdle.

Blaming the referee is however a little shallow. Yes on the day he maybe was weak but you had the chance to see the game out in normal time and in penalties and failed on both occasions.

I would also hazard a guess that on more than one occasion you have had a few decisions go your way which aided your final league position. The extra 2 points the ref won for you against Trinity at York street a starter for you to ponder.

Enjoy the summer and we shall see you all at the Northolme next season, become a bit more welcoming of away fans and you may see more than 26 make the opposite journey.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »
Unlucky yesterday it's never nice to fall at such a late hurdle.

Blaming the referee is however a little shallow. Yes on the day he maybe was weak but you had the chance to see the game out in normal time and in penalties and failed on both occasions.

I would also hazard a guess that on more than one occasion you have had a few decisions go your way which aided your final league position. The extra 2 points the ref won for you against Trinity at York street a starter for you to ponder.

Enjoy the summer and we shall see you all at the Northolme next season, become a bit more welcoming of away fans and you may see more than 26 make the opposite journey.

Unless you were there how can you comment.  We were cheated. I spoke to a guy who has not been to see Boston in five years, he said" now I remember why I stopped coming, you play against the ref as well"
The older I get, the earlier it gets late